Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wonder if Brian brought Gabby back with him to florida, like maybe they decided together to head back home early since they were arguing and fighting, then got into another fight on the way and thats when he hurt her, maybe even disposed of her close by. Now maybe since he thinks the FBI is about to have the phone records he has gone back to move her to another location...heck dont know, this has all fried my brain....i need to go to bed!

That scenario could certainly be possible, IMO. If so, she may never be found. Lotsa places to hide a body (if that's what we've got here) between Idaho and Florida.

Makes sense, though it seems like cooperation has been off the table from the get-go. I like hammers, like to see them drop on people like BL and his parents.

What are the odds he left and will self harm to avoid being prosecuted?

IMO His internal dialog is all about deflecting blame. Even if he killed Gabby in his head it was probably her fault. When ones brain works in that way it’s very hard to self-reflect, understand consequences, feel guilt. It’s just continual self preservation (which isn’t congruent with suicide).

My husband and I checked the AllTrails app and his phone did indeed say Florida and hers said PR. It’s not an app we knew anything about previously so I can’t speak to its reliability. I do however think that her phone could easily have been mailed there. IMO.
This has already been discussed and debunked several times. You can set your location to whatever you’d like, even without ever being there. It is not just based on current location.

His family might have given him some cash before he left, but at some point he will need more financial support. How can his family anonymously continue to finance him? I'm sure every financial move made by his family and friends will be closely monitored by LE. How is he going to communicate with his family or his financial supporter? A burner phone? That can be traced also. If he takes any medications, how will he get those?
The only job he could possibly get would be for cash.

I don't see him being able to be on the run for long. Hopefully when he is caught, he will give Gabby's family some peace and honestly tell them what happened.

Prayers for Gabby's family.

I don't think he can survive for long either, but he probably thinks he can. Gabby referred to them as "such experienced hikers" in one of her Instagram posts....but they also ran out of water (per the police encounter footage) and she wrote about working up to not taking shoes on hikes, referred to walking on an angled rock as "rock climbing", and called themselves "very athletic" yet could barely tolerate the heat during the police encounter. It seems they were overly confident about their skills.

So, BL is missing. If my 22-year-old son, left the house with a backpack, I do not think the police would consider him missing, even if I would be worried. However, if BL has issues, then he becomes endangered missing. He needs to be found to help Gabby.
IMO, BL does what he wants, when he wants, regardless of who it impacts. I think he drove the van back to Florida because it was convenient for him. He doesn't want to help LE, so he refuses.

Dont know why this came on thread. Am in Colombia. Brit national having lived here for about 30 years. Brother in China
came up because of a post that he probably went to south america or central america. I say probably not. It makes more sense to fade into the usa, in young hangouts. If someone has provided him with cash.

IMO His internal dialog is all about deflecting blame. Even if he killed Gabby in his head it was probably her fault. When ones brain works in that way it’s very hard to self-reflect, understand consequences, feel guilt. It’s just continual self preservation (which isn’t congruent with suicide).

This this and this. Of course pure speculation….but it does seem a classic case of she made me do it…

I don't understand it myself. I am app challenged.

It is an app where you can record your hikes. Apparently you can look up other people on the app. Earlier this evening my husband and I tested it and went to the app and BL’s phone did in fact show up in North Port FL and GP’s in Puerto Rico. Again, I don’t know if this is accurate though. IMO

Yes, it's been relentless. And it seems to be growing stronger, if that's even possible. There is no place he can go without someone recognizing him, which is why I believe he's in the woods nearby that he is familiar with or where he has been before.

Something tells me it won't take long to find him. If this didn't already have the full attention of local LE and the FBI, it does now. He may not realize it but I see his escape from right under their noses as a gift in the search for Gabby. It will be all hands on deck now.
I'd honestly be shocked if he wasn't found by tomorrow. This case has become a media frenzy, and even people who don't typically follow this stuff closely, are doing so.

Nowhere to hide, at least, for very long.

One would think so- another thing to consider is that the chemicals causing the cadaver smell aren't produced in detectable amounts until about day 3 after death. The lack of cadaverine, etc. wouldn't rule out having a body in the vehicle.
I'm not sure what they collected from the van for testing but given where they were I was leaning toward whatever happened as having happened outside. We know she was okay when she left the hotel on the 24th. It's between the 24th and the 29th when he was alone with no vehicle (assuming the tiktok witness account is accurate) that should be the narrowed timeline and this timeline can be narrowed even further if the merchant from Idaho has a date in-between there.

I don't think he can survive for long either, but he probably thinks he can. Gabby referred to them as "such experienced hikers" in one of her Instagram posts....but they also ran out of water (per the police encounter footage) and she wrote about working up to not taking shoes on hikes, referred to walking on an angled rock as "rock climbing", and called themselves "very athletic" yet could barely tolerate the heat during the police encounter. It seems they were overly confident about their skills.
I think that BL edited that post on Gabby's Instagram. Gabby's last two Instagram posts are suspicious to me. His writing style is rambling and braggadocious. Her style is succinct and positive.

Same - I have friends who just returned from Puerto Rico, Cancun and South America. A mask was needed on flight and while walking around hotel or indoor shops but that's it.
Yes US citizens don't have much restrictions except for maybe Australia and New Zealand.

Only immigrants and tourists who want to come to the US have restrictions.
I know this stuff like the back of my hand because I've been waiting for the ban to be lifted for so long so that my parents can come visit me.

He might need to show negative COVID test for certain countries and wear a mask in flight. That's about it.

A question.

When is the last documented sighting of BL?

Not the statements of his family or lawyers. Where is the last place he was absolutely known to be seen?

A comment.

BL looks to me like a million guys of his age. If I saw him on the street I wouldn't recognize him because I see men of his age that look like him all the time. He doesn't have any distinguishing features as far as I can tell, and if he were wearing a mask because covid, well, unlikely to recognize goes to impossible to recognize.

For these reasons, I think he could hide in plain sight for a long time.

He has distinguishing tattoos though on his hands. If some weirdo is walking around with gloves on and resembles BL, it's probably BL. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa