IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucy Hubbard, Abby’s great-aunt, lives in West Michigan. Hubbard’s brother, Cliff, is Abby’s grandfather. She said the two of them had a very special bond.

“She was a special little girl, and she had a grandpa that dearly loved her,” said Hubbard.

Hubbard said Cliff also lives in Michigan but would go down to Indiana and visit Abby often, and was with her the weekend before she went missing.

"She called and said, ‘Grandpa, I’ve signed up to play ball, and I need some equipment,” said Hubbard. “So Cliff took the day off work and went down to Delphi [and] took her shopping.”

Liberty’s grandfather said the two girls played softball together and were practicing in the backyard the day before they went missing.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...-for-first-time-she-was-a-special-little-girl
Nice name 'Lucy'. She almost made it through her interview without crying; I didn't.

Nothing definitive. JMO and many others that it may have merely been a matter of one family choosing the date that their child was found. Certainly LE is never going to give any information like that.

Since it is a public facebook group, I believe it is okay to share - in "Fundraisers And Activities For Libby And Abby", which has been publicly shared by at least Libby's family members, there are several items that list 2-14-2017 for both girls.

I think the obituaries for both girls were written while families were in a great deal of shock and that not a lot of scientific/factual thought was given when choosing the date.

Kind of scary to think that they may have still been alive and suffering until 2-14. I'm not sure that we'll find out until the perp is caught and put to trail.

Libby had on a T-shirt and sweatpants. Would she have had a pocket to hide her cell phone?

My son's sweatpants all have pockets, so I think she may have been wearing a style like he likes (nike, under armour, etc.) :)

Thank you! It's always so helpful to hear from those who have been there and actually know the area. Appreciate it! This is total curiosity not suggesting how anything happened but considering where the area is, if someone were to yell/scream do you think it would travel far enough to be heard from the bridge?
I don't believe screaming/yelling could be easily heard. There are variables, of course. If it had been summer, the trail would likely have at least some traffic mid-day. And while sound can carry further at this time of year (no leaves on trees), the homesteads are large and somewhat distant from the bridge. Also, the noise of the cars/trucks traveling on the highway that runs near there would compete with any voice carry (if you google it, you'll even see two semi trucks passing over Deer Creek on 25, which is probably less than a half mile from the bridge. So no, I really don't believe cries for help would have been easily heard.
I have to say, after hiking in Delphi, the "vibe" made me suggest to my dh that we consider carrying for our own safety (we can conceal/carry in IN). We encountered an intoxicated older man on the trails, along with a pot belly pig (yep, running at us from a distance; had our kids with us and couldn't make out what it was at first).

NIN posted a picture a few threads back about the same thing, except I think she thought it was related to a sports team in the area because another poster said it was. We both tried to find it, and came up with nothing.
Is this what you are seeing??
http://www.cafepress.com/mf/7527510...73026450850-pid-766225782&productId=766225782

I like to clarify, that another poster named a logo as a local sports team logo. I was under the impression, that we were talking about the same logo, but we were not. It was tipped it. The end.

-Nin

Okay, well, we can agree to disagree. Sgt. Slocum is actively working this case. He's not just doing PR. I think he is helping with the PIO duties when asked, but he's still assigned to the case as a detective. The backup PIO for Sgt. Riley is Sgt. Perrine.

I just think Sgt. Slocum has a happy go lucky personality. I really don't think he's putting on an act; that's just the way he is. He's tweeting out support tonight for Purdue to win their basketball game. He's a positive guy. JMO
Which is why he coaches kids and runs a summer camp.

Being a PIO doesn't negate his eighteen years of experience in LE, or in Abby and Libbys murder investigation.

It is easy to "matrix" things out of photos. It is findings faces and human figures where none exist because our brain is wired to to do just that from birth. No offence in saying but given the previous pic of the car/ hidden man from the previous pics to me is just stacked pylons on a bridge and a river bank. This appears to be sunlight reflection on a tree stump
JMO
I'm not sure if I am seeing a man really there, but it certainly does resemble a camouflage dressed individual....

Good observation and use of editing techniques.  It would certainly add a new twist to the theories that this was in fact a very well-planned, premeditated attack...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

That wasn't directed at you Lil ��

Lol, I saw a storm trooper, too. :facepalm: But if you look at the support column before it (to the left), I think they look similar when studied closely. I don't believe it's anything more than part of that column. IMO.

His extra clothing disguises what he's packing and protects him somewhat in a struggle. I'm sure he did not feel the need to disguise himself from girls who probably didn't know him and wouldn't see him again. He sure didn't think about being caught on video!

I believe he did think about being photographed, and that he did what he could to obfuscate his features. If he did not have bad intent that day at the park, I don't think he would have been wearing two hats and two coats in 49 degree weather. Even though we have a photograph of him, no one has been able to identify him ... not a family member, nor a friend, a colleague, a clerk at the corner store ... no one. The only explanation that I can think of for this is that this man does not normally wear two hats and two coats for an afternoon walk in the park.

His jeans are too clean for him to be a homeless man.

