Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was assuming she talked to Rose; or, at least, the last person she had talked to in her call history.

I think at this point we almost have to decide/accept that the very last thing on Gabby's mind was ratting out Brian to her family on any abusive tendencies; thus they'd probably be the last people she called.

I don't think she called Rose. Rose was bothered GP didn't call her after that incident. And said when she last spoke to GP it was "early August" and they talked about getting together for Rose's birthday at Yellowstone.

Brian Laundrie was controlling, had 'episodes': Gabby Petito pal

I thought she called her mother but from what NP said it doesn't sound like she did.

JMO

Happy Monday, folks! :p

I was wondering what people's thoughts are on the likelihood of the Laundries being in communication with BL?

It's feasible to think that they may have helped him flee to wherever it is that he's gone, but is it at all possible that they can have been communicating with him all this time?

Personally, I just can't see how! There's no 'base' that I can think of that LE won't have covered in terms of shadowing them, monitoring electronic communication and/or having the house bugged.

Is there a way I'm missing that they could still somehow be communicating with BL, or getting messages to and from him despite being under intense scrutiny right under the nose of the Feds!?

MOO

Indeed. Good call!

If the Laundries were communicating with SB via email or telephone from their home, could LE monitor that?

I assume that there is some kind of law or legislation in place that would allow a conversation with a lawyer to be private and confidential?

If so, maybe they're taking advantage of that?

Additionally, could there ever be a scenario whereby LE monitor SB's communication, or again, would he be protected with him being a lawyer under client/lawyer confidentiality?

Apologies if these are stupid questions, I don't know how the law would work in a scenario like this.

MOO
I think the legal bar is very high in regards to probable cause to allow LE to monitor communications of the parents and SB. And SB and his clients' communications are certainly protected by attorney client privilege. Maybe any lawyers here could expound on this situation...

Apparently, many think that BL acquired a burner phone and is in touch with his parents.

I disagree with that. I don't think they are in touch at all, and I am about 80/20 of the opinion that BL doesn't have a phone at all. If he's alive, he's staying off the grid.

Also, while I am not a big fan of the Laundries by any stretch, I don't have any reason to believe that they have done anything illegal. I think they may have given him some money and/or some food, maybe even a ride out of town or wherever. (Remember, he went into hiding before any charges were filed.) I honestly don't think they know where he is. I'm probably of the minority opinion here, but I am OK with that. JMHO

If they are using burner phones to communicate then would they be able to go completely undetected by LE so far as if the Laundrie house has had listening devices installed in it?

Surely the Laundries would have to assume that every word they speak is being listened to??

Maybe they're communicating via text message on the burner phones?

Or maybe I just watch too many movies haha

MOO

Does anyone know what has happened to GP’s van? If it’s already been processed for evidence do they release it or do they keep it for a potential trial? Could this mean there is evidence in the van, if they’re keeping hold of it? If no crime was committed in it would they need to keep it? Just some questions I have tonight. JMO

He might have called on the 31th, and said "I am coming home, something terrible happened"...so then his parents rescheduled the de soto trip to include him. Maybe they thought they would have more privacy there, and if a crime was involved it would be a last family get together, saying good to sister, etc. They might have just told CL that Brian and Gabby broke up again with no details.

I think they were setting up or trying to set up camp on the other side of the creek while fighting and he killed her. Packed up all the stuff they had at the temporary camp and took off cross country in a panic. Then when he could manage rational thought he came up with a plan. He dumped her stuff along the way, maybe tossed some of it into the lake or the river. And then hitched a ride back to the van, working on his story all the way. He called on the way home to tell his parents they had broken up so he wouldn't have to give that explanation while they looked him in the eyes. After that, everyone in his family knew that they were on again and off again even with short break ups while they were "together". So its not a big glaring clue that GP isn't with him. Its just more of the same. I think when he got back to the van and cops weren't everywhere he might have thought that her body might not ever be found and he was just going to go on like nothing happened until/if her body was found.

Last edited:
If they are using burner phones to communicate then would they be able to go completely undetected by LE so far as if the Laundrie house has had listening devices installed in it?

Surely the Laundries would have to assume that every word they speak is being listened to??

MOO
LE has devices to monitor burner phone use at a location...

MOO

I personally doubt they are in communication, but if they are I would bet it is through the attorney MOO

Parents -> SB -> BL would be a path of communication that could be legally protected, however unlikely that seems.

I've wondered about that too! Mainly about how B.L.'s parents can get money to him without getting it traced.

Here's an idea..it probably has holes in it, but what are the holes? That day that mom went to Orlando..she was browsing around the library. She made sure that a family friend was there ? Left an envelope between 2 books.. Family friend picked up envelope, and mailed it. Some predetermined fake name, sent to General Delivery in Murphy, North Carolina. B.L. picked up the envelope, or had someone else pick it up? Maybe $1500 in cash in there.

How could L.E. track this? Just guessing.:)

@bestill I couldn’t bring over this - BBM - is the Sept 10 or October 9? I believe it's Sept 10 but wanted clarification. Thanks for putting this together! - from the other thread!! But you are correct it was supposed to 09/10 but I’m British and it really is awkward for me to write it like that. So yes, Sept 10th.

That might fit. And maybe Brian's parents called him back to Florida to clean out a locker??? They knew it was not going well.

Firstly, thanks to you and the others who all pointed out to me that Rose has more or less "X-ed" herself out of contention with regards to being Gabby's phone call.

Maybe the FBI have also requested that Nicole S. not talk about the call she had with Gabby. She'd need a lot more tact than I possess to keep from throwing it at the Laundries; but it's possible, no?

Conversely if Gabby called Roberta Laundrie that would make sense to me.

Lastly, we're also assuming that the police officers hovered around Gabby as she made this phone call, instead of tactfully standing offsides. For all we know, Gabby called the automatic Greenwich Mean Time number or similar and pretended to talk to someone.

Snipped for focus
Prepaid card in a PBJ sandwich?
Messages in a gum wrapper?
Given that a nondescript couple were arrested for spying this week and trying to sell nuclear submarine secrets to a foreign power, I can see anything is possible. The fact that the nondescript couple didn't realize their foreign "handler" was an FBI agent, is a side issue. But yep, PB sandwich and gum wrapper. You can't make this stuff up.
Their arrogance is mindblowing. Fascinating profile, but that's off topic.
Here's an article: Navy nuclear engineer and wife arrested for trying to sell submarine secrets to foreign power
So, yes, cloak and dagger can be done.... theoretically..... no telling if your handler is an FBI agent lol.

Haha. Well, as unassuming as the Laundrie's look, they certainly seem to have the FBI and LE by the 'proverbials' right now, that's for sure.

How long it will last is another matter completely..

MOO

Storming the room of Severin Beckwith says a few things to me. They aren't sure if Brian is alive or dead, nor do they really know where he could be in general.

I don't think they are closing in on BL anytime soon.
Storming the room is an indication to me that BL is considered to be dangerous and may be armed.

The FBI has been asking for tips since this case began. The Bethune van video was a tip that proved essential. The US Marshals were again responding to a tip they found credible. Why would they respond to tips if they knew BL was dead?

I do think at least a portion of the protesters at the L house are doing it for their own publicity. The loudest and most vocal of the ‘regulars’ is building a YouTube channel, using mostly videos of her taken at the scene. LE has warned her and others to stay away from the house (because they were walking up to the door) and to stop using bullhorns.

North Port police pay visit to protestors outside Brian Laundrie's parents' house | Daily Mail Online

I’m certainly glad that I’m not a neighbor who is forced to listen to them.

jmo

definitely - that and filing the lawsuit. I'm sure there are a few trying to find their way on Fox as we speak. It's all become very disgusting - but was predictable the minute Dog showed up.

I think the legal bar is very high in regards to probable cause to allow LE to monitor communications of the parents and SB. And SB and his clients' communications are certainly protected by attorney client privilege. Maybe any lawyers here could expound on this situation...

Yes I'd be interested to know too, if any lawyers want to impart their knowledge.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa