TH's emails shed light on Horman split

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my thought, I think the fact that TY is a detective (even though in a different part of the state) that he is able to get information from other detectives that are in the area of this investigation....Now when I say info I am not saying that any of the lead detectives or the ones working on this case are speaking to him, but trust me there are other detectives within that jurisdiction that know alot about the inter workings of this case, And I would imagine that they are sharing bits and pieces of information with him which in turn is going to KH and DY, you can tell from the interviews that there is more they know and they are choosing there words very wisely as to not give out any pertinent information that could harm the investigation, But I would bet my last dollar that they know alot more than they are able to speak about....The blue blood runs deep within the police forces and one jurisdiction knowing that there is a step son missing of a detective in another jurisdiction would be a direct pipeline to information.

Well, that depends. Tony could be purposely keeping himself removed from the case, and not be aware of any more information than Kaine or Desiree would be told. Normally, the family is made aware of certain details which the public and the media are not privy to anyway. Or he could be taking full advantage of his resources which are available to LE personnel but not to the public. Who knows? There is definitely a certain "brotherhood" within LE... that's true. Whether he would take advantage of that or not, I don't know, but I don't see a problem with it if he has. In fact, I would be surprised to learn he didn't.

Yeah, I was totally doubting a local network would pay 350,000 for Terri's emails. Good grief, that would be insane. Now a major network coughcoughABCcough might pay a lot of money for a total exclusive on the case. Hmmm, seems one major network already did that in the Casey Anthony case...

I just can't see anyone thinking that Terri's story is worth that at this point unless her lawyer is negotiating deals on her turning herself in or eventually being convicted. Or, he's saying she's going to be proven totally innocent and is selling her story based on that. I would really, seriously hope he is far better than Baez, though.

My cat Milo is. :angel:

I feel like an intruder commenting about this case. I admit, I haven't followed it closely in the past month or so and you all know so much more than me.
But...............something bothered me when I read those emails linked on the last page. Oh good grief! It took me an hour to verify I did recall something from the beginning of the case.

From the link about the emails:

http://www.katu.com/news/local/100323934.html
Terri Horman e-mails: 'They are blaming me'
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>snip>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Horman went on to talk about Kyron’s recent behavior:

"The past 2 weeks he's been acting really weird. Staring off into space. Can't remember anything. Walks into the room and then back out, stopping to stare and then move on. The doc thinks that he is having mini seizures and I made an appt on Thursday for next Friday to have him checked out."

That contradicts what multiple sources have told KATU News. In the days before the science fair, Terri informed Kyron’s teacher he had the appointment that day, June 4, which is why no one expected he would be in class and was marked absent.

But from the very beginning of the case:
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/friend_says_terry_moulton_horm.html

Friend: Terri Moulton Horman to take another polygraph in Kyron Horman's disappearance
Horman told Finster, "I just don't know what's going on. This is what I did that day."

Finster said Horman had told Kyron's teacher the day before that she was taking the boy to the doctor on Friday, June 11, and gave the teacher paperwork to fill out related to the appointment.

Terri said something to the effect the 'teacher was new and hard of hearing,' which implied she may have misunderstood. But from the first linked article, it says "MULTIPLE SOURCES." PLUS, IF the teacher is NOT hard of hearing and LE knows it?

This is where the contradictions in her statements come to. One person can misunderstand but when you're discussing it with MULTIPLE people, they are NOT all going to misunderstand.

Of course, then there's the TWO HOUR period when she alleges she went to the second FM and took the baby riding around. TWO HOURS, specifically unaccounted for. Then there's the additional hour when she alleges she returned home before K returned from work.

Oh, and those emails seemed PLANTED to me.

JMHO
fran

PS.....Why hasn't Terri tried to see her daughter? :rolleyes:

“The teacher thought I said I was going to take Kyron with Kitty for a doctor’s appt.,” she wrote on June 5, 2010. “I said I was going to look at other exhibits - how do you mess that up? His coat and backpack were still at school. I left the school at 9 and he was seen with a man ‘chaperone’ and 2 girls after I left. There were no men on the chaperone list. That and it was highly chaotic - had to been 300 people running around - no coordination ...”

The reference to her daughter’s doctor visit was not mentioned again in a follow-up e-mail sent later that day:

"I didn't just drop him off, I spent time with him, took pictures and he was in safe hands I thought as I watched him walk down the hall.

“Kids saw him after I left. Teacher put him as absent at 10am. Someplace between 9-10 is when we think it happened.

“I have a receipt showing I was checking out at Fred Meyer 7 miles away at 9:12am. I went to another FM looking for meds for Kitty they didn't have at the first FM. Then I was trying to get Kitty to sleep in the truck for a few minutes, but no go, so off to the gym at 11:20. Out at 12:20. Home at 12:45. Kaine home at 2. Bus at 3:30. That was my day - they keep asking me. Now on my 5th interview with them ..."

“The teacher thought I said I was going to take Kyron with Kitty for a doctor’s appt.,” she wrote on June 5, 2010. “I said I was going to look at other exhibits - how do you mess that up? His coat and backpack were still at school. I left the school at 9 and he was seen with a man ‘chaperone’ and 2 girls after I left. There were no men on the chaperone list. That and it was highly chaotic - had to been 300 people running around - no coordination ...”

The reference to her daughter’s doctor visit was not mentioned again in a follow-up e-mail sent later that day:

"I didn't just drop him off, I spent time with him, took pictures and he was in safe hands I thought as I watched him walk down the hall.

“Kids saw him after I left. Teacher put him as absent at 10am. Someplace between 9-10 is when we think it happened.

“I have a receipt showing I was checking out at Fred Meyer 7 miles away at 9:12am. I went to another FM looking for meds for Kitty they didn't have at the first FM. Then I was trying to get Kitty to sleep in the truck for a few minutes, but no go, so off to the gym at 11:20. Out at 12:20. Home at 12:45. Kaine home at 2. Bus at 3:30. That was my day - they keep asking me. Now on my 5th interview with them ..."

Thanks Ruby. But, there are MULTIPLE sources that say the appointment was for that day. That may be part of what LE is concerned about. PLUS, IF she was going to the gym, why would she try to put the baby to sleep? For two full hours?

That part does not make sense, to me. Perhaps others would think it reasonable, but I don't.

I still haven't decided completely if TH did this, but it's seriously looking like it more every day. Silence is not always golden. Especially when there's a missing child.

JMHO
fran

Why hasn't she tried to see her baby girl? That disturbs me...fran :(

I think its very strange that the teacher "misheard" TH say she was taking Kyron with baby K to a dr appt, and that part of her "alibi" includes 90 minutes of driving around with a baby with an earache, but she claims to have never said that.

I do get the feeling Desiree is referring to emails we haven't seen. JMO.

Is the "90 minute ride" supposed to have been right after leaving the school?
Is it supposed to be on Sauvie Island? TIA!

Can anyone who lives in that area tell us whether that is normal idiom for Oregon?

The only way I can see it being used that day is if there was a written timeline someone was looking at. Pointing: "that would make it someplace between 9 and 10." *shrug* If it were a colloquialism, I'd guess is was more rural, like Roseburg. JMO

Can anyone who lives in that area tell us whether that is normal idiom for Oregon?

I hear people say that pretty often, never thought of it as odd or unusual or even a regional thing until you pointed it out.

Kaine must really trust the investigators since he hasn't even looked at a few emails that were released. He seems to downplay everything that is released and what he says contradicts what others besides Terri have to say. He even seems to have a problem with Desiree. It's not just his belief that Terri is trying to get attention, he seems to disagree with everything that is released to the media and all the statements that other people give.

I was once in an argument with a girlfriend that ended up just written snipes against each other. In that case, it did occur to me that I would not give her the satisfaction of knowing that I'd read what she'd written to me, even though I had. I think Kaine's read every single thing and just doesn't want Terri to know it.

The thing that was upsetting to me was her first email, to what she was thinking a friend, and she was upset about what the bloggers were saying about her. Now if they come up with another email to this person, that was sent before this one, where she tells this friend how heart broken and worried, she is, that something has happened to Kyron, this email that we have seen won't bother me as bad. She is talking to a friend for cripes sake. Even if she had just been questioned 5 times by LE, you'd think she would tell this friend she's more upset about Kyron missing. than being upset about bloggers.

Absolutely. Her main concern seems to be establishing her alibis. And, if I'm not mistaken, this email would have been one Kaine was referring to in the Friday interview as having been "leaked" with the intent of being in defense of Terri. I might be wrong here, but this is the way I'm remembering things.

One of the most important things that came out, in my opinion, in the e-mails, is that Terri COULD account for her time, in an e-mail written shortly after Kyron's disappearance. Yet, in the KGW interview, Desiree says, "The fact that you can't explain any part of your day, ANY part of your day, on the most important day that has happened in our lives, for seven-and-a-half years is not OK; it's not only not OK, it's unfathomable. You can't not know where you were at, you can't just be missing, for three hours....And the fact that TWO peoples' times were unaccounted for...."

The "most important day of our lives" part sounds like she's talking about Terri. So I'm really confused about the "can't explain any part of your day."

I believe that she is refering to it being a bad day and that one should be able to remember what they did every minute... for instance where TH went on her drive on the time that she cannot account for. How unusual is that? We, as human beings tend to remember things like that "Where were you when JFK was shot" and "Where were you when you first heard about Sept 11th" ... I was not born when JFK was assassinated but it has been almost 10 years since 9-11 and I can tell you the just of most of that day, still after all this time.

Why can't TH account for her time?

I think that is what DY was getting at.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5366480&postcount=53"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Threadiquette & Forum Rules Updates ~ Ask Your Questions Here[/ame]

2) We are no longer allowing the use of the Kyron Horum FB as a source. The site has dwindled to unsubstantiated rumors and that's not how we roll on Websleuths.

Absolutely. Her main concern seems to be establishing her alibis. And, if I'm not mistaken, this email would have been one Kaine was referring to in the Friday interview as having been "leaked" with the intent of being in defense of Terri. I might be wrong here, but this is the way I'm remembering things.

I haven't heard an alibi yet from Terri. I've heard things that demonstrate a timeline, but I haven't heard an alibi. She was at the FM stores. She was at the gym. She didn't try to make any excuse for the time people call "missing" since she only says she tried to get baby K to sleep in the truck for a few minutes and then went to the gym. She doesn't explain that "missing" time, which can't be an alibi, either.

She gave a timeline. Not an alibi.

The problem I have with the argument that her e-mail is about establishing alibis is that LE was interviewing her with that as their primary goal, and not once, not twice, not three times, not four times, but going on five times in the span of two days. If LE is having her go over and over and over her day, then of course she's going to be obsessed with it, she's going to know it inside and out, she's going to be increasingly focused on times, where she was, what she did, and not necessarily because she's guilty, but because LE is drilling her and drilling her and drilling her about where she was that morning. It's going to be at the forefront of her mind because she's being rigorously and repeatedly questioned about it. In these edited e-mails, she may not be directly expressing concern for Kyron, but ultimately, that could be the root of her frustration along with having a negative reaction to indirect suspicion (at that time) that she may have been involved in Kyron's disappearance.

Also, Kaine and Desiree, especially Desiree, have said that obviously Terri was a phenomenal actress prior to Kyron's disappearance. What happened? If she's a sociopath, if she's such a great actress, if she's adept at fooling everyone, then why did she suddenly lose that ability to continue being a great actress? If she's a sociopath, expertly picking up clues about how to behave, then how do you explain her problematic, self-destructive behavior in the aftermath of Kyron's disappearance?

Until the e-mails are released in their unedited entirety, then, IMO, it's difficult to contemplate their meaning, and even then, it would still be difficult to contemplate their meaning, and anything we extrapolate from them is only an opinion.

MOO
I respectfully disagree with that we cannot extrapolate anything from her emails. I find that there are several things quite pertinent to the case that can be extrapolated that do not hinge on if they were edited, taken out of context, nor does it matter what was asked or stated in previous or following emails to these in question.

First email in question~begin~
Picture1.png

We learn straight from the horse's mouth exactly when the "mix up", "mess up", "confusion"[as described by Terri]occurred, the morning of the 4th.
(whereas before this email it had been speculated as occurring on both Thurs. and Friday the 4th)

We learn that there was a chaperone list that day. We also learn that there were no males signed in on that list that day, yet Kyron was seen[after Terri had already left from the school property] with a .
man[assumed to have been chaperone] and 2 girls.
(Though we DO NOT KNOW who relayed this specific info to Terri[maybe that part was edited out])

We learn from Terri that she left the school at 9 a.m.
(Though I am only extrapolating the info gleaned from this first of four emails, she does however follow up this statement with she has a time stamped receipt for exactly 912 a.m. exactly 7 miles away, in one of the the 3 remaining emails)

This is just a very few important and very pertinent details that we can extrapolate from the emails and as I said this info is not affected by in or out of context, edited portions, or whether a question or statement was preceded or was followed by these 4 emails..

I was once in an argument with a girlfriend that ended up just written snipes against each other. In that case, it did occur to me that I would not give her the satisfaction of knowing that I'd read what she'd written to me, even though I had. I think Kaine's read every single thing and just doesn't want Terri to know it.

and for entirely different reasons, I agree with you that Kaine has read every word he can get his hands on that Terri has written.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Threadiquette & Forum Rules Updates ~ Ask Your Questions Here

2) We are no longer allowing the use of the Kyron Horum FB as a source. The site has dwindled to unsubstantiated rumors and that's not how we roll on Websleuths.

I am soooo sorry GramJ for having a major brain fart! I kept thinking my post was ok because I was linking to another WS Kyron thread, but didn't realize that post was linking to a reporter's FB page (Anita Kissee). Sheeesh.

I have another concern I need to express. Hopefully, this is the right thread to address this, since the info is from her emails.

Here's Terri, with a baby who's feeling bad enough for her to go to two different stores looking for a particular medication.

Yet, what does she do afterward? Does she try a third store, maybe a regular drugstore, or something other than Fred Myers, to locate the much desired medication? Or does she go home, so she can sooth the baby in their own environment?

No, after a period of driving around, (a few minutes or an hour or more?) she takes the baby to a gym.

Would you take a fussy, uncomfortable baby to a gym? Even if the baby wasn't really ill, as in running a fever, would you be able to concentrate on exercising for a whole hour if your baby was being fussy?

This doesn't ring true for me. Even with knowing that driving can indeed sooth a baby (I know, I remember, I raised three children), the "fact" is, according to Terri, is that it didn't work this time. So why not go home then? Why at that point take this unhappy baby - who you were trying to find meds for - to a noisy GYM for a whole hour?

The feeling I get from her email is that the sole purpose of her activities (at least the ones she tells about) was to establish alibis for her day. That's really the way I see it.

If some other emails surface that show another side to her feelings on that day after Kyron disappeared, I'll be open to revising my opinion. But that won't change the fact that I think taking an unhappy baby to a gym for an hour is a normal thing to do.

You exercise buffs can correct me if I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abcdowpp1