Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #35

Where do you think BL is right now?

• Mexico

Votes: 50 7.1%
  • Cuba

Votes: 12 1.7%
  • Canada

Votes: 20 2.8%
  • Carlton Reserve, FL

Votes: 98 13.8%
  • Somewhere else in FL

Votes: 166 23.4%
  • New York

Votes: 24 3.4%
  • Somewhere else in the US

Votes: 306 43.2%
  • Somewhere else in the world

Votes: 32 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're welcome!

True. And with the fill in the blank game going, I'm starting to think it's less likely to be about leaving Gabby in Utah 8/17. It does sound like something habitual, which is what I was asking people about upthread -- whether they thought she was referring to something habitual.
It was also said by Gabby's Godmother in this interview that BL flew to FL and back.
"I can't remember if she was picking him up the next day, or the day after that, from the airport"
So IMO based on that, she had full use of the van while he was gone and even dropped off/picked up from the airport.
Missing woman's family frustrated with missing puzzle piece

New details emerge about Brian Laundrie's behavior in the days after his fiance went missing - CNN

Laundrie used a debit card and PIN number for accounts that did not belong to him for charges totaling more than $1,000 between the dates of August 30 and September 1, according to the indictment.

An attorney for Laundrie's family emphasized that the warrant was not for Petito's death but related to activities that took place afterward.

"It is my understanding that the arrest warrant for Brian Laundrie is related to activities occurring after the death of Gabby Petito and not related to her actual demise," Steve Bertolino said in a statement. "The FBI is focusing on locating Brian and when that occurs the specifics of the charges covered under the indictment will be addressed in the proper forum."

The Crime Division of Wyoming Federal Court is claiming that he is a possible danger to society.

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.wyd.59306/gov.uscourts.wyd.59306.2.0.pdf

Short and very interesting!

@Alethea With a Federal crime, is he going to need a Federal lawyer to argue that he’ll be just fine out on bail, just fine?

Am I right that his current lawyer, based in New York State, wouldn’t be able to argue this in a Federal court, even if he wanted to?
Or, come to think of it, can any lawyer who’s passed the bar in his own state defend someone accused of a Federal crime?

And, to what extent do lawyers have to follow their client’s wishes—specifically, I’m thinking that a lawyer might well think that it’s in BLs interests to be locked up in a cosy jail cell, rather than being tempted to go on the run again?

All My Hare-brained Speculations

Seriously, they don't need a celebrity bounty hunter to add to the drama going on. This guy "Dog" just got married so why the attention seeking? <insert eye roll> JMO

There are plenty of good ol' boys on ATVs zipping thru the area that will be happy to sniff BL out. It would not surprise me at all if we learned some locals turned over the contents of their own trail cams, deer cams, etc. Not that they should have them on public land but no doubt they do. I personally know people here who bait wildlife (deer, boar, etc) on their own acreage to feed their families. JMO

I agree. I'm on BumbleBFF for my area and it's exactly what it says it is, a means of meeting other people who are looking for friendship and company, not romance or sex. I'm an old lady and the app suggests other women my age who share my interests to me as potential friends, and recommends me to them. I've met up with a number of those BumbleBFF matches for coffee or lunch in public places and while not all of them worked out to be friendships, I wasn't sex-trafficked or forced into prostitution, and I wasn't meeting anyone for sex nor did they expect that I was.

Gabby did nothing wrong by using BumbleBFF and I agree with you completely, it's unfair to imply that she was cheating on BL because she used it.

We all needed this post. Thank you for sharing! Gabby was looking for a friend and found one. Nothing to see there.

MOO.

It's NOT illegal for a Bounty Hunter to knock and/or speak to people that have last seen the missing person.

Agreed. Again, why would LE stop him from knocking on a door? They are not that family's bodyguards. Were the police standing out there and overhead what the guy was saying or something and that he was announcing why he was knocking on the door before he knocked?

Last edited:
How serious was the engagement? I’ve seen someone post the couple’s engagement photo on this site. However, GP was not wearing an engagement ring. Did he even buy her one? Were they actually engaged or was he just dreaming that a girl like GP would actually agree to marry him?

Speculating, yes, but reasonably. Makes sense that BL enjoys walks in the wild. I do too. It’s relaxing for me to take a hike in the woods, preserves, reserves, etc.

A reason attorneys do not like their cliee Ed nyc talking about a case is that things can come out the wrong way. I think that is what the sister was discovering.
But the original quote was something his sister said about his supposed trip back to the East Coast, leaving GP in Salt Lake City. She speculated that he flew. -- "that's what he did when he is..." The context wasn't his sister talking about activities that he enjoyed or ways he liked to relax, it was about the trip back to Florida.

I think he had mental issues… in this article the friend claims “he had episodes of hearing noises and voices “.Brian Laundrie was controlling, suffered ‘episodes,’ Gabby Petito’s friend says

That would make sense IMO. He might have serious issues popping up. Perhaps he was 'trained' to go home as fast as he can when he gets an episode/fit/"when he is triggered", even if it means popping on a plane. If this is the case, the parents might have to provide a safe athmosphere to calm him down by doing regular, non-intrusive things like clearing the shed (as what they did when he flew home?) mowing the lawn, going fo a bike ride.... Sure would explain the odd 'nothing going on here' behaviour by the Laundries. This could also explain why he tailgated back home to just 'mow the lawn' after arrival etc. But maybe is was too late to calm him down this time and the parents did not know till all horror came out :(

I don't know.
But if he emptied out a storage unit then it wouldn't pan out as a theory.. necessarily..

Do we have confirmation of a storage unit being cleaned out or have we only heard her parents believed that to be the case? I am not super clear on what we know and don't know about that.

I also wonder if he really did go off for 3-4 months in the past or even weeks at a time. If so, is it possible this was not the first person he has hurt? I do believe this was a situation where things got out of control. Who was using her card at the time he may have returned to Florida? JMO

I have no problem believing B flew home to Florida for a week for some unknown reason.
why not?
She was safe in a nice hotel with a lot of work to do.
It's only a problem if he took her possessions, van keys or and wallet..
He may have had her permission. They lived together. Were engaged and in a joint venture. She outright said she wasn’t comfortable driving the van. Not unusual—I’m not comfortable driving large vehicles like that. Appears BL did the driving of that van though Gabby was the owner

I have no problem believing B flew home to Florida for a week for some unknown reason.
why not?
She was safe in a nice hotel with a lot of work to do.
It's only a problem if he took her possessions, van keys or and wallet..
The hotel stay is within a week of her death. It's definitely a problem if he took her van, wallet or keys. I can also see it being problematic if he's getting her to spend her money on a hotel when she might have that money designated for the rest of the trip. She seems to have more money than him at this point. Making her spend her money is a tactic to make her equally broke as him and takes some of her power away.

I don’t know the rules of bounty hunting.. let’s saw Dog sees him somewhere, is he allowed to apprehend him or does he have to alert FBI or Marshalls or PD?

In my state, bounty hunters have the same rights as citizens, but not police. They can make a citizens' arrest, then contact LE.

From Brian Entin’s Q&A livestream:

”The FBI has apparently been going to certain restaurants asking for surveillance video to try see if they had video of the Laundries eating at certain places after Gabby went missing when Brian came back.”

”Yesterday, they released one of these interviews and they talked about the search, but they were really explaining that it’s not just the search at the reserve, they’re doing all sorts of other things behind the scenes too. So, kind of what was mentioned earlier, I heard they had been at several restaurants looking for surveillance video. While the focus seems to be the reserve, I think that there’s a lot of other stuff going on too.”

”So, they are searching at reserve again today. From what I understand, there’s not quite as many officers over there searching, but they are searching.”

Breaking down this comment from his sister during an ABC interview, I find her wording to be odd! “that’s what he did when he is”

Does anyone else find that phasing strange? “when he is” WHAT? “...I don’t want to say that” - covering?
I know, I'm obsessed with this now.

Past tense, "did," present tense, "is," followed by "don't want to say that." He flew (more than once?) when... WHAT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix