Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't suppose le can legally check, but it would be interesting to see if ma and pa made substantial cash withdrawals in the last couple of weeks. He could last a year with a stash of cash, no tracing.

Lol, you're right. I got my hopes up tonight, thinking that the family had finally decided to come clean about what they knew. As it turned out however, this was completely self serving.

I'm sure law enforcement will expand their presence in that neighborhood, but it won't quiet the mob. This is going to be one wild weekend.

Here comes the circus.
Hope Ma & Pa have earplugs!!

"I'm sure every financial move made by his family and friends will be closely monitored by LE."

Given they lost sight of BL (if they ever had it), I don't share your confidence.

Agreed. The whole thing is coming off as botched and full of incompetence. It doesn’t help I get Ramsey case botch job vibes from local LE and the FBI was just in the main stream press for completely failing US Gymnastics and that investigation. My faith in LE to not screw this up isn’t exactly charting high….still I hold out hope and would love to be proven wrong by them.

He doesn't seam like the loner type. That "vanlife" doesn't really require the survival skills he would need hiding/hiking in the wilderness. I also don't think this guy is going off to foreign countries to start a new life. He's probably not far from home. I think he's extremely dangerous and possibly unstable, based on what we do know.
I agree. How many adventurous , self-sufficient guys are eager to get married at age 22 (even tho he may have changed his mind). Well, I guess he's trying it out...or already given up.

One would think so- another thing to consider is that the chemicals causing the cadaver smell aren't produced in detectable amounts until about day 3 after death. The lack of cadaverine, etc. wouldn't rule out having a body in the vehicle.
Interesting. For some reason I thought, as if by magic, that once a dead body was in a place even a short time, that something would linger & show up in whatever kind of tests they use. I'm assuming LE has a way to get B's google searches. In case he googled what to do with a, uh, dead body.

My husband and I checked the AllTrails app and his phone did indeed say Florida and hers said PR. It’s not an app we knew anything about previously so I can’t speak to its reliability. I do however think that her phone could easily have been mailed there. IMO.

It's a profile location just like any other app- the same way you can put any location on your Facebook and it isn't necessarily correct. AllTrails will autopopulate a location when you first sign up, and the location frequently isn't correct.

He doesn't seam like the loner type. That "vanlife" doesn't really require the survival skills he would need hiding/hiking in the wilderness. I also don't think this guy is going off to foreign countries to start a new life. He's probably not far from home. I think he's extremely dangerous and possibly unstable, based on what we do know.

MOO
You may be right that he might not have the survival skills needed, but I think he believes he does. He's a fan of crime novels so he probably believes he can outwit the LE. He thinks he is one with Gaia and above the rest of humanity who has been killing mother earth. He's a barefoot hiker and a lover of the wild open spaces. He is one with all living things and a friend to the trees. I think he believes that he can lose himself in the wilderness and no one will ever find him.

Can anyone else remember a week with so much dramatic crime/murder news? My God, between this, Murdaugh, Morphew and Durst my head's about to implode!!! I don't know what this says about the state of crime and punishment in this country or what it says about me for following all of it, but there's some seriously dark stuff going on all over the place.

My husband and I checked the AllTrails app and his phone did indeed say Florida and hers said PR. It’s not an app we knew anything about previously so I can’t speak to its reliability. I do however think that her phone could easily have been mailed there. IMO.
It's pretty good. I've used it in many of my hikes. I add it to my trails and even if there is no mobile service, it keeps track of my position. Haven't gone on a hike after 2018 though because I had a baby.

There's just no telling. Anecdotally, it seems that most of these guys don't actually do that, although there are certainly no shortage of examples where that has occurred.

I'm leaning against it though.

I like hammers too, which is what I view this nonstop pressure as. Although legal repercussions offer that pressure, we've seen it from all sides.

It's been strong, and it's been constant.
Yes, it's been relentless. And it seems to be growing stronger, if that's even possible. There is no place he can go without someone recognizing him, which is why I believe he's in the woods nearby that he is familiar with or where he has been before.

Something tells me it won't take long to find him. If this didn't already have the full attention of local LE and the FBI, it does now. He may not realize it but I see his escape from right under their noses as a gift in the search for Gabby. It will be all hands on deck now.

BL is on a roll. Fooled 5 or 6 Moab cops. Fooled the NPPD. Fooled the FBI.
...and boldly goes forth into the world to hopefully continue his winning streak.
that's not what happened at all. Real investigation limited to what is known and proven and not what i have been seeing here a lot.. These investigators have to take a somewhat impartial stance and look at fact, further they haven't even released much to the public it seems.

A question.

When is the last documented sighting of BL?

Not the statements of his family or lawyers. Where is the last place he was absolutely known to be seen?

A comment.

BL looks to me like a million guys of his age. If I saw him on the street I wouldn't recognize him because I see men of his age that look like him all the time. He doesn't have any distinguishing features as far as I can tell, and if he were wearing a mask because covid, well, unlikely to recognize goes to impossible to recognize.

For these reasons, I think he could hide in plain sight for a long time.

He has distinguishing tattoos though on his hands. If some weirdo is walking around with gloves on and resembles BL, it's probably BL. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419