Zimmerman Real Time Trial Thread Only *NO DISCUSSION* 06/26/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not coming back. (whispers)
.... later
I'm leaving today.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Judge says scheduling will be discussed later.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

a couple more hours of cross for this witness....wow.

4:52 PM EDT — — (1:52 PDT)

Court is about to resume. Get the witness. Counsel at sidebar. George is straightening himself up. Serving water.

4:57 PM - We have sound. Judge asks for return of Jury.

Please be seated. Mr West you may continue.

West: Approach witness. Seems to have lost the paper he needs. Looking here and there.
Directs Ms Jeantel to page 209 of her deposition with West and people. What she told Mr Crump. Line 14 or 15. Read to herself.

West: Line 15 to Line 23.

Bernie suggests a read from 209 to 212 will give a complete answer. Judge says to do it on re-direct.

Wed. Mar 13th (this year?) Asked about having heard a recording, "The man is like what are you talking about", she said in the depo: "Yes, I did say that."
Line 15, play it again.

Oh boy, an Aha moment?

"I had told you, what happened to me in Crump interview, I had rushed on it." West paraphrases her as saying she rushed through it and didn't necessarily tell it accurately.

Asking her about hearing Trayvon's voice. He is having her read stuff.

The sound is out of sync with the video. Makes it hard to 'get all that is being said'.

The witness is getting a little perturbed.

West asks if she said, "It could be Trayvon". You know his voice so well, was that Trayvon's voice or not? It could be".

West wants to quit for the day. Bernie wants to keep going. The witness wants it all to end now.

Judge says we will quit for the day.

Rachel is not happy but is told by Judge she must return in the morning. She is not to discuss the case with anyone including any of the lawyers.

This is not a discussion thread.

"This thread is for REAL TIME COURTROOM updates." As per Tricia, first post.

Jury back and West continues his cross about the Crump interview.

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 5m
We are back in session.

He tells her about her saying that GM said 'what you talking about?' In their deposition. She responds that she had rushed the Crump interview and West asks did she not make sure it was accurate, she agrees.
West says not time enough today to play the interview.

He asks her about hearing a recording she heard from TV with screams that sounded like Trayvon. She says she thought they did/West says today you said they were. Has her read the section on the transcript.

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 6m
Jeantel on discrepancy: "I had rushed on the interview between me and Crump." #GeorgeZimmerman #TrayvonMartin
Retweeted by Kyle Hightower

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 6m
West is showing Jeantel a transcript of what she told defense in deposition about what she told Crump in their interview.

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 4m
Jeantel seems exasperated with West at this point. #Zimmerman

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 7m
West says he also wants to talk about screams in background of one of the 911 calls. #Zimmerman

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 3m
West points out that Jeantel only says "it could be" when she was asked in deposition if it was #TrayvonMartin screaming in 911 call.

------
West asks do you admit you said 'it could' be Trayvon. de la Rionda objects he should read the entire statement. He does: she talked about Trayvons high voice, could be him....

Judge asks how much time he needs to complete cross...at least a couple of hours...witness says What? Judge dismisses jury until tomorrow 9am.

Judge advises witness not to talk about case even to lawyers and come back at 9am. Court in recess.

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 1m
We are on recess.

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 2m
Jury has been sent out for the day. Defense will continue its cross examination at 9 am on Thurs. #Zimmerman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member