Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #79

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is everyone convinced the hitchhiker stories are true? I mean, I'm not sure the tik-tok story re: the water bottle and bones at the reserve are true. A lot of theories floating around are predicated on the hitchhiker stories being accurate, but at the time they came out, there was a ton of media about the case already. Shoot - the Appalachian Trail guy was 100% it was BL who he ran into as well - but that seems super unlikely at this point. I really, really hate to think about how many people may be using this for their 15 seconds of attention or just wrong about who they came into contact with. My guess - the FBI likely has 95% of the circumstances around the case figured out and we, the public, may honestly never know and continue to speculate.

My theory on the Appalachia trail man who was 99.9% sure he talked to BL is that the BL look-alike in question knew he looked a lot like BL and thought he would have some fun messing with a stranger. Then he probably heard about how great it worked in the news over the next two weeks and laughed his butt off. I never thought that was BL unless BL had lost his mind completely. How to get to California from NC? No, that is some guy jerking your chain.
JMO

This makes alot of sense to me. Do you have any thoughts about the "Stan" text on the 27th or her phone being turned off that day?

I'm not the OP, but I agree with this theory and here are my thoughts on the Stan text. It doesn't make any sense to me that it would have been sent during or after the murder. I don't see why a killer would take the time to reply. It's not as if Stan were nearby and could possibly come interupt things if he wasn't helped on the phone. And it appears BL got rid of her phone anyway so I just don't see him replying to that in the aftermath of a murder.

I think Stan was calling or texting repeatedly and it was either annoying them, or due to cell service issues they couldn't answer, hence the text. GP could have just asked BL to send it, it seems they may have shared the phone at times.

MOO

Maybe JT is being completely honest, the officer on duty thought Roberta was Brian, as crazy as that sounds it might be 100% honesty.
Maybe, but I only seen RL wear Capri pants and long very loose tops.

I think JT should of must said....bad lighting/camera angle but never ever, they thought RL was BL. To much information. JTs job is to minimize damage and there are skills. 102 PR - NEVER tell why.
Moo...

Some of the comments to BE's tweet are hilarious!
jmho
Some are hilarious and some are things NPPD might want to check out. Like this one:
"HOW did LE not notice that Chris AND Roberta BOTH got in and left in the red truck(to go pick up the car), then ONE returns in the truck and one returns in the car????"

This makes alot of sense to me. Do you have any thoughts about the "Stan" text on the 27th or her phone being turned off that day?
My speculation is that BL had some amount of control over GP's phone. In Moab, he specifically mentions it a few times when relating their argument, and then when they're being split up:

Officer 2: (41:49)
She’d like her phone. If you know-

Brian Laundrie: (41:49)
Yeah.

Officer 2: (42:00)
… happen to know where it is?

Brian Laundrie: (42:00)
Yeah. Yeah, I’ll go-

Officer 2: (42:03)
[inaudible 00:42:03] where is it?

Officer 2: (42:05)
Yeah. Go ahead and tell me, if you don’t mind [inaudible 00:42:05].

Brian Laundrie: (42:05)
I can grab it, just because it’s like… it’s in a spot.
It's a weird part of the conversation, bc why wouldn't GP just go get it herself or tell the officer where to get it rather than having to ask BL?

Specifically to your question of the "Stan" texts:

The area of the Grand Tetons doesn't have great cell signal, and I know sometimes when we travel through there, we turn our phones off to save battery power so they aren't roaming.

My speculation is that BL had GP's phone (maybe he'd convinced her she was "addicted" to it and was trying to help her experience life more fully by not being on it all the time?). When they got somewhere with signal and he turned it on, it got a bunch of notifications from her grandfather (or possibly notifications meant for her grandfather, if he'd been using that number at some point or having voicemails forwarded to that number for some reason). He texted GP's mom asking her to deal with it and then turned the phone off again. He'd maybe even answered GP's messages before and thought nothing of it. The only thing that tipped GP's mom off that it wasn't actually GP sending the message was the name "Stan" rather than whatever GP called her grandfather. But obviously, the rest of the message made sense to her, because it didn't cause her alarm at that point -- it seemed like it was only after the fact, when GP went missing, that her mom remembered the weird name slip and it made her question who'd actually sent the message.

MOO.

And Gabby's family. They must have been beyond rage that LE would not talk to BL if they had him in sight.
Oh yeah!
NPPD has already expressed remorse for letting BL get away.
Well I guess so if they did in fact watch him leave!
Every statement NPPD and JT put out about BL's location and who knew what when now needs to be examined with new eyes.
UGH!

Gabby's family must be beside themselves over this!
jmho

Is everyone convinced the hitchhiker stories are true? I mean, I'm not sure the tik-tok story re: the water bottle and bones at the reserve are true. A lot of theories floating around are predicated on the hitchhiker stories being accurate, but at the time they came out, there was a ton of media about the case already. Shoot - the Appalachian Trail guy was 100% it was BL who he ran into as well - but that seems super unlikely at this point. I really, really hate to think about how many people may be using this for their 15 seconds of attention or just wrong about who they came into contact with. My guess - the FBI likely has 95% of the circumstances around the case figured out and we, the public, may honestly never know and continue to speculate.

BL has lookalikes everywhere. I see him every night reporting the news here in Australia. I don't think people were having their 5 minutes of fame. Just that BL generally speaking looked like so many people. People report in order to assist.

I believe the hitchhiking stories, personally.
Remember that they came out before she was found.

I know there's a lot of people who believe GP died on Aug 27, but now that we know cause of death was strangulation, the idea that BL hiked up to Colter Bay with a tarp to "clean up" just doesn't seem to fit logically anymore. What would BL (a guy who admitted to LE that he regularly tracked dirt into the van) have been so intent upon "cleaning up" if there wasn't blood or gunpowder residue involved? And why--if he just freaked out and took off on foot--would he bring the tarp along? And why hang around the area (with the van just yards from GP's body) for two more days? I know folks on here have said that they think the hitchhiking stories were to establish alibis, but if anything, those stories helped narrow down exactly where the van--and GP's remains--were located. He also didn't bother to try to establish any alibis during the trip back or once he arrived in FL, so his reversal from chatty guy who talks about his gf to going completely silent obviously came sometime after being dropped off in Spread Creek on the 29th.

I still think the date that makes more sense is Aug 29 -- that after he gets back from hiking/hitchhiking that GP confronts him about deserting her (possibly without a phone or keys) for the day when she was supposed to be meeting up with a friend. He kills her, he freaks out, shoves everything in the van, and doesn't stop driving until he gets home.

MOO

To me, the hitchhiking chatty guy IS the alibi. The reason he talked about his girlfriend, in the present tense no less, is because he was playing the role of the nice boyfriend totally oblivious that some marauder has murdered his girlfriend while he was hiking for two days. If he had been silent about her with the people who picked him up, he would seem suspect later down the road. MOO, of course, but I still think he murdered her on the 27th as a result of continued escalation and particular enragement over Gabby going back inside Merry Piglets and apologizing for his behavior, the ultimate personal betrayal (in his mind). I don't know about the cleaning up, though I suspect Gabby fought her attacker and left some injuries to his hands and arms. Let's not forget that he acted weird when the second person giving him a lift back to SC suggested driving him to his vehicle instead of dropping him off at the gate, which he insisted. Without more evidence, I still think he was hoping she would be discovered while he was gone. When that didn't happen, he stole her van, headed home, and then became completely silent.

However, with more evidence, I might find your theory plausible as well. I just hope we get the information we need to really learn more about what went down. MOO

What I don't get is that if NPPD is now saying that they thought Brian was home because they thought they saw him come home on the 15th then are they now admitting they knew he left on the 13th? Hasn't NPPD sworn up and down that they didn't know about this? So now they suddenly come out with some completely contradictory explanation of why they thought he was at home? Just shocking. They have said all along that they didn't know he left but now they are saying they thought they saw him come home. That just doesn't add up.

I believe Brian killed Gabby on the 27th. The key reason for this is that there are several witnesses who saw Brian and Brian only at the van from the 27th to the 29th. If Gabby was alive somebody would have seen her. Also, the 27th was the day of big arguments after lunch at a restaurant. So we know Brian was already worked up on that day.

