Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #79

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone help me understand what forensic value the water bottle might have? In what way does it help the Coroner figure out what happened to BL?
I think what is important is the fact that they would not know if it had forensic value without examining it. And this would go for anything else at all they might find.

As far as the water bottle might go, I would imaging they would want to examine contents and create a flow chart from there. What if it contained poison? Or a high concentration of medication? If yes, who put it in the bottle? Who injested it? And so on.

Or, as someone suggested already, if this was GPs , does it indicate GP was left with no water, if a later claim was made about her status when BL left her. I think it needs to be remembered, that the skull remains had not been identified as BL when the area was canvased.

Just that alone makes me think they would have bagged and tagged everything. This could have been a completely different investigation.

Thank you for finding those articles. They were interesting and you're right, there just aren't many statistics on this subject. One of the links did suggest something I feel is important. It said a murder-suicide is often limited to the deaths occurring within 1 week of each other. Longer than that and the suicide could be due to remorse. I would imagine that GP's family wants to know if BL was remorseful for killing their daughter (I think he was).

Well, there is some statistics. Not much, of course.

1) that in all cases, the perpetrator was a man. The victim could be a woman or a child.
2) that while methods of homicide differed, suicide almost always involved a gun (not surprising).

I think BL felt guilty and remorseful, and that he loved her. They were both so young, constrained in a very narrow space. One wonders what role the van itself had played. People have different perceptions of “individual space”, usually it is at least an arm’s length.

Maybe there was some dissociative fugue after BL killed her, and he really was in the state of “make believe”, telling others that she was in another state. Who knows? Incredibly sad story.

i understand that this is entirely possible, but i feel it would have been shortsighted to offer a "deal" that would not have required that BL actually be alive for it to be valid...moo

It seems many potential charges against the parents aren't possible since BL is dead. And other potential charges aren't possible since he wasn't convicted. So I'm not sure what you are suggesting. I don't think anyone is entertaining the idea the parents killed him, at least not seriously.
JMO

I have a stupid question and I can't find the answer.

How do we know that the water bottle was Gabby's and not Brian's? The back of the van was filled with both of their belonging, so it can't just be from that single pic. I'm sure I missed something. Thanks.
I don't think it would really matter ~ as long as it belonged to either of them. It's importance is that it might have been connected to Brian in some way and therefore to the crime scene. MOOing.

How could anyone look at bones while out at the reserve and determine a cause of death not to be homicide? I’m just curious. If there’s a gunshot wound, how could they determine if it was self-inflicted or inflicted by another person? Idk but I personally hope that all evidence in murder/death cases is collected and all evidence is weighed. I find it problematic that people are suggesting that LE “knew” what happened so they didn’t need to be thorough and collect the rest of the evidence that exists. That’s pretty bad optics for LE if that’s what happened. JMO.
The forensic anthropologist will analyze the bones to try to determine the cause and manner of death. And no, I don't think police would just look at the bones at the reserve to determine whether or not the death was a homicide.

If there is a gunshot wound, sometimes they can tell by the angle and location of the bullet whether it was self inflicted.

They may also be able to tell if any drugs were taken, if there is enough soft tissue for testing.

Every body has a story to tell and hopefully the forensic anthropologist will be meticulous in finding the cause of death.

Okay - so sentimental significance that cannot actually be shown or proved. Something inside BL's now dead mind...you can think it was meaningful to him and sentimental, or you can just say that he wanted a water bottle and it was there. Maybe they both used it all the time (that's what my SO and I do - we don't take two water bottles on every trip). Maybe BL bought the bottle in the first place and Gabby just used it and he didn't give a second thought to including it in his packing for that day. Maybe he was uncertain when he left his house whether he was going to follow through on suicide (most people aren't 100% certain until they pull the trigger - and those who decide to slash their wrists instead are definitely less certain).

It's meaningful to you because you would like there to be sentiment - but we simply cannot know the contents of Brian's mind. Even if Gabby used the bottle - how do we know it was actually hers and not shared or not purchased by Brian?
I will concede to that. It is my own sentimentality coming through.

I guess because I presume he went there to commit suicide, bringing his notebook with him, it makes me curious. If he had brought along some of GP's possessions, too, it all looks like a person in a mindset of reflection. But it really is likely me projecting.

Last edited:
I think what is important is the fact that they would not know if it had forensic value without examining it. And this would go for anything else at all they might find.

As far as the water bottle might go, I would imaging they would want to examine contents and create a flow chart from there. What if it contained poison? Or a high concentration of medication? If yes, who put it in the bottle? Who injested it? And so on.

Or, as someone suggested already, if this was GPs , does it indicate GP was left with no water, if a later claim was made about her status when BL left her. I think it needs to be remembered, that the skull remains had not been identified as BL when the area was canvased.

Just that alone makes me think they would have bagged and tagged everything. This could have been a completely different investigation.
Exactly. I also was on her tiktok and she stated she also found bones in the same area. Pls don’t delete my post I am going to see if I can find the Twitter post about it!
https://twitter.com/wflajb/status/1452386547085586439?s=21
-Twitter post from a reporter regarding the bones.

I don't think it would really matter ~ as long as it belonged to either of them. It's importance is that it might have been connected to Brian in some way and therefore to the crime scene. MOOing.

Thanks for the reply and I agree. :) Everyone is just so sure it's Gabby's bottle, so I thought that I missed something. It's easy to overlook things in these threads and searching doesn't always help.

maybe read the post i was replying to...

I did. It still doesn't make sense. It seems you are suggesting the Laundries would have been offered immunity (for what?) but that the "deal" would have been valid only if their son was alive. Is that correct?
JMO

And even her parents attorney put out a statement!

Attachments

• 2BDE64B7-8D79-400C-A0ED-336A0168F44F.jpeg
    2BDE64B7-8D79-400C-A0ED-336A0168F44F.jpeg
    111.9 KB · Views: 89
They did know.about the.Fort.Desoto trip! They just did not publicly announce it! They knew. A lot of things!
They did, and Pinellas County investigated. Dog announced he reviewed video of the Ls entering and leaving, and eluded LE didn't look at video. Pinellas returned and obtained the video.

Local LE does the ground work in many cases and turns the information over to FBI. If FBI determines further investigation is needed either local or FBI will purse.

Amazing PCSD didn't ask for the video the forst time.

Moo....
Brian Laundrie manhunt: Tipster sends Dog the Bounty Hunter to Florida campground 75 miles from family home

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply and I agree. :) Everyone is just so sure it's Gabby's bottle, so I thought that I missed something. It's easy to overlook things in these threads and searching doesn't always help.

The only "evidence" is that there is a similar bottle in the van (not identical, so far as I can tell - but that's because we don't have 360 photos of the bottle in the van; perhaps it is from the Seattle REI store too). But why are people saying it's Gabby's? It's in the van to provide water - surely they shared that kitchen bottle? How does anyone know whether Brian bought the bottle or Gabby did - and why does it matter?

I think you are right to question the certainty that it's "Gabby's bottle." I would like to know where the bottle is, right now, though.

I did. It still doesn't make sense. It seems you are suggesting the Laundries would have been offered immunity (from what?) but that the "deal" would have been valid only if their son was alive. Is that correct?
JMO

click on the arrow next to the user jurisprudence's name in my post and read the complete post i replied to...it contains a longer quoted post of his/hers regarding possible immunity...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blue's Clues