Found Deceased FL - AMBER ALERT: Diana Alvares, 9, Fort Myers, 29 May 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure I'm buying the stove story. I think there are a lot of "look! over here!"... "no, over here!" tricks going on. Just my feeling from it all.

Now what happened to the story that Diana walked a friend home at 2:00 am?

Every day a new story or a new twist.

When was her father deported back to Mexico? Was it after Diana went missing? Could this roommate have been a friend of bio-father and working with him to snatch Diana?

When was her father deported back to Mexico? Was it after Diana went missing? Could this roommate have been a friend of bio-father and working with him to snatch Diana?

Something happened at 2am. It keeps cropping up.

Mom got up to use the bathroom at 2am.
Mom got up to give baby a bottle at 2am.
Sister got up to use the bathroom at 2am.
Diana took someone home at 2am.

I think I've even seen it reported somewhere that she "went missing" at 2am.

What happened at 2am? Somehow, I don't think it was any of the things that have been reported so far. But I'm pretty sure that something happened at 2am.

According to this article, "stepmom" is actually bio-dad's girlfriend, and "stepdad" is actually bio-mom's live-in boyfriend.

Nancy Vizcarra, who said she is Martin Alvarez's girlfriend, visited Hernandez and her live-in boyfriend, Uribe Jimenez, later Tuesday. She defended the girl's father, saying he knew nothing about her disappearance and is still in Mexico, worried about Diana.

Dad's girlfriend claims he was deported a year ago, while Mom says it was three years ago.

Vizcarra said Diana's father was deported about a year ago, while Jimenez said it was in 2013. Vizcarra said he was deported after an arrest stemming from an argument and possession of weapons. She said police have questioned Alvarez on the phone about his daughter's disappearance. He wants to come to the U.S. to help find his daughter, Vizcarra said.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/loca...er-to-mexico-342b26b9-4e63-49--381460001.html

Clear as mud.

I want to go back to the things we know about law enforcement--- the FBI and the Dept of Homeland Security were involved early on. I have never seen the DHS involved in a missing person case before. I tried to look up some info. It seems to me that there only a few reasons they could be involved:
-immigration enforcement
- human trafficking

Well, I guess that is it! Has anyone else found another division that would cause them to be involved?
https://www.dhs.gov/topics

https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/publications/oslle-resource-catalog-volumeiv-2-24-2016_1.pdf

(OF course! An edit!)------- and I just found this! They are actually using a new app to help find missing people. I am betting we will be seeing them on many more cases while they are trying to test and refine their system's effectiveness.

Sorry to say, it hasn't worked yet this time.
https://preview.dhs.gov/publication/lost-person-locator

I wonder if someone came into the house or possibly pulled in the drive around 2 am that caused everyone to stir? Maybe a noise woke up the baby and the other daughter? It would be so nice to know how the house is laid out and where Diana was in relation to other bedrooms. At 2 am, I would assume most of the house was dark, and living in such close proximity to other homes, I would imagine there is always someone coming or going, so hearing a car pull in or hearing noises probably wouldn't seem that odd.

Also, it was reported the dog barks at everything. Yeah, so does our dog, and it rarely wakes me up unless she's right in our bedroom and even then, I usually listen for half a second before going back to sleep. I also know she will lay on the couch while the UPS driver pulls in, drops off the package, says hello without flinching and then will happily bark for 20 minutes after he leaves the driveway.

The stove thing is weird. Either someone was trying to burn down the entire house (which is really a pretty genius, no one would ever think it was anything but an accident) or someone forgot they were cooking breakfast.

While I do think it's fairly concerning Diana had a sudden shift in interests recently, especially if it coincides with the roommate. But the conflicting statements about the roommate also don't sit well with me. Is it possible that the roommate was brought up fairly early and they were told to keep hush to keep from tipping him off? Or are they just pulling ideas out of a hat? I'm pretty sure I'd know the name of the person living with me. I'm just not sure what to think about any of this.

I'm not sure I'm buying the stove story. I think there are a lot of "look! over here!"... "no, over here!" tricks going on. Just my feeling from it all.

WHile I do agree with you,I also think it is possible they are trying to cover any possibility of what happened.If it happened in my family,I would be speculating every scenario.

Whoever took the girl planned on burning the family in their sleep in order to cover up the crime, that seems rather obvious. If the lame attempt to start a fire and burn the house down had worked, it may have been 2, 3, 4 days before investigators realized a child was missing, and even then they may not be so sure.

This wasn't just a child abduction, it was an attempted murder as well..........of everybody in the house.

I agree here. While the method seems, as mentioned upstream, somewhat movie like or elementary, it could shed some light as to the mindset/psychology of the perp. He is possibly not only a brazen child abductor and possible sexual offender, but also perhaps a severly angry individual with no problem with burning to death a whole family, including 3 young siblings.

Does this indicate anything about possible planning, or lack thereof? (Due to the arson method). Was the oil and pan right there, accessible...? Did he know it would be there?

Might he have a history of starting fires? Travis Forbes, who killed Kenia Mongue, attempted to burn down the house of his next victim.

So maybe a brazen, yet disorganized killer, with a pension for starting fires?

Just brainstorming out loud. Not that any of this has any relevance.

Also, if his intention was to kill a whole family, could this indicate some kind of personal beef with the family, or was this just strictly an attempt at a cover up as you mentioned, LE not knowing she was missing? (So, why would it matter soecifically that people assume she is dead, if there's no way to link him to the crime?) Furthermore, if he's willing to kill a whole family, what does this say about his propensity for keeping Diana alive? Or could this work conversely, that he wants her alive but everyone else dead? Does he fear retaliation or that they could provide a lead as to his identity?

Were there smoke detectors in the home?

Who lets anyone esp guy stay with them and couch surf esp when they have kids? In a small trailer? What is wrong with this family? Low income or not that is just irresponsible. My kids are 11 and 7 and I am very private and protective. I am divorced and have a 4 bed 3 1/2 bedroom house and I would like to get a roommate since I have a second master bedroom, to help with bills. I would be so selective, female only and no overnight guests will be limited and absolutely none when I have my kids and they are going to be screened. Single mom would be great since I like to think moms like to be aware with who is around their kids. Stories like this make me cringe.

It's very common among Hispanic immigrants. It's usually some sort of distant relative but sometimes not. Unfortunately kids do get molestwd this way, happened to one of my best friends as a kid because her step dad rented a room to workers and one was a perv.

Who lets anyone esp guy stay with them and couch surf esp when they have kids? In a small trailer? What is wrong with this family? Low income or not that is just irresponsible. My kids are 11 and 7 and I am very private and protective. I am divorced and have a 4 bed 3 1/2 bedroom house and I would like to get a roommate since I have a second master bedroom, to help with bills. I would be so selective, female only and no overnight guests will be limited and absolutely none when I have my kids and they are going to be screened. Single mom would be great since I like to think moms like to be aware with who is around their kids. Stories like this make me cringe.

No 9 year old disappears on her own, something or someone had of taken her.

Sent from my Z755 using Tapatalk

According to this article, "stepmom" is actually bio-dad's girlfriend, and "stepdad" is actually bio-mom's live-in boyfriend.

Dad's girlfriend claims he was deported a year ago, while Mom says it was three years ago.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/loca...er-to-mexico-342b26b9-4e63-49--381460001.html

Clear as mud.

"Her daughter's room was open. Hernandez said she may have been cold because they have central air conditioning, and she might have opened the door.
"I switched on the light, covered her, and closed the door," she said.
So she covered her with a green blanket and closed her door again.
At 6:55 a.m., Hernandez said, she woke up and went to prepare another baby bottle. She saw that the stove was on. She asked Jimenez whether he had turned it on, and he said no. She doubted the kids had.
"I checked the door, and it was locked," Hernandez said.
She said she checked the two doors. She went to Diana's room — she slept by herself there — and the door was a little bit opened. Diana wasn't there, she said. The green blanket wasn't there either."

So, door that was closed was now open in the morning and the green blanket is missing.

http://www.news-press.com/story/news/2016/05/30/missing-girls-mother-waits/85157288/

Hernandez last saw Diana at 2 a.m. Saturday, when she went to the bathroom. At eight months pregnant, that's part of her routine. By 7 a.m., she peeked in at Diana's bed, and couldn't find her.

With an artistic bent, Diana uses her mother's phone to do Google searches for pictures. Hernandez said the previous three days, Diana was searching and drawing ponies.

Hernandez said the only thing out of character was an incident two months ago, when Diana brought home a paper inviting her to a classmates's home. With no phone number or addresses, Hernandez told her she couldn't go. Diana tore the paper to pieces.

I'm not sure why I can't stop myself from clicking on the threads of young children. They are often so gut wrenching. I want this baby home, looking at ponies and drawing them.

The only good thing is that if the timeline is accurate, it is tight- from 2am until 7am. That would not be a high traffic time, so hopefully they can check cameras and cell phone movement in the area.

EDIT---- Wait!! Which is it. It actually kind of matters:

Martinez said Diana Alvarez was last seen by a sister when the sister went to the bathroom Sunday morning.

http://www.news-press.com/story/new...9-year-old-lee-county-girl-underway/85127440/

I noticed that discrepancy, too... And am puzzled! :thinking:

"Hernandez last saw Diana at 2 a.m. Saturday, when she went to the bathroom. At eight months pregnant, that's part of her routine. By 7 a.m., she peeked in at Diana's bed, and couldn't find her.

As she started looking around the trailer, with Diana's younger siblings, she yelled at Jimenez to call the police.

Hernandez said she didn't know where Diana could possibly be; she has never spent the night away from her mother. They've lived at the trailer park for two years.

"All she wants, she wants her to be back home already," Neri Jimenez said."

Fort Myers missing girl's mother waits during search
http://www.news-press.com/story/news/2016/05/30/missing-girls-mother-waits/85157288/

there are two bedrooms in the home...

Multiple siblings of Diana...

so...does Diana share a room with her siblings?..... While mom and step- dad have the other bedroom?

:thinking:

That doesn't make sense if the sister was indeed the last to see her.

Because when Mom seen her at 2 a.m. her bedroom door was open. And Mom closed it. Her Sister couldn't have seen her sleeping in her bed after that. Unless, now, we have an intruder who started to take Diana, got spooked by Mom waking up, and aborted - leaving the bedroom door open. Coming back to take Diana, but still not taking her because this time sister woke up, lol. So, again, the door was left open. All in a tiny trailer too!!! The intruder was able to hide?

I wonder if Martinez is referring to her sister-in-law, Hernandez, as HER sister, which could explain the apparent discrepancy?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I suspect this person that lived with the family was revealed to police during interviews with the neighbors. I wonder if this person was at the party? Many illegals in the country and folks learn to tell nothing!

there are two bedrooms in the home...

Multiple siblings of Diana...

so...does Diana share a room with her siblings?..... While mom and step- dad have the other bedroom?

:thinking:
The property listing mentioned that there is also a den in addition to the living room that can be used as a third bedroom, so I am guessing that is where Diana slept.

Generally if it doesn't have a built in closet it can't be classified as a bedroom. My mother owns a 3,200 sq ft house that is technically just a two bedroom because of closets, but really there are five rooms that are used as bedrooms.

I wonder if Martinez is referring to her sister-in-law, Hernandez, as HER sister, which could explain the apparent discrepancy?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That makes more sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members