Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's quite a large amount of vehicles, and since it's noon, it doesn't seem "routine" like they're just heading there to start the search for the day (as they would do at 8-9am). Fingers crossed...
definaitly something going on!

For those of you who think Brian's dead...
He would have had to blow his brains out.
He would have to have had a gun.
He would have to have obtained a license for that gun.
He would have to have obtained ammunition.
Any of that verifiable?
Is the glass half full or half empty?
Or has Brian the survivalist run off with the glass and the water?

Oh, you sweet person. I agree that using a gun would be the best solution (and we could see what appeared to be an empty gun case in the trunk of the Mustang when LE opened it up and took that case). So, I think LE thinks of him as armed and dangerous in the swamp and have been acting accordingly.

He doesn't have to have a gun license! People walk around with unlicensed guns all the time. FL isn't exactly known for being unfriendly to guns. Most people keep ammunition in or near the gun that's in their car. I mean, why have a gun in your car if you don't also have the ammo?? We buy our ammo online from outside California, from states that permit mail order ammo. (We use it only for target practice but other people stockpile ammo regularly). Ammo isn't traced in all states. Florida is one of the easiest states in which to buy ammo and they do ship nationwide without restrictions. Locals would be able to pay cash. I don't know how FBI could trace a particular bullet back to a store, btw, if common ammo was used. If someone goes into the store and pays cash for ammo, I don't think it would be easy to track it.

Anyway, I assume he has a gun, maybe had a gun in WY, and that he has ammo. I also assume that even it's traceable, all it will do is trace back to one of the people we already know are involved.

People kill themselves in odd ways sometimes (tying weights to themselves and jumping into bodies of water; hanging; cutting; pills + asphyxiation). Doing any of this in a swamp probably aids in the swiftness of both the death and the destruction of the body by the environment, including wildlife.

If Brian wanted to off himself, he'd take the gun (probably registered to his parents - and btw, you can loan your guns to people to shoot, even if they. aren't the registered owner), wade out into an alligator pond and do it there.

@imstilla.grandma @04009margaret please see below - this is not the note on the car, per say, but a police report about it.
With the changing timeline, this pricks my curiosity more than anything else, according to their own code enforcement a vehicle is only considered abandoned after 5 or more days. Why the ticket after 2, unless the mustang was there longer than what we have been led to believe.

I totally agree with this, however every time I bring it up I am lectured about how much work goes into editing photos for Instagram and posting one (ONE!) video (from first hand experience: this is not true) and am told I am insulting Gabby's "art" -- this is such a valid point that I feel deserves discussion -- how exactly did she expect to make money from the minimal effort she was putting into it? Maybe you'll have better luck than I have at getting others here to agree it's worthy of discussion.

I've discussed this several times in previous threads. I'd read some posts that made it sound as if people were impressed by what she was doing, I didn't see that.

To me they looked like typical vacation pictures, nothing amazing stood out to me. All the work involved wasn't being done, probably a bone of contention between BL & Gabby. Probably lead to a lot of fights.

But because of her inexperience she shouldn't have had been focusing on making money, but she should have been taking a lot pictures of their journey. She should have waited until she was home and had the time to put up content. Even then it's got to be good content and it needs constant updates.

It's called creating a brand and it's consuming. I don't follow 'influencers' or 'vanlife', but I do know it takes commitment, it's a business.

I've found that most successful influencer's are more provocative, have a product of interest, and have branded themselves with a lot of interest.

Until this case I had never heard of vanlife and there doesn't seem to be a something that would interest a lot of people, except like minded people. A small minority of people. Not a sellable product anywhere.

She was probably doing it or wanting to do it for love, but it's a hard career if at all.

I'm not feeling he committed suicide.
I think he is sitting back in a safehouse/cabin watching this manhunt unfold and he is enjoying his 15 minutes of infamy.
I agree. I think the Moab incident inflated his ego. I think he’s alive and well, and I think he’s enjoying watching the count of his Instagram followers increase.

He has what Gabby so badly wanted. She has a large following now as well, enough of a following to do what she wanted to do monetarily, but it’s a shame she’s not here to see it.

She truly has touched the world.

Attachments

• NP Abandoned vehicle 9.14.2021 pg 1.png
    NP Abandoned vehicle 9.14.2021 pg 1.png
    102.7 KB · Views: 36
That's quite a large amount of vehicles, and since it's noon, it doesn't seem "routine" like they're just heading there to start the search for the day (as they would do at 8-9am). Fingers crossed...
I agree…that’s many many more vehicles than we’ve seen out there the past several days. Maybe the dogs hit on something?! I hope so!

Maybe she tried and got no response. Maybe BL gave CL some story about them breaking up and CL thought GP just didn’t want to talk.

Good question though. I’d be curious to hear her response.

many times couples break up and the family of the one side cuts ties with the other person completely. also...these questions could have been asked. there's only so much we're being told.

Interesting comment from WFLA chopper pilot, He states earlier today it was the drone van and two vehicles. Sometime after that an additional 10 or so LE vehicles showed up in a hurry.

I apologise if this has been asked before in previous threads.

Would a gator eat EVERYTHING? Would it all be digested? I'm talking bones, clothes, anything else you may be carrying ( your phone? ) - surely something would be left behind?

I really do not believe that he went to the reserve & even thought the attorney is now stating he was last seen on the 13th, I feel he left earlier than this.

His parents do not come across as people who are concerned for their son ( or anyone else for that matter! ) Maybe because they know he is holed up somewhere safe. Maybe they really do not care. I think I posted yesterday & post was lost with server upgrade. I can see either one or both of the parents having narcissistic tenancies, with CL being the family scapegoat & BL the golden child... and the apple really didn't fall far from the tree with him! JMO MOO

I did some research about Alligators and what they can digest. According to multiple sources, "An alligator can digest anything it swallows -- muscle, bone, cartilage, etc. are all digested completely. Alligators, being cold-blooded, do not have to eat very often."

I think he parked on the side of the reserve closest to their neighborhood. There aren't that many parking spaces or lots near the preserve. My question is why did they go look for the car/for him in the first place? They find the notice on the car (they probably know the rules for this preserve - no overnight parking, no longterm parking). They apparently are wondering where he is, but yes, any sane person would be concerned about him just going into the preserve and not coming back the same day, due to the rules of the preserve. They had to have thought, "Hmm, he's run away." Did they already know he'd left his phone at home? They must have tried to call him and it rang inside the house (that would send many parents out to look for their "kid").

They find the warning notice and don't want the car towed. I assume they figured that if he emerged from the swamp, he'd have to walk home. It's not that far. BL had walked about 16-18 miles from the Spread Creek area to Colter Bay. He is also capable of hitchhiking. Google maps says. it's about a 4 hour walk from the edge of the preserve to their general area.

They must have had a moment, there. A heart-sinking moment for any parent. They probably thought he had killed himself, but after reflection, they decide that there's some outside chance that he's still alive and is a missing person.

I keep thinking about what would have happened if they had not called in a missing person report. Seems to me that if they were actively aiding and abetting him to escape (knowing that the warrant was upcoming), they could have just been silent for a while. But instead, they seem to worry enough to call in a missing person's report. If that was done deceptively, then they really are an antisocial and sneaky pair of people.

I'm not sure why anyone thinks it strange that the parents wanted to avoid the car being towed or why they wouldn't expect Walker Brian to simply walk home. That's what he does (he walks a lot, IMO).

I have assumed that the reason to register him as a missing person, was a directive made by the lawyer....

Last edited:
It appears they both worked at a Publix at the same time at some time in the past, however:

Previously posted by DeDee in a long past thread here:

"According to [Rose] Davis, Petito had been working 50 hours a week at a local Taco Bell prior to the couple's trek, which began in early July. She says Laundrie did not want Petito working, after the two had quit their jobs at a nearby Publix with the pandemic's onset.

"He could keep an eye on her at Publix," Davis says. "He didn't want her to work, and she did. And he was mad about it. And he always tried to get what he wanted and he did, because he wanted the van life and he rushed to that so that she wasn't going to be able to work anymore."
Gabby Petito's Best Friend Says Brian Laundrie Had 'Jealousy Issues': 'Toxic Relationship'
[BBM]
Wasn't the trip started in July 2021? The pandemic onset was early 2020. If they quit Publix before the pandemic onset, that's a year and a half; not a rush.

WFLA reporting the white van is similar to one used for flying the LE drone in the past. I myself wondered if it was ME.
It doesn’t look like there would be room for a body to be put in the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74