NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upon reviewing LE's initial search warrant, I noticed the following detail, which I haven't seen discussed here (forgive me if it has).

So, it appears as if the canine may have hit on the OUTSIDE of one of the two Baker vehicles. I wonder why that would be, and if so, what part of the vehicle???

I went back and relooked at the wording on the search warrant outlining this description.

My take on it and I could be wrong. There is a standard way of communicating in writing that is the same within the military as is with LE. (Just a few differences, but very similar because both entities are structured very alike).

the use of the words "in or on" is one of those IMHO.

For instance, when writing up a formal or official document, that will go to record rock solid descriptives are not used because they can be argued later.

On or in is one of those phrases.

At or about is another. For example: At or about 13:00 I witnessed so and so walking north of such and such street.

HTH.

I thought the menu and the vegetable matter was found in the Tahoe?

Pardon me, maybe that is so.

It is a little ambiguous in the SW, for example the 4 burnt samples come from both the Tahoe AND the brush pile. Were the sheets and blankets in the Tahoe too? I am confused.:waitasec:

ETA: The search warrant is issued on the vehicles, so, all of the items (except the burn samples?), must have come from there.

Pardon me, maybe that is so.

It is a little ambiguous in the SW, for example the 4 burnt samples come from both the Tahoe AND the brush pile. Were the sheets and blankets in the Tahoe too? I am confused.:waitasec:

Also mentions an 05 Impala on page 6 in the vehicle listing area. Which is a third car. Which is not mentioned again in any of the nine pages.

I'm sure at this point dad would be MORE than glad to take his alive daughter anywhere she would want to go, considering the trouble he is most likely facing.

Hey locals - I asked about this last night - but it was very late and maybe you were all gone. What about the landfills? Which landfill is used by Hickory? LE took a dumpster near the residence - I would think that SM would have wanted to dispose of rather quickly and if she knew the pick up schedule of that dumpster - well .....you get the idea. Are the landfills there like here in FL? Do they grid them off and and pinpoint where that dumpster might have been dumped in the last two weeks or so?

Hmmm...that could be a possibility. I assume it's probably the dumpster behind the restaurant or many businesses right in that area.

Regarding the bridge: Are you talking about the Quail Run bridge or the 127 bridge. I assumed someone was asking about that one.

I truthfully think Family Services, or whatever they call it there, did their best. If the house was clean, there was food in the fridge, if the child didn't have marks or bruises, if the child wouldn't admit to abuse, if there wasn't LE called to a DV fight between parents where there was fear the child heard, saw, was effected by it (they can remove children in NY for this if they feel child is at risk),......

Checking parents' police records should be a routine part of initial DSS investigations. And when the check turns up a bunch of pending criminal charges and outstanding arrest warrants, the criteria for removing the child -- at least temporarily, to a location where the child can relax, get enough sleep and food, and have a chance to feel safe opening up to social workers -- should be much, MUCH lower.

No, we certainly don't want DSS workers empowered to snatch children out of homes based only on their gut feelings which may be driven by their personal biases. But there was plenty of concrete evidence of serious trouble here. In addition to the pending charges and arrest warrants, there's not a snowball's chance in hell that EB could have passed a drug test.

Also mentions an 05 Impala on page 6 in the vehicle listing area. Which is a third car. Which is not mentioned again in any of the nine pages.

I actually wondered if the newer Impala, belongs to Mr. Coffey?

I had seen it referenced in this forum that LE went to the Coffey's house to confirm the father and daughter were there, but in the warrant, Point #5, it says the Coffey's were both "there" and fine.

I, personally, interpret "there" to mean the Bakers home, and if that is so, why were they there at 5:30 am?

more-evidence-1

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/...03/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Hmmm...that could be a possibility. I assume it's probably the dumpster behind the restaurant or many businesses right in that area.

Regarding the bridge: Are you talking about the Quail Run bridge or the 127 bridge. I assumed someone was asking about that one.

Quail Run.

And actually, I missed the initial question. Why are we interested in the bridge/inlet?

Quail Run.

And actually, I missed the initial question. Why are we interested in the bridge/inlet?

I think someone asked about the bridge they saw close to there on the map. I wasn't sure of which one so I did not answer. There are so many ways to get to the lake around that area and a lot of it is remote.

So, did anyone ever figure out who the primary driver of the Tahoe was???

I know what it is supposed to mean :) I buy them by the pallet.

Those things are heavier than the look too.

LOL! Sorry, my mistake :blushing: I thought you wanted to know what it was!

They are very heavy!

I assume they meant "frame" since they didn't say otherwise (and considering EB seems to have hated Zahra, I doubt she would have anything as nice as a daybed).

Quail Run.

That was me... just trying to figure what they could have done with Zahra, since the dad's worksite search was not successful. Disposal in a nearby, seemingly large body of water seemed like an option and I wondered about that bridge as a potential site. :twocents: Definitely appreciate the locals who are willing/able to check out the surroundings!

If they are checking everywhere that Daddy worked, then surely LE must think he has something to do with this....

Perhaps. But also possibly they're thinking (or even have solid reason to believe) that EB made visits to these properties -- something she might have done surreptitiously, thinking that if anyone questioned her presence, it would be easy to make up a story that she was looking for AB, or that AB had asked her to come pick up some personal item he thought he'd left there by accident.

Darlin_gal, do you think that they didn't take that one into custody like the others? Perhaps there weren't any alerts on it? What do you think? TIA

Mr. Coffey drives a BMW. Apparently that's why genius EB thought he'd have $1,000,000 for ransom. Because you know, everyone who drives a BMW has $1Mil laying around. :)

I'm curious about the Impala, too.

HICKORY, N.C. -- The father of a missing North Carolina girl who is presumed dead says he is cooperating with police searching for his daughter and unsure of his wife's possible involvement in the case.

Adam Baker told The Associated Press on Friday he still hopes to find 10-year-old Zahra Clare Baker alive. He says he'll move back to the family's native Australia if the girl wants to go.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/15/AR2010101503975.html

Unsure eh????????? hhhmmmmpppphhhhhhh.

Oh NOW he'll move back to Australia?!?! Where was this attitude while your daughter was being tortured for months, possibly years, and then killed, huh, Mr. AB?

Oh I am FUMING. I cannot BELIEVE he said that.

Was Zahra here legally???
Just wondering about a child brought in with a father if the marriage is not valid here.
Could that be kidnapping also?
I have no idea about citizenship.
My grandma is the only one that I ever knew that took tests to be a citizen and she was an adult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal