Poll: Should LP accept 200K for Search

Should LP accpet the 200K to continue to search for Caylee?

• Yes

Votes: 249 65.5%
  • No

Votes: 84 22.1%
  • I am not sure

Votes: 47 12.4%

• Total voters
I voted not sure. If he did it with LE's blessing, then it would be okay. As much as I want her to be found, I don't want anything jeopardizing the prosecution's case.

No you dont. Trust me, it wasn't pretty. :furious:

I can't understand what this world is coming to when the death of a little girl and the search for her body becomes a money making media event. Sorry, I don't for one second believe that LP, as the star of the show, will not be making money for himself, and SHAME on whichever media outlet it is that wants exclusive rights. A child is dead for gosh sakes, remember Caylee?

You know, the saddest part of this whole thing is that the only reason the $200k is being offered is because we, the people who claim to care so much about Caylee, would be so eager to tune in and watch when/if her remains are recovered. Someone is hoping to make big profits off this $200k investment...and when they do, they can have a big party to celebrate Caylee's death.

I'm with you Chilly. Where's the respect and dignity for little Caylee in this deal? Would any one of us want to be seen on camera being pulled from the mud and water? This whole scenario reaks to me and is in extremely poor taste. I know we all want her found but it has to be for the right reasons.

I can't understand what this world is coming to when the death of a little girl and the search for her body becomes a money making media event. Sorry, I don't for one second believe that LP, as the star of the show, will not be making money for himself, and SHAME on whichever media outlet it is that wants exclusive rights. A child is dead for gosh sakes, remember Caylee?

You know, the saddest part of this whole thing is that the only reason the $200k is being offered is because we, the people who claim to care so much about Caylee, would be so eager to tune in and watch when/if her remains are recovered. Someone is hoping to make big profits off this $200k investment...and when they do, they can have a big party to celebrate Caylee's death.
Let me say it again...in case you missed it.

People have been making money off missing people for as long as people have gone missing, imo. The media is only one example. We can't say that it is not justified nor can we say it is flat out wrong. Without the media making money to run their stations, drive their trucks, pay their reporters, pay their staffs, and keep the stations on the air...the plight of missing people would go largely unnoticed as before. We beg for the media to cover missing person cases and we gladly watch their coverage to raise their numbers to create an avenue to make more money.

The people who should not make money off missing people are the perps (accused or convicted), the families of the perps, and others who could have been involved with the perps. Also, people who are making money for or in concert with those I just mentioned.

I also think that he needs to search a different location than Blanchard Park. Judging by KC, GA and CA's reaction to hearing that bones were found, I'm 99.9% positive that she is not there.

If Caylee can be found...that needs to happen.

I don't care if LP gets exposure. He's already gotten exposure. So have NG and Greta. So has the Today show. And Good Morning America. Every true crime writer in existance makes money because of victims.

Anyone who has tuned in to those shows or watched anything streamed in has helped in the hype.

Should Caylee be found I'd consider it a blessing. Caylee could be appropriately buried and we'd be closer to the truth and justice. That is the best possible ending left.

IMO

Excellent points! Even Background Checks that advertise on this site have probably profitted from Caylee's disappearance, it doesn't mean they are evil.

I spoke with Leonard a little while ago and told him to take the money. He will get NO money out of this deal,The money will go only toward the search for Caylee, he makes NOTHING off it. Period, the end.

I told him to do it, whatever it takes to get Caylee home.

:blowkiss:
ABSOLUTELY!

Just out of curiousity if the Anthony's signed a similar deal and a search took place would you support those efforts as well? I am guessing their motivation would instantly come under scrutiny.

If paying the As to assist with the search would help find Caylee, I'd say go for it. Maybe someone should offer them some cash and perhaps they'd stop playing the games they've been playing and would start to genuinely assist with the search efforts. If that would get them off their bottoms and out helping look for her, I'd say pay the people. If they are found to be complicit in some way with the crime, I'd also say they should be subjected to the same rules re profitting as any other criminal and the money should be taken from them.

But overall, I basically agree with SeriouslySearching re the families of criminals making money off the crimes....I think it is off.

I also think that he needs to search a different location than Blanchard Park. Judging by KC, GA and CA's reaction to hearing that bones were found, I'm 99.9% positive that she is not there.

I'd like them to check George's pings to see where he was travelling to at the relevant times.

People have been making money off missing people for as long as people have gone missing, imo. The media is only one example. We can't say that it is not justified nor can we say it is flat out wrong. Without the media making money to run their stations, drive their trucks, pay their reporters, pay their staffs, and keep the stations on the air...the plight of missing people would go largely unnoticed as before. We beg for the media to cover missing person cases and we gladly watch their coverage to raise their numbers to create an avenue to make more money.

The people who should not make money off missing people are the perps (accused or convicted), the families of the perps, and others who could have been involved with the perps. Also, people who are making money for or in concert with those I just mentioned.
:clap::clap::clap:

For all of you that voted yes, would you want someone filming the recovery of one your loved ones remains?

I didn't think so.

:clap::clap:

People, including good people, also make money off cancer, heart disease, even AIDS. They charge people for grief counselling, make money off funerals and it goes on and on.

And IMO, it seems they do remember Caylee and are apparently about the only ones still interested in searching for her. I don't understand your bitterness towards those wanting to continue the search. I think you are forgetting it is about justice for Caylee, not about LP, movie companies or anything else, and IMO, whatever gives Caylee the best chance at justice is the best thing...and I think we have a far better chance of seeing justice done if they can find her and support all efforts of people trying to do just that.

If it were about justice for Caylee, the money would be donated anonymously with no strings attached. LP, if his only interest is justice, would search quietly, without intentionally creating a media circus everywhere he goes. At this point it IS about movie companies, wanting to make a profit - that's what this 'deal' is all about.

The fact is, LP has no more idea than anyone as to where little Caylee's body is. His whole search effort is NOTHING but a staged media event. When and if there is credible information as to Caylee's whereabouts LE will resume the search, quietly and with the dignity little Caylee deserves.

Excellent points! Even Background Checks that advertise on this site have probably profitted from Caylee's disappearance, it doesn't mean they are evil.

Well, so far, LP has only LOST money because of this case, so I don't see where it's so bad.
I know that a big part of the donations to TES goes to buying and maintaining equipement, travel expenses, etc. but Tim and his staff also have to pay themselves at some point because I doubt if any of them work for nothing, and they all have bills to pay.
Some didn't think it was so bad because Murt was asking for donations so that he could keep his streaming video going, just so they could get to keep watching it live as it happened.
What's the difference?

For all of you that voted yes, would you want someone filming the recovery of one your loved ones remains?

I didn't think so.

If that was the only way that loved one could be found and laid to rest, I'd say definitely yes.

would it be a show like americas most wanted, Jane doe autopsy show? (dont know the right name for this show-about someone dies and they try and find out how, who and why) any other shows that talk about poeple missing.....or dead and missing.....

I dont know....I have mixed feelings on this.....I voted yes...only if its done respectful and filming about the journey into finding her....and not just the remains of her ( that I would hope would not be shown or shared) .....I hope that makes since.....we are doing no differnt here talking and sluething as LP may do doing a story on KC and trying to find Caylee....I have learned so much from sluething here....but I would want the money to only go towards the efforts of finding Caylee....the same as any other org that takes money for the same thing.....differnce in LP idea is he will be filming it.....you know that someone will end up making a movie out of all this....and even CA is going to write a book....its done all the time......but Im still on the fence....but voted yes...because I want Caylee found.....found with out a profit!

People, including good people, also make money off cancer, heart disease, even AIDS. They charge people for grief counselling, make money off funerals and it goes on and on.

And IMO, it seems they do remember Caylee and are apparently about the only ones still interested in searching for her. I don't understand your bitterness towards those wanting to continue the search. I think you are forgetting it is about justice for Caylee, not about LP, movie companies or anything else, and IMO, whatever gives Caylee the best chance at justice is the best thing...and I think we have a far better chance of seeing justice done if they can find her and support all efforts of people trying to do just that.

Bunny, with ADR I understand your message within your post but it's not about "Justice for Caylee" either. That would a be just a bonus. IMO, it's about finding Caylee for the sake of finding her and putting her to rest. That's the best thing and would bring comfort to all that have been worried on all our sleepless nights that she has not been at peace.

While I agree searches should continue, I don't think this is the way to go about it. Get LE involved at the very least, that way there's little chance of compromising the investigation.

If it were about justice for Caylee, the money would be donated anonymously with no strings attached. LP, if his only interest is justice, would search quietly, without intentionally creating a media circus everywhere he goes. At this point it IS about movie companies, wanting to make a profit - that's what this 'deal' is all about.

The fact is, LP has no more idea than anyone as to where little Caylee's body is. His whole search effort is NOTHING but a staged media event. When and if there is credible information as to Caylee's whereabouts LE will resume the search, quietly and with the dignity little Caylee deserves.

Babies are in cancer wards, getting treatment at high prices all over the world. Doctors demand to get paid for treating them...are you saying that if the doctors really cared they would do it for free and that they don't deserve our respect because they charge for child oncology services??? Frankly, I don't get why any of this matters. I want her found, and if NG, LP, TES make money out of it, then so be it....as long as the poor baby is given every chance at being properly laid to rest.

Just out of curiousity if the Anthony's signed a similar deal and a search took place would you support those efforts as well? I am guessing their motivation would instantly come under scrutiny.

I believe that "Caylee is alive" is misinformation being put out to "save the perp".

I don't support aiding perps.

Well, so far, LP has only LOST money because of this case, so I don't see where it's so bad.
I know that a big part of the donations to TES goes to buying and maintaining equipement, travel expenses, etc. but Tim and his staff also have to pay themselves at some point because I doubt if any of them work for nothing, and they all have bills to pay.
Some didn't think it was so bad because Murt was asking for donations so that he could keep his streaming video going, just so they could get to keep watching it live as it happened.
What's the difference?

LP obviously has lost nothing if someone has offered to pony up 200k. He made an investment and it is now paying off.

Murt asking for donations to keep his 'ghoul' cam running is reprehensible. If he was truly interested in helping, he would have searched like many other concerned volunteers did. He offered NO VALUE to this search except to keep rubber neckers and curiosity seekers entertained.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back