Roberta and Brian in baseball caps ... Twins?

upload_2021-10-25_20-11-49-png.318889

NINTCHDBPICT000688051435-18.jpg

chris-and-roberta-laundrie.jpg

brian-laundrie-sighting-florida-bike-dirt-road-video-surveillance-camera-1634655097449.jpg

Cops thought they saw Laundrie return home - but it was his MOM in hat
Brian Laundrie's Parents Leave Florida Home as They Won't Hold Funeral Service for Their Son
Caught On Surveillance Camera! Possible Brian Laundrie Sighting In Florida, Man Matching Fugitive's Description Struggles To Ride Old Bike Down Rural Back Road

Attachments

• upload_2021-10-25_20-11-49.png
    upload_2021-10-25_20-11-49.png
    780.9 KB · Views: 397
Last edited:
While this thread was being edited, I ran across a little info I did not know from 3 weeks back. It's hard to understand exactly what this means:

"FBI agents returned to Laundry’s house on Thursday, spending time in the house and in a camper laundromat, and his parents went on a trip a few days before he went missing."
Gabby Petito Update: The FBI brought home an item that was used to "help canines" in search of Brian Laundry. - Florida News Times

Not sure if the journalist meant to say the FBI searched the camper (which we all saw on TV) OR if the FBI went to Port DeSoto Campground and searched the laundry there. I'm 100% certain that tiny pickup bed camper does not contain any kind of laundry facility. At most it may have a sink or porta potty type toilet. This is a good example of why journalists need to check their work and make sure it says whatever they meant to say because as it is, it's very confusing.
I'm thinking autocorrect changed Laundrie to Laundromat.

Some are hilarious and some are things NPPD might want to check out. Like this one:
"HOW did LE not notice that Chris AND Roberta BOTH got in and left in the red truck(to go pick up the car), then ONE returns in the truck and one returns in the car????"

<modsnip>

I can't even imagine how they could assume that CL and BL came back when they new RL and CL left. What on earth did the NPPD think BL and CL did with RL????

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe Brian killed Gabby on the 27th. The key reason for this is that there are several witnesses who saw Brian and Brian only at the van from the 27th to the 29th. If Gabby was alive somebody would have seen her. Also, the 27th was the day of big arguments after lunch at a restaurant. So we know Brian was already worked up on that day.

^ THIS. I just find it implausible that Gabby was alone for two days and didn't post anything (to our knowledge), didn't text anyone (to our knowledge), didn't call anyone (to our knowledge), and wasn't seen by anyone (to our knowledge). It all just freezes on the 27th after that fateful eruption of anger by BL at Merry Piglets. MOO

My speculation is that BL had some amount of control over GP's phone. In Moab, he specifically mentions it a few times when relating their argument, and then when they're being split up:

Officer 2: (41:49)
She’d like her phone. If you know-

Brian Laundrie: (41:49)
Yeah.

Officer 2: (42:00)
… happen to know where it is?

Brian Laundrie: (42:00)
Yeah. Yeah, I’ll go-

Officer 2: (42:03)
[inaudible 00:42:03] where is it?

Officer 2: (42:05)
Yeah. Go ahead and tell me, if you don’t mind [inaudible 00:42:05].

Brian Laundrie: (42:05)
I can grab it, just because it’s like… it’s in a spot.
It's a weird part of the conversation, bc why wouldn't GP just go get it herself or tell the officer where to get it rather than having to ask BL?

Specifically to your question of the "Stan" texts:

The area of the Grand Tetons doesn't have great cell signal, and I know sometimes when we travel through there, we turn our phones off to save battery power so they aren't roaming.

My speculation is that BL had GP's phone (maybe he'd convinced her she was "addicted" to it and was trying to help her experience life more fully by not being on it all the time?). When they got somewhere with signal and he turned it on, it got a bunch of notifications from her grandfather (or possibly notifications meant for her grandfather, if he'd been using that number at some point or having voicemails forwarded to that number for some reason). He texted GP's mom asking her to deal with it and then turned the phone off again. He'd maybe even answered GP's messages before and thought nothing of it. The only thing that tipped GP's mom off that it wasn't actually GP sending the message was the name "Stan" rather than whatever GP called her grandfather. But obviously, the rest of the message made sense to her, because it didn't cause her alarm at that point -- it seemed like it was only after the fact, when GP went missing, that her mom remembered the weird name slip and it made her question who'd actually sent the message.

MOO.
That is the best explanation I've heard. Simple, straight forward and believable. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member