It is easy to "matrix" things out of photos. It is findings faces and human figures where none exist because our brain is wired to to do just that from birth. No offence in saying but given the previous pic of the car/ hidden man from the previous pics yo me is just sticked pylons on a bridge and a river bank. This appears to be sunlight reflection on a tree stump
JMO
I would agree with you here. I don't honestly believe it is actually a person, but based on what our brains tend to do/see, I can understand why people might make this observation. [emoji4]

I have been studying the why's (motivations) of both murderers and sexual-murderers( not including murders which are unintentional, crimes of passion, gang related, or for hire). The why's re incredibly complex, and can be broken down into a combination of factors: formative development, predispositional factors such as trauma, genetics (e.g. extra Y chromosome), reliance on early development of fantasies as opposed to object relations to achieve mastery of conflicts , paraphilia development (sexual deviations and fetishes), exposure to violence as child, poor self esteem and weak self image, and, the use of autoerotic activities/masturbation to deal with anxiety. There are more.

One major one I don't see you listed for serial killers in particular is a serious traumatic brain injury or multiple head injuries of lesser degree such as minor to moderate concussions have been linked to a lot of killers

For those who are not from Indiana our weather can be a little strange. We can go for weeks and the temp not get out of the teens. Then jump to the 50's for a day or two and back to the teens. I went back and looked at the temps for the days prior to 2/13. On 2/9 the high was 24. On 2/10 it was 43. On 2/11 it was 59. On 2/12 it was 50. Then on 2/13 it was 43. So it does not surprise me to see Abby in a spring like jacket. And IIRC Libby in a t-shirt and sweats. I am assuming that around 2-3 would be the warmest part of the day. I could see BG wearing what he is wearing in the picture early in the morning but MOO he is over dressed for this time of day. Again MOO.

I'm from Indiana and when it hits the 40's and low 50's it's like summer after a cold spell, so I know what your talking about. In a car or running in and out of a car to a store, a light jacket in those temps is all you need. But if I'm BG and I'm going to be hiding somewhere in the shade where it is cooler and might be damp, I need those extra layers to keep me warm. If I'm BG, I don't want to have to carry anything that is going to be cumbersome to slow me down or cause me to lose my mobility. A tighter fitting zip up hoodie under a jacket will hold all my "goodies" and keep them easily accessible to me. But also if I unbutton/unzip my jacket, flip my hood down, I could just walk away and look like anyone else does out for a stroll on a beautiful February day.

Later, starting at about 20:45,ISP Sgt Slocum refers to the "murderers" and did not mention "murderer or murderers" but only "the murderers." To clarify, earlier in the interview he did mention "Killer or Killers." But, he did in fact state "murderers" and not "murderer or murderers" a little after 20:45. Maybe it means he and/or others are leaning toward there being two killers or a killer and a participant as opposed to one. We already know they have not ruled out one versus two killers. Does it mean anything factually? So far, no, IMO. Who knows? I will file it under slightly curious for now, until or unless I hear additional info from LE.

http://www.wbat.com/episode/tony-slocum/
Agree. However, I was responding to the times listed, and the poster specifically quoted him to say, "murderERs" at that time stamp (which was not what he said there). They didn't go on to mention that much later in the audio, he says both. Like you, I have to wonder if there is more than one, and clearly, they are considering it as well.

Actually, Sgt. Slocum is local to the case. Delphi is part of his region as a police officer so he was called in right away when the girls went missing. The PIO for this case is Sgt. Riley out of Lafayette. But Sgt. Slocum is the one who always tweets out "today's the day" and similar positive messages. He seems to be the most optimistic of the bunch.

Okay, so I listened and the one thing that really stood out was him saying, "all kinds of bad things that should be happening to these people (and/or person)." In my opinion they really do think there was more than one person. Every time I see a non LE person talks about this case they refer to BG or him or the person who did this ...... I think that's the natural response. I think we will find out down the road that there is some major evidence that leads them to believe there are more than one suspects. JMO.

I believe he did think about being photographed, and that he did what he could to obfuscate his features. If he did not have bad intent that day at the park, I don't think he would have been wearing two hats and two coats in 49 degree weather. Even though we have a photograph of him, no one has been able to identify him ... not a family member, nor a friend, a colleague, a clerk at the corner store ... no one. The only explanation that I can think of for this is that this man does not normally wear two hats and two coats for an afternoon walk in the park.

His jeans are too clean for him to be a homeless man.
I 100% agree with you that he is wearing items to mask his true identity.

With that said though, I don't believe any of us can say, with absolute certainty, what all he is wearing. I don't think the picture is clear enough to say there are definitely 2 jackets, hoodie, hat, fanny pack, or any of the other items previously discussed. We can only make the best guess from what we can see in a very pixelated image. The only thing I would definitely suggest is that is wearing Jeans, but even then it hard to definitively say what brand, style, or how clean they are.

I totally support that he did try to disguise himself that day...regardless of the actual items he used to do so. I also agree that is what is making it so hard for him to be identified. Yet, I do believe he has been identified by someone...I believe he is in those 14,000+ tips and LE does have an idea. I am still in fact struggling with the notion that RL and BG are one in the same...

JMOO here...I hope that I don't come across as being "snarky," as I have seen it referred to. Just making my own observation. [emoji4] [emoji171]

I think we're looking for a man who has a double life, and the other life might not be shady. In fact, it may be shiny, as we have seen with some sly serial murders (e.g.: BTK).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLWho