Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure abusers can be charming, but I'm pretty sure they have adrenaline just like everybody else and a "fight" reaction. It takes some amount of time to get that under control. I didn't see any anger or fight when he came out of that van, but he was agitated and rather incoherent. Not charming.

You have to remember survival instinct kicks in. If an individual is hypothetically an abuser….knows what they are doing is wrong. They just don’t care. It’s get that phony charming mask on and quick or end up in jail on a domestic violence charge. I don’t know the laws out there but I do know in Cali if a domestic violence 911 call goes out…..someone always goes to jail(very strict laws there). If not both parties(depending on the situation). Also if he truly is an abuser. I suspect this isn’t the first time there has been a knock out-drag out and he has to put that charming mask on in 2.5 secs flat to prevent others from getting involved/or LE. Abusers have an amazing ability to do whatever it takes in no time to continue the behavior.

Last edited:
the problem remains that the last texts from her phone to her mom were asserted (by her mom) to not have been her-
Having a hard time getting up to speed on this case because the threads are moving so fast.

I had read that GP’s Mom had said she was unsure if the last texts she received were actually from Gabby, because she didn’t literally speak with her. Does she now say that she definitely feels they were not from her daughter? Thanks.

First time chiming in here on this case -

No doubt there would be friction among the occupants of a "seemingly too small to live in" van on a cross country voyage. No doubt that could develop into a "mental breakdown" or whatever we choose to call having a fit, tantrum, meltdown, argument, or lapse in judgement these days. So things weren't perfect. At the end of the day, my money is on BL. Last to be seen with her, not cooperating, timeline toward the end...these are all too much to ignore. Guy loves girl, guy lives with girl, guy proposes to girl and they intend to marry, guy takes girl on long trip, guy comes home like everything is ok...no girl. To me what we see as a delay by BL to come forward is probably a delay so that adequate time can be spent planning either an alibi or the prior stages of a plea bargain. Does he wait until she's found until he makes his move or does he go ahead and divulge the location now and use it to negotiate. Either way he knows everything and you can take that to the bank. If she had covid, suicide, attacked by a bear, left of her own free will...whatever...he would come clean. What's the one thing that would make a person not talk? Guilt.

Your last line gave me pause...and a thought. I wonder where he learned this from? It made me curious about his home life and if he learned that someone at home controlled the bigger narrative. So when things went really awry, he didn't know how to act, panicked and turned to them (aka ran home)for his next move. From there it was dictated in how things would go. All just theory based on curiosity.
I know myself from living in a home where there was abuse, you hid everything out of shame and embarrassment. Your choice would be to repeat the cycle or do all you can to be the opposite. Also reminds me of the sister and her similarities to the Powell case.
Lets hope today is the day for progress for Gabby
In my home, where there was abuse, we kids hid everything out of our mama’s shame and embarrassment. That’s how we were guided. She blamed herself for the domestic violence or why else would she have stayed with a man who would beat her in front of her children? No one would understand. She didn’t even understand.

SBM

Can you link to where it says he got a lawyer immediately upon returning Sep 1?

I remember seeing article that said “A lawyer for Gabby’s family said Brian "already had an attorney" when police arrived at his home following her disappearance.”

LINK: Fiancé of missing woman shared chilling post before she vanished on trip

I did not take that to mean he had a lawyer on Sep 1, but possible could’ve gotten one on Sep 10, after her mother reached out to BL and his mom.

Check out @oviedo's timeline I quoted below for 9/1. I know there is a link somewhere but I am working right now and will have to look for it later

MAR 17
: IG Post- 1 yr anniversary
JUL 2: GP announced her engagement to BL

JUL 2
: Van Life Road Trip Began for Gabby Petito and BL - GP is the owner of the van
JUL 5: The couple stopped at Kansas' Monument Rocks
JUL 8: Their next stop was Colorado Springs
JUL 10: Petito updated her Instagram with photos of her walking at Grand Sand Dunes National Park
JUL 16: Petito’s smiling in a photo from the couple’s next stop at Zion National Park
JUL 20: Petito informed her Instagram followers that they were at Cedar Breaks
JUL 21: The next stop was Bryce Canyon National Park
JUL 26: Petito posted a photo relaxing in hot tub at Mystic Hot Springs
JUL 30: The couple stopped at Canyonlands National Park Mesa Arch
==================================
AUG 10
: JF met Gabby and BL near Moab, Utah where they chatted about 40 min. JF and his gf then set off on a hike to the Delicate Arch. When they got back to the parking lot, Gabby and Laundrie were gone.
AUG 12: The couple was at the organic store (Moonflower) from 9am to 3pm according to the police video - they were going to get water and showers - police report incident is at 4pm and the video is over an hour long of this incident. BL is taken to a hotel -Where does Gabby go for the night?

AUG 12
: The couple took a hike at Arches National Park - Knowing what we know now about the police incident - was there really a hike on the 12th? if so, when?
AUG 12 Moab, UT PD police incident report - no criminal charges,respond to an incident involving BL and Gabrielle Petito
AUG 12 Arches National Park - reservation only campsite (per PE) - Is this where Gabby stayed in her van/tent?

AUG 13
: BF posted an Instagram photo from their next destination in Moab
=============================
AUG 17: BL returns to Florida via airplane to move their things out of storage returns Aug 23

AUG 19: YouTube travel video posted
AUG 21: Gabbys dad orders Uber eats
AUG 21: Gabby told her Dad on FaceTime that they had lost power during a stop in Salt Lake City.
AUG 23: BL returns from Florida trip via airplane (Where was the van parked?)
AUG 24: The couple were seen checking out of a hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah
AUG 25: Petito’s family spoke to her for the last time over the phone and she said she was in Grand Teton National Park
Last phone call between Gabby & her mom, Nicole Schmidt. Last Instagram post from Monarch Wall in Ogden, Utah.
AUG 25 - Couple spots van at 5pm at Jenny Lake - alerts LE
AUG 27
- Gabby's uncle posts there was a snapchat Gabby sent a friend -heading to Yellowstone (in Dailymail article)
AUG 27 & 30: text messages from Gabby’s phone sent to mom
After August 30th, Gabby’s parents weren’t able to get in contact with Gabby or her fiance. Her fiance’s mother also was not responding to any phone calls.”
AUG 30: Text from Gabby to Mom - No service in Yosemite
August 31: A new list titled “Self-Consumption” appeared on the couple’s Spotify
SEP 1: BL returns home to FL alone, retains an attorney & is uncooperative with the investigation
SEP 10:: Gabby’s mother texted Brian and his mother, Roberta, trying to get in touch with Gabby, but neither replied The family alerted the National Park Service.
SEP 11: Gabby’s family report her missing 7 PM
Sep 11: Van seized at the home of BL parents in NorthPort FL - FBI
Sep 14: BL family lawyer issues statement
Sept 15: NorthPort police names BL as Person of Interest
Sept 15: Gabby's family issues another statement
Sep 15- Northport police chief asks BL lawyer to assist in finding Gabby
Sep 17 - FBI takes over search in WY (GTNP =Grand Teton National Park)

Note:
September 1: POI BL is in Florida (we don't yet know when he left with her van to drive home to his parents house where he remains)

4 songs were added to the playlist "Mtn tops," on an account Gabby Petito appears to share with her boyfriend Brian Laundrie: Many of the songs, collected on an account she appeared to share with her fiancé, Brian Laundrie, focus on love and heartache.
"Your woman is your angel, is your left side, is your whole life; easily the most beautiful thing in the world," one song, Matt Berry’s "Woman," begins. "She'll soothe you; she'll accuse you; she'll confuse you; she'll lose you but always be the best friend you have in the world."

Another song, "Take My Hand," is about picking up a stranger at a bar. "The Badger’s Wake" is about a badger decomposing underground.

Mother of missing Gabby Petito says boyfriend and his family IGNORED her desperate texts | Daily Mail Online

Missing woman's haunting songs on Spotify account may provide answers

WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE No discussion*

Forgive me if I'm being pedantic, but who is the "they" referenced here? she's alone at the time, right? I suppose "they" could be everyone in the hotel or whatever...

AUG 21: Gabby told her Dad on FaceTime that they had lost power during a stop in Salt Lake City.
Does it appear that Gabby was omitting details about the relationship struggles in communications with her parents? I wonder how everyone felt about the engagement and calling it off. Most parents have an opinion about their children’s partners. Was Gabby always a free spirit that went her own way, without family influence? Did she have a direction on her own, or was her adult life always intertwined with what BL’s plans were?

Just thinking out loud here, if it is true they were in Grand Teton, around the end of August, hundreds of people could have seen them. I can only hope more people will come forward and contact the FBI and report whatever they might have seen. Grand Teton is going to difficult to search.
IMO

Thanks to a tipster who gave a concrete description of #GabbyPetito's van, authorities have narrowed down their search efforts to the Jenny Lake area in Grand Teton National Park.@MorganWolfeKSL has details this morning on@KSL5TV

https://twitter.com/KSL5TV/status/1438836808838569986

I shared the story on Facebook and when I was doing it I got an alert that there had been a over 1000 posts tagged with #GabbyPetito. No doubt way higher.

It’s a distinctive little vehicle and I bet lots of people noticed it and will remember. I don’t use social media too much and my profiles are locked down, so I made the post public to hopefully add to the thousands who are trying to make people aware. It was a long trip from Wyoming to Florida — more people must have seen the camper.

Even if BL did work on the camper, it doesn’t belong to him. If they can show that he was involved in her disappearance, and I’m not sure what they would need short of a body with evidence, he should be arrested for vehicle theft to keep him in jail or at least close to home.

The best evidence for now might be what they find inside the camper, but I’ll bet they had it detailed as soon as he got home, or even on the way back. He is such a callous individual.

jmo

Tipster talks about spotting Gabby Petito's van in Grand Teton National Park

The trip to FL was in a handwritten timeline by Gabby's uncle and published in the daily mail - it's in the media thread
WY - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #6

I believe that the trip taken by BL from out west to FL in August (Prior to her going missing) was told by Gabby to one of her parents in a phone call else how would this information come about? We know BL isn't talking and his parents have ignored all attempts at contact by her family - also noted in the media thread.
Could LE have told the family about the BL flight back to FL? MOO

Oh yes! Granted there have been many cases of that but specifically the 2005 case that made national news…..that happened in my hometown(small world). I was in high school at the time but I remember it well. The boyfriend/groom owned a local MD practice and it took years for him to retain the reputation of his name back.

Anyways I don’t think that’s whats going on with this case….Gabby being a runway bride…..BUT anything is possible.

Yes, the one i'm referring to. Every one was ready to hang him from the nearest noose before any actual facts came out. And that took her coming home. One can only hope that with reports of mental instability this might be.

EDIT.. he also lawyerd up very early and it made others suspicious.

Last edited:
What was the purpose of BL going home to Florida for several days before flying back?

I saw a snippet that it was thought he moved he and GP’s belongings out of his parents home and put them in storage (while GP was staying in a hotel in Utah). Has this been confirmed?

Thinking the timing of this trip after the murders of the 2 women, is odd. Not saying they had any specific involvement but just seems off, IMO.

You're missing the point, that was the statement of the witness that made the 911 call prior
to the police report. The cops weren't witness to that part of the interaction.
No. That's a reporter's comment about what happened. There is no direct quote from the witness.

If BL had left her abandoned and taken off, it does not make any sense why he would not be assisting the Police. If he had done nothing wrong, he would surely have had no problem in speaking to them. The silence speaks volumes.
The text saying no service at Yosemite - if someone was typing that text and doing it in a hurry/anxious and they pressed the wrong letters, could predictive text played a part? The couple who were murdered, were they camping? Did Gabby say to the Policeman that they had been camping? Is there a chance that he/they could be connected to the murder?

I even tried on my phone to see what happens if I misspell yellowstone and could I get yosemite.
I didn't work for me.
Could someone who typed Yosemite a lot into their phone previously...could it show up as a predictive text?

Perhaps someone can shed light on this:
I heard it mentioned that if sending an SMS message, it will continue to try and send without a signal. If the last text from her phone was sent say on 8/28 from a dead zone, could it wind up sending on 8/30? Would phone records show the day the text was initiated as opposed to the date it actually went through? Meaning if BL sent the message from her phone purposely in a dead zone before he left for Florida, could he have been halfway home before the text message actually sent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500