Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #83

Status
Not open for further replies.
JB Biunno
@WFLAJB

·
2h
Coming up at Noon on #WFLANow:
Quote Tweet
A9rDpbL9_normal.jpg

JB Biunno
@WFLAJB
· 17h
TUESDAY: Gabby Petito's family, including @Nikischmidt927 and @josephpetito, will be joining me on #WFLANow at Noon ET. We'll be discussing #JusticeForGabby, the @gabbsfoundation & featuring your #HeyJB comments during the interactive interview. Gabby Petito’s parents join WFLA Now for live interview Tuesday | WFLA @WFLA

JB Biunno
@WFLAJB

·
15m
NOON STREAM: Gabby Petito's parents join me for a live Q&A discussion on #WFLANow. If you'd like to say something to Gabby's family, you can use #HeyJB.
@WFLA
Link: http://8.wfla.com/3H9f34h YouTube Link: https://youtu.be/xsAQUCym8tk Facebook Live to begin at Noon ET. #GabbyPetito

NltqpS5Y

youtube.com
WFLA Now: #HeyJB Interview with Gabby Petito's Parents on #JusticeF...
LIVE WITH GABBY

Last edited:
Request for speculations…

The FBI knew that GP was deceased before they found her remains.

support or refute

This is not presented as fact. This is a speculation. I would like to hear the speculation of others in regard to this statement.

Thanks.

I don't think they knew. I think they strongly suspected and were acting on that basis. BL's return with the van, without Gabby and total radio silence from Gabby, provided the basis for that strong suspicion. They didn't know she was dead until they found her remains. They were not surprised.

Gabby Petito Foundation
17m ·

Please tune in to Dr. Oz tomorrow, as the family discusses how they are dealing with the loss of Gabby, the foundation they are creating, and how they plan to focus their efforts moving forward.

A short clip from the Dr. Oz show.

Gabby Petito’s mother says she didn’t see warning signs in Brian Laundrie relationship in new interview
Nichole Schmidt says wishes her daughter had ‘opened up’ about her relationship with Brian Laundrie

Gabby Petito’s mother says she didn’t see warning signs in Laundrie relationship

Request for speculations…

The FBI knew that GP was deceased before they found her remains.

support or refute

This is not presented as fact. This is a speculation. I would like to hear the speculation of others in regard to this statement.

Thanks.
IMO, the question is based on the premise that "knew" is binary and that any of us can know what they knew in the absence of access to all of the information they had and to their reasoning/thought processes/conversations.

Did they know with 100% confidence that she was dead? No, because (at that time) that was unknowable since her remains hadn't been found and her killer wasn't talking. Did they feel very confident that she was dead? IMO, yes. But there is no way for *me* to know whether they "knew" she was dead with 1% confidence or 90% confidence.

They clearly did not "know" with a great degree of confidence that she was alive, or they wouldn't have been overseeing a recovery effort near where the van had been seen weeks prior.

They certainly suspected foul play. But I'm not sure that's important.

The FBI was tasked with two things: a) finding her (alive or not), and b) getting together enough evidence for a conviction if she was dead (as they suspected).

Last edited:
Was it ever put out to the public about BL having any tattoos ?

Tattoo artist, Danny Nostrom, said the pair got matching tattoos of vines on October 8, 2020 at his Venice, Florida, shop about eight months before they set out on their road trip to national parks out west. "They said they wanted a couple of vines around each one of their fingers to represent them and their love and the fact they were planning this big trip together".

Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie reportedly got matching tattoos a year ago 'to represent them and their love'

Why solicit speculations whether the FBI knew she was deceased before they found her? What's the point in that, please?

I’m not sure that I understand your question(s), but I shall try my best to answer.

Do you question the point of continuing to examine this case because it is, essentially, over?

GP has been found and she is deceased. Many people believe it was BL that murdered GP. BL has been found and he is deceased. There will be no trial for BL. So, for a lot of people this case is over.

My interest in this case is not over. Many sleuthers wish to solve the crime(s) and get justice for the victims. I want that as well, but those things are not my sole interest. All the puzzles in a crime, it’s investigation, and it’s ultimate resolution stoke my curiosity. I love puzzles, I love details, I love learning new things, I love the satisfaction of discovering something or figuring things out.

Do you question the point of speculation as a tool in puzzle solving?

I recognize that only facts will ultimately solve the puzzles in this case. But I/we don’t have all the facts, in fact we have very few. One thing that speculation offers me is a direction to search (or to quit searching) For example- I speculate that x is true. What facts would have to be in place to prove that x is true? Or false? If x is true, what follows? There’s more to it than that and it can be subtle. It’s difficult to describe, I hope you get the gist. If that is your question, and my answer is inadequate, ask again and I’ll try to answer again.

Do you question the point of soliciting the thoughts of others?

For me, that is what websleuths is all about. I can sit by myself, do research, and think, think, think. And I do. But sharing this process with others is a lot more productive (and fun). Others have knowledge of facts I might not. They have perspectives that are different than mine. They ask themselves different questions. Maybe they are just plain smarter than me.

Is it this specific topic of speculation that seems pointless to you?

What makes one topic more valuable than another? Why is this puzzle more interesting than that? I don’t know. This one caught my interest. If it doesn’t interest you, that’s cool.

Or are you asking, maybe, what I am hoping to hear?

That’s tough to answer. It’s kind of why I asked. I could offer you some scenarios of the type of things I would like to hear…
-that’s a ridiculous idea, and here are some facts why
-I disagree, it’s just my opinion but I think that because
-I totally agree, but it’s just a gut feeling, wish I could figure out why
-I totally agree, here are some facts I noticed to support it
-I’m not sure, but I noticed that a, b and c would make a lot more sense if this was true

Or do you feel the accuracy or inaccuracy of that statement is completely clear and not in question, and therefore speculation on the topic is pointless?

If that is where you are at, you are precisely the type of person that I would like comments from! Please break down your perspective for me.

If none of these are what you were asking, try me again.

I’ve been doing some rereading of things earlier in the case.

@oviedo can you give me some clarity on this? bbm
  • this reporter says that Brian’s family called police this morning and says he was last seen at the reserve by them and they came here on Tuesday and saw his mustang and drove it hom

Are you able to tell me the source?

Found Deceased - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #14
Is this what you are looking for?
Brian Laundrie timeline: Family attorney details days surrounding disappearance of Gabby Petito’s fiancé
Snipped
At the time, his parents told police they had last seen him leave home to go to the Carlton Reserve area for a hike on Tuesday, Sept. 14. Bertolino later said that, after further communication with the FBI, the Laundries believed their son actually left home to go hiking on Sept. 13.
—-
I think it was a tweet and was very early on As that post was from September 19 while the timeline was in the early stages

Is this what you are looking for?
Brian Laundrie timeline: Family attorney details days surrounding disappearance of Gabby Petito’s fiancé
Snipped
At the time, his parents told police they had last seen him leave home to go to the Carlton Reserve area for a hike on Tuesday, Sept. 14. Bertolino later said that, after further communication with the FBI, the Laundries believed their son actually left home to go hiking on Sept. 13.
—-
I think it was a tweet and was very early on As that post was from September 19 while the timeline was in the early stages

I was looking for the description of what BL was wearing. All I could find ( in last article, was he took his backpack) but I found all these articles to be interesting.
IMO, I think the parents played with the timeline 9/13-17/21 to give BL time ( to decide what to do, to take off??? Whatever) and to shield themselves from accusations of “aiding and abetting”.
If you read all these articles and SBs statements, it seems to me they knowingly misrepresented the date BL left the home. Moo
However, I can’t find article that clearly states the Ls SAW BL at the reserve.

Police left the notice on Laundrie’s Mustang, which his family found Wednesday parked near the Carlton Reservein Sarasota County, according to attorney Steven Bertolino.

The note had asked for the car to be removed — but the family left the vehicle there until Thursday, hoping he’d return to it, Bertolino said.

Laundrie, 23, took off on a supposed hike of the 25,000-acre nature preserve on Tuesday and hasn’t been heard from again. His family reported him missing to cops on Friday

Note found on Brian Laundrie’s car after disappearance

It's believed that Laundrie may have driven the Mustang when he allegedly went for a hike in a 25,000 acre nature reserve in the Sarasota area on Tuesday, the last time his family says they saw him.

Laundrie's parents reportedly told police they realized Brian hadn't come back from his hike "on Wednesday or Thursday," and that's when they went to pick up the Mustang and drove it back to their home.

When asked by local reporter Brian Entin if Laundrie's parents could be leading them in the wrong direction, police said they are "working to corroborate their story."

"They did not say 'we believe the parents or we know for sure that Brian was hiking in this reserve'," shared Entin.

