2010.03.30 Divers search St. Johns-LE seeks evidence for Volusia County investigation

Suppose if they're looking for a "weapon" used in a slaying, as opposed to a gun, specifically, it might not be made of metal.

Eta: never mind, I didn't notice the other link specified Ms. Boehm being shot to death.

:waitasec: Good question, I would think that they would be pulling all sorts of metal objects out of the water with some type of metal detector. So, could this mean they are looking for other? :banghead: I know LE needs to keep most close to the vest, but I sure hope they are at least updating the family about what is all going on. I could not imagine being a family member to either cases not knowing if the search was pertaining to my love one.
What caught my attention was the article that was written by By Larry Sullivan. Take note of what he is reporting.

ITA MADJGNLAW!

IMO, there is a direct contridiction in what he is speaking about. First he says it is for the 2 year old case, then he says he can't say which case it is about.

IMO, that only means to me what he was told to tell the media, and the reason they are actually search the river are not the same.

JMO, but even if LE is out searching for a gun thrown into the river 2 years prior, and LE comes across something important for the HaLeigh investigation, then more power to them. It is nice to see LE searching.

whatever they are really searching they want the person who put it there to know they are on to them. jmo

I have been gone a few days so am only now catching up, but I'd suspect this search had something to do with Haleigh if GGM showed up at the scene.

I have been gone a few days so am only now catching up, but I'd suspect this search had something to do with Haleigh if GGM showed up at the scene.

I didn't realize GGS was at the scene. :waitasec:

I didn't realize GGS was at the scene. :waitasec:

Pretty sure she was at Court today for Ron's pre-trial.

I bet if GGM was at the scene, Ger would have gotten a picture of her. :angel:

She wasn't at the scene, which leads me to question whether this particular search of the river has anything to do with Haleigh. She surely did make it to the Mondex tuit suite!

something like a gun years ago in a big river would be so hard...............
something tells me a 'container'????
Did someone slip something out?
In Sandra Cantu case I read women usually box a child up and put in water (womb)
MEN THROW AWAY OR BURY.
I am praying that something is found to help Haleigh get JUSTICE!!!
I haven't been on due to an illness and 2 funerals............but caught this and find it so interesting.
BTW, GER GREAT PICTURES!!!!! thank you!

I would love to be looking into the eyes of GGS and TN right about now just to see any reaction.

I'd love to hear what MC & RC have to say about this. Would be very telling. Whether it's something like "they won't find anything" or "there's nothing there" as opposed to "hopefully they'll find something that points to who took Haleigh"

Well, after looking over all the photo's( GER thank you so much) I have to say that my opinion is that Law Enforcement were not looking for any gun used in a murder that occurred 2 or 3 years ago. I am just not buying that. That water is so so bad murky...the article yesterday said that they were feeling around with their hands? It seems as though there might have been a better way to search for a metal object of that size...in water that looked like that. JMO

If LE were telling a story a more believable one in my opinion would have been to say they were involved in a multi-jurisdictional training exercise, that looked more like what they were doing. Does anyone know if they finished or if they gave media any statements today? How long were they out there today? TIA JMO

She wasn't at the scene, which leads me to question whether this particular search of the river has anything to do with Haleigh. She surely did make it to the Mondex tuit suite!

Well, the "story" went last time that GGM's LE "sources" informed her last time about the Mondex search being related to HaLeigh, and that is why she rushed over (wouldn't MOST concerned relatives want to be there)?

If this search of the St. John's was related to HaLeigh, wouldn't GGM's "sources" in LE have relayed the information to her again this time? Since no one in the family is there, perhaps the information being reported is true - that this is really about the murder of Karen Boehm.

Investigators from the Daytona Beach Shores Department of Public Safety and the State Attorney’s Homicide Investigation Unit recently developed information that the led them to Putnam County in the search for evidence in the slaying of Karen Boehm, who was killed on July 22, 2007.
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/23002986/detail.html

I have to say, if this is NOT related to Ms. Boehm's case, this is very unfair to her family, to have her case dragged up, and her family have their hopes raised.

That's what I've said twice now. If this search had anything to do with Haleigh, I'd expect GGM to be there at the search. She has not been, as far as I'm aware.

Thinking back about some of the things that were said about Ron and a certain bridge, and looking at the pictures that GER has so kindly shared makes one wonder what was LE really searching for.

"snip" from the pictures that GER has shared.
I noticed in one picture from today on post 176, an odd image in the water. Take a look Pictures of Putnam County - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Creepy!

I also noticed in her picture posted 3/9/2010 GER shares that On Hwy. 17 there is another bridge and waterway that needs to be crossed in order to get from Satsuma to Palatka. The water is Dunns Creek the bridge is Dunns' Creek Bridge. Dunns Creek empties into the St. Johns River at one end and at the other, ends in Crescent City at Lake Crescent.
A big Thank You to GER for all the wonderful pictures! :blowkiss:

Thinking back about some of the things that were said about Ron and a certain bridge, and looking at the pictures that GER has so kindly shared makes one wonder what was LE really searching for.

"snip" from the pictures that GER has shared.
I noticed in one picture from today on post 176, an odd image in the water. Take a look Pictures of Putnam County - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Creepy!

I also noticed in her picture posted 3/9/2010 GER shares that On Hwy. 17 there is another bridge and waterway that needs to be crossed in order to get from Satsuma to Palatka. The water is Dunns Creek the bridge is Dunns' Creek Bridge. Dunns Creek empties into the St. Johns River at one end and at the other, ends in Crescent City at Lake Crescent.
A big Thank You to GER for all the wonderful pictures! :blowkiss:

BBM MADJ....I was looking through GER's pics this afternoon and noticed that her pics were dated for the 9th. Makes me wonder if LE reads WS. I am still trying to find a connection between the alleged shooter and that part of Florida, haven't come across anything at all.

Sorry my house just started going nuts - someone rang the doorbell - 3 dogs started barking and my ears went.....LOL Had to pull out the earbuds for a minute to regather my hearing ....

sorry for the O/T posts everyone - I deleted them all - when my house started going crazy I hit the forum thread tab and was in the wrong thread - you are not all nuts - you're NOT in the scanner thread - LOL :smile:
I was in the wrong thread - what I get for trying to do more than 1 thing at a time :floorlaugh:

Any news on this search?

What are they saying is the reason for this search?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NurseTM
Back