Caylee Anthony 3 year old General discussion #94

Status
Not open for further replies.
snipped from above quoted newsarticle: "Anthony's parents Cindy and George Anthony visited her in jail on Thursday, but an Orange County detective said Friday that details of that and other meetings would be withheld, MyFOXOrlando.com reported.

The public and media will not have access to tapes or transcripts of the meeting between Casey Anthony and her parents on Thursday, when they met at the Orlando jail where Anthony is being held on $500,000 bond..."

----
I'm betting the reason that LE is no longer releasing the jailbird's meetings with her family is b/c her attorney has told LE he'll plan to request a change of venue due to the inability to obtain a fair trial b/c of the negative way his client continued to come across in the earlier tapes and recordings...
thoughts???

He will do that anyway, my thoughts are they plan to use the tapes as part of their evidence. Her behavior and lack of concern is definitely going to be part of the trial. She is not talking to the LE, this is the only place they will be able to show her state of mind, ie not suicidal, not concerned, never asking about the investigation, never asking if Caylee has been returned, not asking if the *ahem* kidnapping babysitter has let Caylee call again.

I have a question about Lee? Why is he conspiciously absent? I was reading that earlier on the last thread. I guess it doesn't matter, but I'm still trying to figure out what happened to Caylee. Is Lee the one doing the PI work?

:waitasec:

Lee is scheduled for a 1pm visit on Saturday.

I found this information about detectives

Jail records show on July 25, Casey got a visit from Edward Phlegar, who is an investigator for her attorney Jose Baez's law firm.

Casey Dominic, another private investigator for Baez, visited Casey on Aug. 8.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2008/8/14/parents_to_visit_casey_anthony.html

It has been 2 plus months of summer heat, wouldn't any current calls about smells outdoor be beyond the point it could possibly be Caylee? Obviously the dogs could smell it, but hasn't that time come and past for this scenario?
Yes. It has.

Did anyone see the video of the secret meeting between Cindy and the detectives? It shows how she went out of her way to avoid the media.

I am wondering if LE had a little talk with the family after the whole "the kidnappers are being watched" fiasco

Did anyone see the video of the secret meeting between Cindy and the detectives? It shows how she went out of her way to avoid the media.

I hope she wasn't trying to hide from George in that secret meeting.

Can't the media petition to get access to the calls and other information? I think it was the Stanley case where the petitioned to get the 911 calls released??
They can try but if it's relevant to the investigation/evidence for trial they probaby won't get anywhere. LE has been releasing the other audio/video except for one instance that we are aware of and now this one. So something must have been said in both those visits that interest LE highly.

Change of venue is sooo difficult to get IMO. Besides this not only has national attention, it's all over the international news wires.

IMO the reasoning behind the video / meeting with Casey and her parents not being released probably has to do with some sort of a confession or implication. That's the only reason I can think of why LE would not release it.

As far as the speculation that her attorney would argue for a change of venue if the video/audio is released I think that is a moot point because he will likely do it anyway at this point as he has few cards to play for his client.

It wasn't that much of a secret since we knew about it. LOL No, I don't think she was hiding it from George. She was only trying to avoid the press, imo.

Heck, beats me. Last night was the first time I heard of that.

Can I ask another dumb question? How did anyone get Cindy's home phone number and call her at 11:30 at night hysterical? I wouldn't have a clue how to get Cindy's home number, nor would I care too. :waitasec:

It's on every Anthony myspace. It's on fliers around Orlando. It's on the Anthony vehicles. It's easy to get.

From their myspace:

Orange County Missing Persons Unit
407-254-7XXX
407-836-HELP (4357)

Detective Yuri Melich
office 407.254.7XXX (ext. 70633)

Crimeline: 1-800-423-TIPS (8477)

If you cannot get through at the numbers above or are not contacted for a follow up within 48 hours please contact Caylee's family at the phone number below:

Anthony Family Residence: 407-275-4XXX

this is what has me really confused,.. LE says that they HAVE NO CREDIBLE INFO THAT THIS WAS A KIDNAPPING but in the same breath they say this is still a missing person case and they hope Caylee is alive. So if there isn't a kidnapping and this is still a missing person case wouldn't that conclude they don't think she is dead? Are they trying to tell us that she is still missing but not due to a kidnapping,...IE maybe she was sold or "given away?" I just don't get it?!

They can try but if it's relevant to the investigation/evidence for trial they probaby won't get anywhere. LE has been releasing the other audio/video except for one instance that we are aware of and now this one. So something must have been said in both those visits that interest LE highly.

That's exactly what happened IMO

I hear ya, that makes sense. The article stated that no more calls would be released I think. I wonder if this will result in all scheduled visits going through as planned because it was said that they were canceled so they would not be heard in the public

IMO the reasoning behind the video / meeting with Casey and her parents not being released probably has to do with some sort of a confession or implication. That's the only reason I can think of why LE would not release it.

As far as the speculation that her attorney would argue for a change of venue if the video/audio is released I think that is a moot point because he will likely do it anyway at this point as he has few cards to play for his client.
They aren't being released because they are being used as leverage with the Anthony family, imo. I don't believe they contain anything earth shattering which would implicate anyone or give hint at any confession.

O/T, has anyone noticed that Cindy has lost weight? I think she has but just wondering if anyone else noticed it. IMO

I am wondering if LE had a little talk with the family after the whole "the kidnappers are being watched" fiasco

I think something is going down. Cindy was there alone. ( George is doing the billboard tour and Lee is MIA.) She avoided the media-they actually stumbled on her car being parked there. I think with last nights info and the visit things are starting to tighten up.

No video's of Casey meeting with her family have been released thus far. Only audio of phone conversations have been released,and none with George.

I think she is presumed missing for reasons other than kidnap and alive until such time as they have proof she's dead. At least that will be their public posture, though they obviously suspect something else.

O/T, has anyone noticed that Cindy has lost weight? I think she has but just wondering if anyone else noticed it. IMO

Yeah. I noticed.

I think she's an attractive woman...she doesn't look her age. But I bet the stress she's under now is aging her. :(

this is what has me really confused,.. LE says that they HAVE NO CREDIBLE INFO THAT THIS WAS A KIDNAPPING but in the same breath they say this is still a missing person case and they hope Caylee is alive. So if there isn't a kidnapping and this is still a missing person case wouldn't that conclude they don't think she is dead? Are they trying to tell us that she is still missing but not due to a kidnapping,...IE maybe she was sold or "given away?" I just don't get it?!

It's pretty simple. LE is clearly investigating this as a HOMICIDE, not a missing person. LE does not want to publicly come out and show all of their cards to the public. They are building a case brick by brick as they know this lying psychopath will lie to the end and they have to be prepared. Obviously they are wanting to find the baby alive but I think we all know that's not likely to happen as common sense when hearing the facts that LE has released dictates this evil mother killed the baby.

If LE were treating this as a missing person case they would have released a sketch of the babysitter, they wouldn't be searching in the woods or with cadaever dogs, etc.

I remember with the Laci Peterson case there were so many rumors and assumptions out there and we didn't really know if LE was looking at the case as a homicide or missing persons... They were doing the same thing as the LE in this case, holding their cards close to the vest. When they found the bodies everything changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nahnah_2015