Cops had previously left a note on the car, which requested it be removed, but the family left the vehicle there until Thursday, hoping Laundrie would return to it, Laundrie family attorney Steven Bertolino told the New York Post.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...ries-parents-say-they-drove-his-car-home/amp/

Laundrie's family told police on Friday that they last saw him on Tuesday with a backpack and he told them he was going to the massive preserve, which he would frequent for hikes, according to Taylor.

Gabby Petito case: FBI agents search Brian Laundrie's Florida home, seize his Mustang

Steven Bertolino, the Laundrie family's attorney, told ABC7 that the family went looking for Laundrie on Wednesday and, despite not finding Laundrie, spotted the Ford Mustang he was driving with a police note on it.

Bertolino added that the note said the car needed to be removed from the area.

Laundrie's family left the car on Wednesday "so he could drive it back," Bertolino told ABC7.

When Laundrie didn't return, the family went back to the reserve to get the car on Thursday, Bertolino said.

On Friday, the family filed a missing persons report for Laundrie.

A police note was found on Brian Laundrie's car after he disappeared following a hike into a Florida nature preserve, his family says

The warrant issued Thursday comes after almost a full week of police searching for Laundrie where his family says he was last seen: the Carlton Reserve in Sarasota County. According to police, Laundrie’s family says he drove his Ford Mustang there more than a week ago and has not been seen since.

https://wgntv.com/news/brian-laundr...sues-arrest-warrant-for-gabby-petitos-fiance/

Here’s a good article, includes Twitter links to “live” activity NPPD and reporters from the time of BL going missing…

Timeline: Remains found at Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park identified as those of Brian Laundrie

Last edited:
I’m not sure that I understand your question(s), but I shall try my best to answer.

Do you question the point of continuing to examine this case because it is, essentially, over?

GP has been found and she is deceased. Many people believe it was BL that murdered GP. BL has been found and he is deceased. There will be no trial for BL. So, for a lot of people this case is over.

My interest in this case is not over. Many sleuthers wish to solve the crime(s) and get justice for the victims. I want that as well, but those things are not my sole interest. All the puzzles in a crime, it’s investigation, and it’s ultimate resolution stoke my curiosity. I love puzzles, I love details, I love learning new things, I love the satisfaction of discovering something or figuring things out.

Do you question the point of speculation as a tool in puzzle solving?

I recognize that only facts will ultimately solve the puzzles in this case. But I/we don’t have all the facts, in fact we have very few. One thing that speculation offers me is a direction to search (or to quit searching) For example- I speculate that x is true. What facts would have to be in place to prove that x is true? Or false? If x is true, what follows? There’s more to it than that and it can be subtle. It’s difficult to describe, I hope you get the gist. If that is your question, and my answer is inadequate, ask again and I’ll try to answer again.

Do you question the point of soliciting the thoughts of others?

For me, that is what websleuths is all about. I can sit by myself, do research, and think, think, think. And I do. But sharing this process with others is a lot more productive (and fun). Others have knowledge of facts I might not. They have perspectives that are different than mine. They ask themselves different questions. Maybe they are just plain smarter than me.

Is it this specific topic of speculation that seems pointless to you?

What makes one topic more valuable than another? Why is this puzzle more interesting than that? I don’t know. This one caught my interest. If it doesn’t interest you, that’s cool.

Or are you asking, maybe, what I am hoping to hear?

That’s tough to answer. It’s kind of why I asked. I could offer you some scenarios of the type of things I would like to hear…
-that’s a ridiculous idea, and here are some facts why
-I disagree, it’s just my opinion but I think that because
-I totally agree, but it’s just a gut feeling, wish I could figure out why
-I totally agree, here are some facts I noticed to support it
-I’m not sure, but I noticed that a, b and c would make a lot more sense if this was true

Or do you feel the accuracy or inaccuracy of that statement is completely clear and not in question, and therefore speculation on the topic is pointless?

If that is where you are at, you are precisely the type of person that I would like comments from! Please break down your perspective for me.

If none of these are what you were asking, try me again.

No, my point in asking is, what point are YOU trying to make by suggesting that they knew she was deceased before they found her? Yes, they likely did believe that it was possible she was deceased. Her bf has her van and won't discuss anything, her parents had not had any contact with her. What are you speculating, that them knowing she was deceased before they found her, would change? How would their knowing, if they did, affect the situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa