"G (Guilty)" vs "NG (Not Guilty)" Where do you stand? #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I would challenge a Judge as to what he knows. What he knew when he made his statement about Ms Anthony and the truth had to be limited based on when it was that he made the statement. I still say at that point in time, Shame on you Judge for making a statement like that in the peoples court of law. He set the tone for the press to make a big case out of this. He may indeed be the reason we end up with a change of venue costing us even more money. I see a Judge as a Stuart of the court, not the owner of the court. I have no tolerance for Judges to make comments like these. Now it will cost us even more money. He needs to control his temper and he seems to be doing much better now.

I wish I could understand how a "Wisconsin" resident was paying for a trial in Florida:waitasec:
AFAIC, Judge S had every right to say what he did considering that Casey would not utter one helpful word to assist LE in finding her "kidnapped" daughter.

I do not believe it was a stretch for the public to believe KC was lying from Day 1. KC is responsible for the lies and trying to pass them off as the truth when she was clearly lying is an insult to the court. And it was KC who was responsible for the kidnapping story wasting valuable resources of the State. Obviously by the judge's statement alone he had a pretty good handle on what she had been up to and what he was dealing with.

JB has done more to put this case in the public eye with his "press conferences" and misstatements than anyone from the state. Then we have her parents, enough said.

I have also heard other judges speaking at arrainment hearings in such a matter. The lastest I believe was the Sowell case.

I don't think I would challenge a Judge as to what he knows. What he knew when he made his statement about Ms Anthony and the truth had to be limited based on when it was that he made the statement. I still say at that point in time, Shame on you Judge for making a statement like that in the peoples court of law. He set the tone for the press to make a big case out of this. He may indeed be the reason we end up with a change of venue costing us even more money. I see a Judge as a Stuart of the court, not the owner of the court. I have no tolerance for Judges to make comments like these. Now it will cost us even more money. He needs to control his temper and he seems to be doing much better now.

Why was the truth limited at the time Judge S. made the statement? Casey Anthony lied to investigators who were focused on and trying to find her two yr. old daughter. Not only was Judge Strickland privy to these lies. The whole world was privy to the lies. Judge Strickland set the tone for the press??? Casey Anthony is the person who set the tone for the press with the dishonesty and lies that have been confirmed by everyone she has been associated with. You have no tolerance for Judges who make comments like these??? I have no tolerance for dishonesty and lies when it comes to the welfare of children.;)

So because a wooded area has garbage in it, that should be considered somehow exculpatory in your view? That would be like saying since there were other cars in the Amscot parking lot, somehow that fact benefits the defense?

Nobody has demonstrated that the prosecution or defense are planning on using the gatorade bottle or syringe as evidence. It may very well be just potential pieces of evidence that were tested and found unrelated. That does not benefit anyone, and it doesn't add to any discussion of guilty or not guilty.

Note also that I never stated in my earlier post that it was evidence. As you like to say, please don't put words in my mouth.

For example, many attorneys hold the syringe to be highly inculpatory. However, I saw it to be exculpatory as soon as I read about what the lab had found.

With so many contridictions in the same post there is nothing left to discuss or consider with your stand.

I wish I could understand how a "Wisconsin" resident was paying for a trial in Florida:waitasec:
AFAIC, Judge S had every right to say what he did considering that Casey would not utter one helpful word to assist LE in finding her "kidnapped" daughter.

I think what he "did" was give her what she wanted and that was to get out of jail. Actions speak louder than words. He certainly has a right to say it, but he has to pay for the consequences. (IE change of venue)

I feel that Casey's right to a fair trial is all of our rights to a fair trial whether it is in Florida or any other state. I think the state of Florida takes in some Federal Dollars. No?

If she is Guilty, then why do we have to go down all these silly avenues of approach? Nothing seems to be panning out and that is why I am on the fence.

I said earlier that I will happily acknowledge a link from the state of Florida.

Please understand, I don't really care if the death penalty is available for felony murder, because Casey is not charged with felony murdrer, and I consider that proper and appropriate. For my assessment of the evidence that we know of does not provide a basis for charging Casey with felony murder.

I well understand too that felony murder in Florida is based on proximate cause and not agency, and that there are three degrees of felony murder available in Florida, which -- though I hold to be great as far as dealing with a just charge -- further complicates a law that is greatly misunderstood across the nation. So yes, I will wait for a link from the state of Florida, for as I said earlier, I consider Florida to be totally screwed up in this arena.

HTH

Here you go. Doesn't get any more definitive then this. Here is the actual statute and bill for Florida. Linked to the Florida government website.

http://www.flsenate.gov/data/session/2001/House/bills/analysis/pdf/2001h0375z.cpcs.pdf

Page 2 section B describes Felony Murder and Page 3 lists the sentence. It is a Capitol Offense in Florida.

I agree. Many people have decided that the evidence we know proves beyond a reasonable doubt that Casey committed a premeditated murder. They've concluded this to be true in spite of the fact that required highly reliable inculpatory evidence in not known to the public.

This represents critically flawed reasoning. Though it's anything but unusual to find such in crime forums.
What an insult to so many posters on this forum! There are many ACTUAL lawyers on here who are highly credible. As a lay person your opinions are just that...opinions.
Many posters at WS have worked very hard on this case and provided good information.Most posters don't seem to be here with an agenda,such as bashing our judicial system,the best one in the world.Most want justice for Caylee,a child many of us have come to care about.
You have already stated that if KC is found guilty you will consider it another msicarraige of justice[paraphrasing],which means you have already made up YOUR mind without even hearing the case.How is that?

One other very compelling issue which will come up at trial. The jury will be dealing with the death of a child, senseless, thrown away like trash, Mom too busy partying to care. SA will ask for justice for Caylee and for defense to say someone other than KC did it and we do not have to explain who or why???? Motive, opportunity and access to the child. Mom had it all.
...and you would think that a mother who claims she's innocent would be doing everything in her power to make sure the guilty person is brought to justice. Casey is the ONLY person who has direct knowledge of what happened. LE not allowing her to tell her story is a crock IMO. LE wanted any tiny bit of info to aid them in finding Caylee. She wasn't initially accused of murder. She was accused of lying (and IMO hindering an investigation). Ask any mother if they's sit idly by munching snacks while the killer of their child remained free. They'd be talking to anyone who'd listen.

Why was the truth limited at the time Judge S. made the statement? Casey Anthony lied to investigators who were focused on and trying to find her two yr. old daughter. Not only was Judge Strickland privy to these lies. The whole world was privy to the lies. Judge Strickland set the tone for the press??? Casey Anthony is the person who set the tone for the press with the dishonesty and lies that have been confirmed by everyone she has been associated with. You have no tolerance for Judges who make comments like these??? I have no tolerance for dishonesty and lies when it comes to the welfare of children.;)

Well I assume the whole truth was not out there ( and still isn't) based on all the investigating and reports since his statement. When the police are asking a lot of questions, that means they don't know what happened. Where is there proof that Casey lied to investigators? It hasn't even been cross examined yet. The Judges own actions sided with the defense and let her out on bail. These Children deserve the whole truth.

Ok now your not clear what Florida's position is after having stated it was a fact Florida did not maintain the DP for Felony murder.

So which is it? Is it a fact, your opinion, or your not sure? What did you base this "fact" on? Was it a reading of Edmund like my assumption was?

I gave links to the website that provides info on the DP being applied to Felony murder in Florida. Those links then have other links that will provide you with the info from the Bureau of Justice statistics. A very reliable source and handy info site.

I will go ahead and assume that Florida does maintain the DP for felony murder as a fact (based on provided links) unless you can provide a link stating otherwise.
Not clear...and may I add...now it's kinda screwed up.

What an insult to so many posters on this forum! There are many ACTUAL lawyers on here who are highly credible. As a lay person your opinions are just that...opinions.
Many posters at WS have worked very hard on this case and provided good information.Most posters don't seem to be here with an agenda,such as bashing our judicial system,the best one in the world.Most want justice for Caylee,a child many of us have come to care about.
You have already stated that if KC is found guilty you will consider it another msicarraige of justice[paraphrasing],which means you have already made up YOUR mind without even hearing the case.How is that?

Reasoning ahead of required evidence is a critical error in applied logic.

Well I assume the whole truth was not out there ( and still isn't) based on all the investigating and reports since his statement. When the police are asking a lot of questions, that means they don't know what happened. Where is there proof that Casey lied to investigators? It hasn't even been cross examined yet. The Judges own actions sided with the defense and let her out on bail. These Children deserve the whole truth.

Clearly lets hope they are not pinning their hopes on the truth coming from KC.

Where is the proof that she lied? You must be kidding, right?

Clearly lets hope they are not pinning their hopes on the truth coming from KC.

I totally agree with you here. I think we should look at the evidence and cross examine the evidence. I don't think we should be relying on Casey to prove that she is guilty. I think she is not guilty based on the evidence upon further examination doesn't pan out anything that would make me think she is guilty.

In response to the sentence I bolded.

KC took the investigators to her "work" to go to her "office".

Telling LE you work somewhere when you don't is "lying to an investigator". She was caught red-handed.

(http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Anthony,%20Casey%20No%202-0721.pdf)

I think what he "did" was give her what she wanted and that was to get out of jail. Actions speak louder than words. He certainly has a right to say it, but he has to pay for the consequences. (IE change of venue)

I feel that Casey's right to a fair trial is all of our rights to a fair trial whether it is in Florida or any other state. I think the state of Florida takes in some Federal Dollars. No?

If she is Guilty, then why do we have to go down all these silly avenues of approach? Nothing seems to be panning out and that is why I am on the fence.

I don't believe Judge Strickland's "statement of fact" will have any bearing on a change of venue. However, if the trial is heard in another venue, I have a feeling Judge S. will continue to sleep well at night.

It is, of course, your opinion that nothing seems to be panning out. IMO, the "totality" of the circumstantial evidence is very convincing.

I totally agree with you here. I think we should look at the evidence and cross examine the evidence. I don't think we should be relying on Casey to prove that she is guilty. I think she is not guilty based on the evidence upon further examination doesn't pan out anything that would make me think she is guilty.
With all due respect...huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members