CO - James Holmes Trial - *Closing Arguments* *Verdict Watch*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I admire any attorney who fights for the rights of their client - even the one's I completely diagree with - they're doing a difficult job, and it can't be easy here, and that is admirable. But for someone who more or less argues for a living, I would think Ms Nelson would have better manners, at the very least to be respectful to the Judge. Her fervor is good, but her tantrums..not so much.

That's very true, there are a lot good defense attys. The difference is others give good argument with subjects that are appropriate & don't just pull out everything & see if the judge approves them. The judge has corrected her countless times.

I admire any attorney who fights for the rights of their client - even the one's I completely diagree with - they're doing a difficult job, and it can't be easy here, and that is admirable. But for someone who more or less argues for a living, I would think Ms Nelson would have better manners, at the very least to be respectful to the Judge. Her fervor is good, but her tantrums..not so much.

I guess you missed the rudeness towards this Judge..refusing ( or just Lazy even after being reminded) to stand when addressing this wonderful Judge.

There's no place for rudeness in any courtroom..especially when dealing with the Judge or other side lawyers.....Rudeness is rudeness...Don't give a care IF their job is difficult or not..No excuses..THEY ALL WENT thru law school!!

The defence wants to bring a witness who has never met the shooter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IF these guys repeat the same Right to fair trial blah blah blah again..I may scream!!!!!

Aye-Yi-Yi, defense bringing in witnesses whom have never met the defendant, nor knew his parents had a son!!!!!
This is bad.

That's very true, there are a lot good defense attys. The difference is others give good argument with subjects that are appropriate & don't just pull out everything & see if the judge approves them. The judge has corrected her countless times.

I guess you missed the rudeness towards this Judge..refusing ( or just Lazy even after being reminded) to stand when addressing this wonderful Judge.

There's no place for rudeness in any courtroom..especially when dealing with the Judge or other side lawyers.....Rudeness is rudeness...Don't give a care IF their job is difficult or not..No excuses..THEY ALL WENT thru law school!!

You're both right, she's not just rude, but she's wrong. No reason to argue with the judge at all, let alone multiple times.

It sounds like the judge won't allow this witness.

She is from the shooter's mothers church. She had information about how the crime affected his mother. Nothing to do with him.

Now the defence are asking for a delay in the sentencing phase.

Haha! Judge refusing to delay anything. He said he will be flexible and work with the defence but not delay the proceedings.

OMG..further delay requested due to death and witness family member went into hospice....Once again..completely disrespectful to the Court proceedings. They realized the judge won't delay under these circumstances....Gerr..The def. didn't subpoena their witnesses..so Judge cannot compel them to appear...Too bad so sad..Incompetent and rude Def...

If it sounds like I'm peeved with def. would be an understatement..They are actually now trying real hard to appear as incompetent...for appellate reasons...Course could directly affect their careers...SMH!!

OMG..further delay requested due to death and witness family member went into hospice....Once again..completely disrespectful to the Court proceedings. They realized the judge won't delay under these circumstances....Gerr..The def. didn't subpoena their witnesses..so Judge cannot compel them to appear...Too bad so sad..Incompetent and rude Def...

If it sounds like I'm peeved with def. would be an understatement..They are actually now trying real hard to appear as incompetent...for appellate reasons...Course could directly affect their careers...SMH!!

Wow! Will they really do that just so the shooter can appeal? They must really be fond of him!

Wow! Will they really do that just so the shooter can appeal? They must really be fond of him!

I don't think they actually give a cr@p about him..But only exposing their abilities in this high profile case...throwing oneself on their own petard is NOT uncommon with defence attny's..mainly due to becoming famous..sounds like a few defence attny's I heard from in the last many years....Who ever heard of Baez or O'mara prior to their high profile cases???????

She is from the shooter's mothers church. She had information about how the crime affected his mother. Nothing to do with him.

What mom wouldn't be affected. Check Ted Bundy mom thought him innocent 😬

Did I hear correctly..They will be back tomorrow @ 9AM MT??? 11AM ET?? 4PM Maisie time??

Well, lovely people, see you tomorrow! BTW- wasn't it exciting when the verdict came in we had some 100 on this thread?!
I enjoyed reading that some posted that they were reading us thru the trial! :loveyou:

Unfortunately, I don't think they're trying to appear incompetent, I think they're just trying to drag it out as long as possible. How long do they expect this phase to go on, anyway? They have very little consideraton for the jury and the courts time, IMO.
Honestly, what could this witness have to say that couldn't be expressed in an affadavit or video deposition if they absolutely couldn't attend? It's just a tactic, and fortunately it doesn't seem to be working. I do love this judge, he seems very kind, and fair.

I believe they said 10:30 MT so 12:30 ET?

5:30 Maisie time :)

9:30 zoey time 😇

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads