Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't stand to see these images of where she was found.

Did you hear the officer answer whenasked if there had been an arrest? He stated "there has not been any identification yet, so no arrest." I think as soon as she is positively identified there will be an arrest (or 2??)

😥

I looked in at least 2 culverts 'beneath the road' (in Saturday Oct 14 search mentioned in Thread 2)...one just northwest of their neighborhood near McKamy Springs Park. Even took pictures to doublecheck later.

Now I wish I'd checked more of them. :(

I am surprised that LE did not do a search of the railroad track area in both directions, as far as a small 3 year old might walk at 3 am at night. if they didn't, it's because the dogs said nope, no child wandering around out here. But dogs are not 100% accurate. Ugh.

And I am wondering if the car driving at 4 am was a decoy to get LE looking further out. If she was placed in that culvert, perhaps it was so far in whoever did it thought she would not be found and her remains washed away in the winter storms.

[emoji26]

I looked in at least 2 culverts 'beneath the road' (in Saturday Oct 14 search mentioned in Thread 2)...one just northwest of their neighborhood near McKamy Springs Park. Even took pictures to doublecheck later.

Now I wish I'd checked more of them. :(
It's so wonderful that you even did this! [emoji173]️

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Did you hear the officer answer when asked if there had been an arrest? He stated "there has not been any identification yet, so no arrest." I think as soon as she is positively identified there will be an arrest (or 2??)

Maybe they've found someone who has taken the precious little girl in, and have promised to give her the life she deserves rather than the crappy hand she was dealt time and time again.
I know, I know.
:(
I just want to believe that she's out there somewhere and okay and being loved the way she should have been.
But, I guess we all know how most of these cases end. :(

If only...

Today's 2:30 p.m. presser by the Richardson PD spokesman (I didn't catch his name). Hope this is helpful. I learned a few more details during the transcription. Please pardon any spelling errors/typos. I welcome any and all corrections!

Here we go:

It’s with a heavy heart that we’ve all been called here today. Since the time Sharin Matthews was reported missing on Saturday morning October 7th, the Richardson Police Department and several other law enforcement entities have been working 24/7 to locate her.

Today at approximately 11 a.m., during one of those search operations, the body of a small child was discovered in the area of east Spring Valley Road and south Bowser (Mowser?) (? I think that’s what he said.) Road.

The area has been blocked off as a crime scene. We are awaiting the FBI’s evidence recovery team to respond and process the area. At this time, I want to let you know that a positive identification has not yet been made. The ME’s office will need to respond and take custody of the body to try to make a positive identification of the body and try to determine the exact cause of death.

Because of this, the area being marked off as a crime scene, there’s going to be some disruption to the neighborhood. We ask those who are just concerned or bystanders to try to stay out of that neighborhood and allow those neighbors privacy.

There is a staging are that we set up for the media. That staging area will be there at Bowser(Mowser?), I’m sorry — at Spring Valley and Town House, just west of the location.

I’ll take a few questions right now, but it’s only going to be a very limited amount of questions I’m going to take.

Q: (Can’t her it on my little speakers.)
A: No one has been arrested yet. We are still trying to make a positive identification on the body.

Q: (Same. Crosstalk. Something about notification process.)
A: Notification has gone to the parents, so that notification has been made.

Q: Since notification has gone to the parents, is there any reason to believe it is not that girl? Are there any other reports of missing children or anything?
A: Well the indications are that it is most likely her. However, we do not have a positive ID. So until we have a positive identification, we are not going to say that is is Sherin.

Q: Are her parents cooperating? Have you spoken to them again?
A: We have not done anything other than make notification to the parents.

Q: (crosstalk) Have the police searched this area before?
A: There are many areas that we searched. Like I said, today is just another day of continuous searching that we’ve been doing since October the 7th.

Q: (unintelligible)
A: It was in a culvert beneath the road that we found the body.

Q: What led you to search that area?
A: Just as the investigation continues to unfold, more and more stuff came to the surface. We followed up on that and it led to the search of that area with K9s and that that’s how we came across the body.

Q: How long had you been searching that property where the body was found?
A: We’ve been searching since early this morning and they found it around 11 o’clock.

Q: How far away was if from that home —
A: I don’t know for sure how far that was —
Q: I mean, was it within walking distance for a 3-year-old?
A: It depends upon the condition of the child.

Q: Without going into any more details, (something about searching around the college) Was there anything found in connection there? Anything that you can tell —
A: As I say, as this investigation continued to evolve, there were more and more areas of interest that we had, and we continued to search those areas, eliminating them as we went along.

That’s all I’ve got for now, OK. Thank you all very much.

I am surprised that LE did not do a search of the railroad track area in both directions, as far as a small 3 year old might walk at 3 am at night. if they didn't, it's because the dogs said nope, no child wandering around out here. But dogs are not 100% accurate. Ugh.

And I am wondering if the car driving at 4 am was a decoy to get LE looking further out. If she was placed in that culvert, perhaps it was so far in whoever did it thought she would not be found and her remains washed away in the winter storms.

Can someone inform those of us less knowledgeable about this case what the "car driving at 4AM" is all about? Was the dad out driving?

Agree. I'm confused as to how this area wouldn't have been searched. Maybe she was covered by grasses and the rain washed them away?

Can someone inform those of us less knowledgeable about this case what the "car driving at 4AM" is all about? Was the dad out driving?

Yes. Their car was out between 4-5am

From the bushes of India to a culvert in Texas...

This case (today especially) has been like another slap in the face reminder for me that unconditional love, being comforted, knowing you are wanted and FEELING SAFE, are not things provided to everyone. I've not lived a day of my life not feeling ALL of those things. I cannot imagine an existence of possibly never having felt any of those things.

Sherin [emoji813]beat:
I love this

Sherin [emoji173] beat

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I don't think a 3 year old would walk anywhere at 3 am in the dark. Nope. She was put there. She was hidden. She didn't do that herself.

If not been able to be on the internet much this weekend. Logging in and seeing the news. I am sitting on my hands with this one. What I am thinking would surely result in a timeout.

Poor, sweet little Sherin. She should have been given the world, and it was taken from her instead. We love her, we grieve for her. RIP little beauty, fly high. :(

That is why the dogs did not track her because she was carried there.

Just saw the news on FB. So sad. We were all expecting it, but the reality is so hard to bear.

attachment.php
attachment.php
It
is the one behind the tree/large bush on the opposite side of the tracks from the home

Attachments

• EC50494A-481A-45E1-99ED-B86135C68E56.jpg
    EC50494A-481A-45E1-99ED-B86135C68E56.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 517
  • 33F9B05E-9152-47C2-924F-F5204447055C.jpg
    33F9B05E-9152-47C2-924F-F5204447055C.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 503
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online