Resolved WY - Sweetwater, "Bitter Creek Betty", Wht/HispFem 24-32, 213UFWY, rose tatt/jewelry Mar'92 - N/A

What ruled out Pamela sue dalton

Welcome Morainwater! Pamela was suggested as a match in 2011 (post #32 - if you are logged into a desktop you will see the post # in the bottom right). Then Pamela was on the official rule-out list by 24 June 2017 (post #112) but I can't see a reference as to how she was excluded.

There are a number of ways someone can be 'ruled out' (or 'excluded'). These days they are most commonly DNA (post #119 explains the different types, which can sometimes prevent DNA comparisons), fingerprint or dental records. I believe in some jurisdictions the Medical Examiner can use the various results of physical exams as well - but I'm not really across how that works. Others will chime in, I'm sure.

If we can help you find your way around this forum please just ask. Pamela has a thread at MO - MO - Pamela Dalton, 34, Sikeston, 1 May 1991

Last edited:
Last evening I also found this information, which I had not seen on this forum related to this victim yet, looks like it came out last September. Found at:
FBI Asks For Truckers’ Help Identifying Serial Killer And Remains Of Young Women - TruckersReport.com

Looks like they have linked a third victim to the DNA profile of this suspect. If you try looking into Pamela Rose McCall, you might also find info under Pamela Rose Alridge (or Aldridge) as she was listed as this name in the original newspaper article in The Tennesseean from 1991. Also interesting that this victim had shoulder length brown hair, approx. same height, weight, and age range. I have noticed that when he gets rid of the bodies, at least these three, they are all in differing ways. Notice also that two of them were pregnant. As far as I can see, this pregnancy information on the Sheridan Jane Doe was new to the ViCap announcement from last year.

Attachments

• VICAP-Alert-2019-09-02-SEEKING-INFORMATION-HOMICIDE-SERIES-WY-TN-Updated-Public-1.pdf
    85.6 KB · Views: 12
Thanks @trmigr0 it's interesting that the known crimes only span such a short period. Hard to believe the killer (if it is a serial killer) would have stopped trucking voluntarily since it seems to have given him access to commit his crimes. So... the question arises whether there are other bodies out there, as yet undiscovered or at least not yet linked via DNA? Interesting reading, thank you.

Added: also interesting a comment on the article by a reader relating to the TN killing, that the Saturn Parkway is the parkway into the Saturn car plant. Could we be looking for a trucker that picked up/dropped off there?

Thanks @Melt71 . These cases really bother me as my hometown is nearby where one of the bodies was found. I stumbled across the information years ago and have never been able to let it go. These ladies need identification and if able, justice.

It's not uncommon for serial killers to kill in bunches, and have long gaps between victims or clusters of victims. They get sent to jail, or just change their lives. I can recall at least one killer who stopped while he was happily married but then resumed after a divorce. So while there are probably several more victims, there might not be.

Might this case be related? KY - KY - Simpson Co., WhtFem UP71, 25-35, off I-65, rose tattoo, Oct'01

Also, I have found at one point, this murder was being looked at as associated with the Sheridan Jane Doe and the Bitter Creek Betty Cases. These clippings come from The Elko daily Press, taken from Newspapers.com. I will have to dig further to see if this person was ever identified or if it was ever solved. Once you begin looking closely at this, it is really astounding how VERY many victims there are that are similar through time left along the side of our highways. I have been reading the Killing Season posts and saw that recently. I would think the best thing to do is look for patterns that pop up with each victim. So far it's the hair and general height and weight between the first three--maybe there is something there with the pregnancy of the two and the cesearian scarring.

Attachments

• Elko Murder 2 11-16-1993.PNG
    Elko Murder 2 11-16-1993.PNG
    219.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Elko Murder 11-16-1993.PNG
    Elko Murder 11-16-1993.PNG
    270.9 KB · Views: 14
Has anyone looked at the recently indicted Samuel Legg III from Ohio in Bitter Creek Betty's case? He was indicted for rape of a 17 y.o. victim in 1997 and the murder of Sharon Kedzierski that occurred on April 8, 1992. Her body was found at a trucker stop in Austintown, Ohio. She was only identified in the past few years by DNA. He, too, was identified through DNA evidence. There are some striking similarities:

1. He was a truck driver during this time, heavily traveling I-80 between Ohio and California.

2. Victim died of blunt force trauma to the head,face, chest, and asphyxiation. I also found a note in old newspaper articles that she had two holes in her forehead that could not be linked to gunshot wounds. Interesting since Bitter Creek Betty was essentially lobotomized, putting holes in her inner forehead area.

3. Same time frame, April 1992 killing of Sharon Kedzierski compared to the time frame of Betty and the Sheridan Co. Jane Doe (Wyoming).

4. Same weight range, same hair color, similar heights (she was a bit shorter), but she was much older, in her late 40's.

5. Victim was found partially nude, in men's underpants.

There is also news out there that he is DNA linked to 3 other truck stop type murders in Ohio, but I am having a hard time finding any further details so far on those murders. I'll keep searching the newspaper databases and see if I can find any old clippings of potential victims found that might be connected. There was also a note I found in news searching that he may be linked to a truck stop killing in Illinois as well.

I imagine though, since there is DNA in Betty's case and in Samuel Legg's case, that a hit would have come across when his was entered?
You should submit this tip to LE they could get a DNA sample of Samuel!

Very interesting read from a newspaper article about similarities with other cases, mentions Bitter Creek Betty's body. Reflections about unsolved cases in Utah. From The Salt Lake Tribune, August 3, 1997. Wow.

Attachments

• CONNECTIONS- SALT LAKE TRIBUNE 8-3-1997.PNG
    CONNECTIONS- SALT LAKE TRIBUNE 8-3-1997.PNG
    56 KB · Views: 24
Last evening I also found this information, which I had not seen on this forum related to this victim yet, looks like it came out last September. Found at:
FBI Asks For Truckers’ Help Identifying Serial Killer And Remains Of Young Women - TruckersReport.com

Looks like they have linked a third victim to the DNA profile of this suspect. If you try looking into Pamela Rose McCall, you might also find info under Pamela Rose Alridge (or Aldridge) as she was listed as this name in the original newspaper article in The Tennesseean from 1991. Also interesting that this victim had shoulder length brown hair, approx. same height, weight, and age range. I have noticed that when he gets rid of the bodies, at least these three, they are all in differing ways. Notice also that two of them were pregnant. As far as I can see, this pregnancy information on the Sheridan Jane Doe was new to the ViCap announcement from last year.
Thank you for replying , I put in for that match on the doe network sight 2 years ago ! Never heard nothing I just made two post also about the fact I think blood matches should be done on some of theese that are so similar or DNA! Because we don’t know how long someone could been alive after being last seen all we have on theese sights are pics from their families on a bout what they look like ! Geck hair, eyes , weight , teeth , tattoos can all be hid , changed , covered up , cut , burned off ! Weight drastically can change it is truly amazing how one little thing such as hair color or weight or especially tattoos they will just say no ( no way ) it’s a match because of one of them things when the only true identifiable thing is DNA!!!! Just makes me upset

Actually no. Many physical traits can change over time, but many can't. Dentals can sometimes be ambiguous, but on the whole they're extremely reliable when available. Incompatible broken bones or medical appliances. Removing tattoos leaves a mark, especially if there hasn't been much time elapsed from disappearance to decedent being found. Likewise with other scars.

And many exclusions are on DNA but we aren't told that.

I think the most likely killer of this woman is Scott William Cox. A serial killer from Oregon.

-long haul truck driver
-from NW America
-traveled great distances
-active as killer between 1990 and 1993
-beating and inserting objects was a part of his MO
-visited prostitutes
-tried for 2 murders, but may have killed up to 20

I think the most likely killer of this woman is Scott William Cox. A serial killer from Oregon.

-long haul truck driver
-from NW America
-traveled great distances
-active as killer between 1990 and 1993
-beating and inserting objects was a part of his MO
-visited prostitutes
-tried for 2 murders, but may have killed up to 20
I think that they might have his dna, therefore they can compare it to the one from the crime scene, it’s possible that it’s him and that the dna sample could be from a third party, maybe his partner

Cox was in Idaho state (next to Wyoming according to the map) in late 1991, even though has to have driven down to Arizona, or she has moved north instead.

As well as; "On May 9, 1990, passersby discovered the nude body of a woman in the brush along the eastbound lanes of I-70 near Green River in eastern Utah. She had been dead about three months. The Utah medical examiner ruled the death a homicide and said evidence indicated she had been strangled and beaten."

Which sounds pretty similar to the death of Betty - even though this MO is probably pretty common among serial killer scum.

This guy was considered a suspect in the Green River killings, so he is pretty damn evil.

Attachments

• Cox1.jpg
    Cox1.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 13
This is my first post- I searched and couldn’t find a discussion post for these unidentified victims. I’ve been looking at this all day and I’m wondering if these possible matches have been looked at?

I was comparing Rhonda Yocom to Sweetwater Doe- tattoos match, body was discovered about 7 years after she disappeared. Appearances are very similar.

Sheridan County Jane Doe was found near Sweetwater Doe and dna evidence matched for these victims having been killed by the same person.

Rhonda’s bf was a member of Hell’s angels and she was last seen with another Hells Angel. Her bf was later suspected in the disappearance of Paget Barr- neither woman has been found.

it would make sense if they were associated with same people and dumped in same place, killed by same person.

Sheridan County Doe was pregnant and was said to have had at least one child. Paget Barr left two children behind.

they would have had to have been kept alive for a a few years before killing and dumping them, but I don’t think that’s out of the question- Hells Angels have been known to be involved in prostitution and contract killing.

Idk what to do next—- !

Bitter Creek Betty & Sheridan County Jane Doe • Morbidology

Hells Angels MC criminal allegations and incidents - Wikipedia

Attachments

• 2DD560D2-B439-4A9C-AE23-3DA045AA43BB.jpeg
    2DD560D2-B439-4A9C-AE23-3DA045AA43BB.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 4EA270A4-2FB8-45DC-8047-0AA78F0FFDB0.jpeg
    4EA270A4-2FB8-45DC-8047-0AA78F0FFDB0.jpeg
    76.1 KB · Views: 18

Members online

Online statistics