FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about the evidence they found.....Does anyone know how many times it has rained there since the search started? My first thought was blood, sorry to be graphic....but then I wondered about the weather and the effects of it.

I think this is the first, since the dissapearance. I am 50 miles south and the we haven't had any rain all week and today's rain hasn't even reached us yet. It is a cold front coming down the state causing the rain.

We had a toddler that disappeared off a dock in Southern Utah last year. Her mother was tying her brothers shoes or something and then the little girl was just gone. IIRC, dive teams didn't find her for close to a week. The water was just very murky and the muck at the bottom was deep.

I hope I'm wrong, but my mind just wondered to a thought that LE has now gave the families a bit more information as to what they have un-covered thus leading them to believe it was a stranger abduction with their clues which could have motivated Marie to apologize now.

I just don't see marie apologizing as bitter as she is for no reason other than her conscious. I say this because of their very own families lifestyles and facts we've learned concerning her own daughters behavior and losing custody they certainly held no right to pass judgement upon another like the custodial father doing all the work in supporting and raising her grandkids that she rarely saw, but had lots of opinions as to how they acted and what they did as children on a daily basis.

Excellent point! Something made Marie do an about face. I wonder what?

Sorry if this has already been answered, but where can I go to read the court documents? TIA
On the media thread - its on the front page of this forum.

I think this is the first, since the dissapearance. I am 50 miles south and the we haven't had any rain all week and today's rain hasn't even reached us yet. It is a cold front coming down the state causing the rain.

Thank_You!!!! :blowkiss:

SWAG1959 posted on the other page:

"You guys do realize that there are LEACHS out there dontcha?
L = Law
E = Enforcement
A = Acting as
C = Children
H

They do this all the time - setting these scumbags up so they can bust them."

Exactly! This is what I mentioned earlier when it was suggested someone call LE to report a 13 year old talking to a SO.

I am wondering if they found hair possible caught on bushes or trees.

I was speculating more along lines of cigarette butts, or beer cans eg in either outbuilding or maybe van...?

If they found this print, surely didn't they find an adults prints with it? It would only stand to reason. If one one set of prints were found, would lead me to think the child wandered off on their own. But if I understand it right, they only have one print of a childs, so who was carrying said child?

(snipped) I had a similar reaction last nite... ie posted that it sounded more like Haleigh wandered off alone. But then I remembered it said child's prints were tracked there "...and back." So that makes me wonder was this normal? Haleigh and her bro eg were allowed, on that day and on others, to just roam the woods alone? YES... many of us as children including my brothers and I grew up that way, but good grief--those days are SO OVER. JMO

:parrot:

I think when we see things come out about the bio mom and her family...you may change your mind. ;)

Oh, I know, I know. I am just so sad for those children. It seems that they would be in a bad situation no matter who they were with. Drugs, alleged abuse, fighting between dad and mom, etc. I know there are so many situations like this all over the country, but this is just breaking my heart.

Thanks for the update guys. Does the comment, change the "type of investigation", make anyone else think this will move from a missing person abduction to a homicide investigation soon?

IDK...It could be changing from a search to a recovering.

I think when we see things come out about the bio mom and her family...you may change your mind. ;)

We had an employee that worked for us. She was clean for 3 years when we hired her. BUT...when she was pregnant she was on drugs, which caused the children to have some health issues. It was very difficult for her to keep her children. CPS was always checking in on her and the kids. The father was waaaay worse, that's why she kept them (one did get taken and adopted out to a family member).

To do drugs while pregnant is a criminal offense. That may be why...but I'm not sure. The type of health conditions these children have, are the type that drug addicted babies get.

Something made Marie do an about face. I wonder what?
Maybe she is worried he knows all their intimate details and could make those public if he were to stoop to their level. Maybe LE is concentrating on her family's camp and she is feeling the pressure building there. Maybe because someone finally sat her down and explained the public is going to go against her and her family for acting like she has towards the father of her missing grandchild.

I hope I'm wrong, but my mind just wondered to a thought that LE has now gave the families a bit more information as to what they have un-covered thus leading them to believe it was a stranger abduction with their clues which could have motivated Marie to apologize now.

I just don't see marie apologizing as bitter as she is for no reason other than her conscious. I say this because of their very own families lifestyles and facts we've learned concerning her own daughters behavior and losing custody they certainly held no right to pass judgement upon another like the custodial father doing all the work in supporting and raising her grandkids that she rarely saw, but had lots of opinions as to how they acted and what they did as children on a daily basis.
This does make sense, such a turn around so quickly...

I'm trying to explain it in a way that LE is not knowingly lying. I don't think they would in this situation, even in a Macciavellian way, because of the negative PR backlash.

I don't think LE is lieing. Sorry if it sounded that way!
:blowkiss:

It doesn't matter if one was the "lesser of two evils," if neither was willing to provide a safe, appropriate environment nor able to be a healthy, positive influence upon these children. Yes it's regrettable when State has to remove them from either parent, but at least we'd probably know where Haleigh is! JMO

:(

Twitter: sky is clearing in Palatka. hot and humid. Volunteers still trickling in.
3 minutes ago from mobile web

My heart is just breaking for the conditions under which some children are allowed to be raised. It isn't about income or even educational level either, it is about priorities for God's sake! It is about VALUING our children enough to make the necessary sacrifices. Enough to settle disputes between parents privately instead of exposing them to bitterness and retaliation. Enough to be careful who we allow into their lives. Good Lord I have HAD it with "adults" acting like children--only I don't mean childlike I mean childish and selfish. OMG just LOOK at this seedy cast of characters, and the cesspool of child predators all lurking w/in a mile or two. I'm just disgusted. Where is this litte baby? All these so called "adults," but it doesn't seem like anyone was putting Haleigh or her brother first. Sorry, but this guy sounds like the dad from downunder--LOOK at this guy's rap sheet--and his gf is a child herself and wth happened to HER parents anyway? Disgusted. Sorry for the rant. It's just never seemed so clear that in some cases, what we have aren't simply innocent parents of an abused child or abduction but an accident waiting to happen, a trainwreck in motion. JMO
Speaking from the experience of a retired Foster Parent, I had alot of questions about children that *I* felt should not be returned to their parents because of "housekeeping issues, rap sheets basically all that was mentioned above." The answer I got was "not every parent, parents the same way we do. If we took children for reasons listed above, they would be in orphanages because we do not have enough foster homes to take these children. UNLESS it is proven these children are being neglected, or abused, (physically, mentally, medically or sexually) DFCS can not take these children from the parents." It truely takes something like this for DFCS to really be able to take these children. SAD BUT TRUE!! It is a sad world we live in, these children only know what they know. They will raise their children the same way they were raised, that is all they know. It breaks my heart that children have to endure the things they do to be able to get out of a dangerous situation.:furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann