Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well she didn't just sit in the room that entire time. She was seen at the cafe nearby, so it's plausible she went around the area, maybe shopping and seeing a few sights.
I just got back to the thread so I’m trying to catch up. But wasn’t she working on the video? I feel like I remember that the video was posted sometime during that time or right after?

Yes true- I guess he was supposed to be out there today, but delayed to tomorrow. They want to know where BL hung out in that preserve. Also new: both parents already looked for him the 13th & 14th for HOURS. What else don’t we know?!
Lawyer: Brian Laundrie's father expected to join search for son
Why were they looking for him if he told them he was out hiking? Also what were they driving because the red truck was in the driveway from at least 4pm on. Always the shenanigans with these folks.

The body cam videos are really, really hard to watch. The way BL manipulates each question and answer is very apparent to me. He is ever willing and vigilant to tell LE whatever 'truth' he thinks will present him in the best light. Even if it means contradicting himself which he did many times in the videos. Like a shapeshifter.
I don't think I can watch them anymore.

Brian Laundrie's father is expected to join police in Florida in the coming days on a search of a vast wildlife reserve for the 23-year-old "person of interest" in the homicide of his former fiancee Gabrielle Petito, the Laundrie family attorney said Wednesday.

Lawyer Steven Bertolino said a North Port police detective asked for the assistance of Christopher Laundrie as they continue to search the Carlton Reserve where Brian Laundrie was said to have gone hiking Sept. 13. His parents reported him missing four days later.

"The North Port police informed me that they were focusing on certain areas of the preserve today and they were actually hoping that Mr. Laundrie could join them on that search," Bertolino said in a phone interview Wednesday. "Mr. Laundrie has consented and we are waiting for the call from the North Port Police Department to make that happen."
Thank you for posting this.

So North Port police requested this…not the FBI who I thought was taking charge of this search?

But I thought LE requested it? Or do you think the lawyer is lying? Seems like it would be a stupid lie as it's so easy to refute.

I couldn't access the article so please excuse my ignorance if I misinterpreted what is happening.

You're right. The article appeared for me briefly before a paywall appeared.

Allegedly, a detective did ask for his assistance. This strikes me as incredibly unusual.

This area they are searching is the Mykahatchee Creek Environmental Park where LE actually found the Mustang. This park has been closed to the public since Sept. 23. I looked this park up and here's a list of the amenities from their website:
AMENITIES:
  1. Bike Trail
  2. Birding
  3. Dog Friendly
  4. Equestrian Trails
  5. Fishing
  6. Green Space
  7. Nature Preserve
  8. Outdoor Grill
  9. Parking Lot
  10. Pavilion Without Electricity
  11. Picnic Tables
  12. Primitive Camp
  13. Restrooms
  14. Walking Trails (Unpaved)
This seems a much more logical place for BL to hide initially than the gator infested Carlton Reserve.

Hope they put some cameras in/near the restrooms.

Brian Laundrie's survival skills are 'mediocre,' sister Cassie says

Florida fugitive Brian Laundrie, the fiancé of slain van life blogger Gabby Petito, has arguably become the most wanted man in America after slipping into hiding following reports of her disappearance on Sept. 11.

But the so-called outdoorsman is only "a mediocre survivalist," according to his sister, Cassie Laundrie, who urged him to surrender to authorities in an interview with ABC News this week.

"I'd say Brian's a mediocre survivalist," she told the outlet. "It wouldn't surprise me if he could last out there a very long time. But also, I don't think anything would surprise me at this point."

The comments contradict statements from Petito's friends, who say they believe Laundrie could do well living off the land.

"I know he lived in the Appalachians for what I believe was three months, and he did it by himself, so I know he’s skilled at it," Rose Davis told the Daily Mail earlier in the saga.

Still, experts have raised questions about how long Laundrie could survive outdoors, with life as a wanted man more difficult than outdoor hobbyist.

I think the Laundries knew it was rocky. Unless RD is lying, Gabby occasionally left for her house for a night or two, when they were fighting. No matter how many engagements a couple announces, parents who live with said couple know a *lot* about their relationship. The picture we saw yesterday:

Sleuths think Gabby Petito may be holding GUN in photo as cops hunt fiancé

shows a single bed. Did Gabby have her own room? Or...actually no room at all? Since she had lived with them for 2 years, was this last move (not too long before the Van Life started - and they left from NY)...was this move an attempt to push Gabby out? It's not easy to evict someone, whether they pay rent or not, from their residence, even if their legal residence is somewhere else. Maybe the Laundries were tired of this "engaged couple" living with them? It sure looks like a room occupied by a lone male (as does his other earlier room shown so extensively on Insta, which he apparently occupied until rather recently - I'd have to check the dates).

Anyway, the Laundries had been in this place maybe 3 months, and I see no feminine touches or a comfortable place in Brian's room for Gabby.

That's a big red flag that the parents may not have wanted the couple living indefinitely in their house. Like all couples, surely they had their problems and fought sometimes, but as a parent of adult children, I simply did not want that couple living in my own house. They needed to grow up and go see if they could work it out together (not on the road, though!)

But it looks like the parents provided Brian with a cozy little room. If my theory is true, then Brian's desire to live the Van Life is connected to wanting to be with Gabby in face of his parents saying, "Look, we want a retirement lifestyle, we want our house to ourselves, you can stay if you pay some rent, but Gabby needs to find her own place." Gabby takes the money she's saved up for a potential apartment and invests it in Brian's idea of Van Life.

But I think the Laundries may have known about the issues (just like the high school friends did), and may not have liked Gabby that well. Parents have this habit of blaming their kids' partner instead of their kid. Here on this WS thread, there have been several posters writing about how much they secretly despise their kid's partner, and are relieved/delighted when there's a break up (or even a demise). I doubt that the Laundries absolutely hated Gabby, but perhaps they felt she was drawing Brian out of his comfort zone. They knew, in a way. that she did not, that he could be very difficult and they thought he was best off not having a serious relationship...maybe

So Brian goes home to FL, but then realizes he wants "his" van back. He thinks of it as his regardless of the registration and people here have also said, well he has "sweat equity" in it; they were engaged, it's obvious it was "community property," etc. So he flies to get it, Gabby pleads with him to at least try again, until Yellowstone, she'll be good, won't be so "OCD" and off they go, patching things up as they have done so many times before. I don't think Brian was capable of breaking up with her (for many reasons), but I don't think Gabby was capable of managing him on the road, the way his parents would have tried to do. And Gabby didn't want to break up.

The photo of Brian's bedroom was taken in 2017 or 2018 years BEFORE he got together with Gabby. Remember they have only been together 2 years. They were engaged in 2020 and called it off and still dating in 2021.

This is all interesting as I’m reminded of the Jayme Closs story. The entire town, friends and family and people from hours away came in droves to help with organized searches to try to find her. For days. There has been no request here to do anything remotely on that scale, let alone a minor scale. What could that mean? They haven’t said he could be armed and dangerous, or that he could be deceased. Yet they continue to search that area. But they’ve not organized a search requesting locals to help. Is this typical in cases where they think someone may be deceased?
I believe it is because the warrant lists him as something of a danger, his behavior may be a public risk, and it would add total chaos to this already confusing case. JMO>

Had trouble accessing this article but sounds interesting. Says BL's dad will join search for him. Anyone else heard this? Did I just miss it earlier? Threads move fast...

Lawyer: Brian Laundrie's father expected to join search for son

Newsday | Long Island's & NYC's News Source
If anyone is stuck behind a paywall, here is the text of the article:

Brian Laundrie's father has agreed to join police in Florida in the coming days on a search of a vast wildlife reserve for his son, the 23-year-old "person of interest" in the homicide of former fiancee Gabrielle Petito, the Laundrie family attorney said Wednesday.

Lawyer Steven Bertolino said a North Port police detective asked for the assistance of Christopher Laundrie as they continue to search the Carlton Reserve where Brian Laundrie was said to have gone hiking Sept. 13. His parents reported him missing four days later.

"The North Port police informed me that they were focusing on certain areas of the preserve today and they were actually hoping that Mr. Laundrie could join them on that search," Bertolino said in a phone interview Wednesday. "Mr. Laundrie has consented and we are waiting for the call from the North Port Police Department to make that happen."

Bertolino said the detective on the case initially wanted Christopher Laundrie to help in the search Wednesday, but police wanted to focus on a specific area of the reserve and thought it "would be better if Chris wasn’t there."

<modsnip- snipped to comply with 10% copyright rules>

By Nicole Fullernicole.fuller@newsday.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m guessing BL’s father is seeing the handwriting on the wall after his own daughter spoke quite unfavorably about her parents and also asked BL to turn himself in. This is no doubt the unraveling of this family and their secrets. JMHO

I am waiting till their lawyer steps in front of a mike. I dont even know what he looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awb1903