NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 # 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Zahra Baker’s stepmother, Elisa Baker, was taken out of jail and brought to the newest search site in the investigation into the disappearance of the 10-year-old girl, officers confirmed to Channel 9.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25501224/detail.html

Zahra Baker’s Stepmother Brought To New Search Site
http://www.wsoctv.com/index.html

Adding screenshot JUST in case wsotv changes their mind again. :biggrin:

Stick a fork in it. This is just about done. Bless you, dear Zahra.

http://www.gastongazette.com/news/mead-51934-case-gaston.html

This is interesting.

October 25, 2010 12:52 PM

The attorney representing Michael Mead on a murder charge in Gaston County is now involved with the ongoing case of Zahra Baker, a missing Hickory girl.

Mead and his lawyer, Lisa Dubs, were scheduled to appear in court Monday. An early-morning call changed that plan, according to Gaston County Assistant District Attorney Robert Forbes.

More at link.

There's no way I'm walking to work today, can't afford to miss a minute.

There are two. The first is from the police department, the second from the jail.

Thank you for these. His eyes look different from the first one to the second one at the jail, I think. In the jail photo, it looks like he had been crying alot.

So...

Dubbs gets a early morning phone call and has to cancel a death penalty case appearance at court for later today.

Now EB is at the search site.

Yes, this is it.

I'm sorry Zahra. I'm so sorry baby. Come home sweetie. Whisper to them so you can come home. :(

Maybe they met him at the airport and asked him to come in and give a statement. While at LE, he was arrested? Just might be what happened?

I really do think that's the most likely scenario. JMO

I can't help but think of his mother who loved and cared for Zahra so much. I'm sure she loves her son very much, too, and flew 26 hours to get here and to see him. And then he is arrested before her eyes a minute later. That is a lot to go through for a mother and grandmother.

That's exactly how I feel as well. My heart goes out to her. I hope we get some answers soon so she can lay her grand daughter to rest/take her home. If she was on the flight, she must be physically and emotionally exhausted.

Awe we knew it was coming but this is so sad. Sweet little baby. RIP.

How big is the waterfall they are talking about LE are searching near?
Is the water very deep?

MOO...The waterfall wouldn't be that big...most waterfalls of significance in Caldwell Co. are up the mountain. And there are only a handful. What I would assume from previously living in the area, is that large rock slab and just up from that spot, both areas probably have a small amount of water cascading over them. Small waterfall. I have not been to this particular location, so I could be wrong.

WSOCTV is NOT reporting one way or another where Adam got arrested, of which, is a far cry from what they reported this morning about the airport.

Zahra Baker’s father, Adam Baker, is also in police custody. He was arrested early Monday morning and is facing several charges unrelated to his daughter’s disappearance.

He faces five counts of worthless checks, two counts of communicating threats, one count of assault with a deadly weapon and one count of failure to return rental property. He was arrested just after 3 a.m. and is being held at the Catawba County Detention Center on a $7,000 bond.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25501224/detail.html

I can't get any volume. Can you tell me a little of what he said please? Thank you!!!

Not much, really. Searching off of a tip....searching all over the county....doesn't know anything about AB arrest. Someone asked if the tip came from EB. No comment. Or, he doesn't know.

I can't get any volume. Can you tell me a little of what he said please? Thank you!!!

I can't comment on that at this time....:banghead:

Actually he was very professional and very non informative. LOL!

Not much, really. Searching off of a tip....searching all over the county....doesn't know anything about AB arrest. Someone asked if the tip came from EB. No comment. Or, he doesn't know.

Bless you! I watched it twice but couldn't hear it and couldn't find another link. Thank you so much!! :)

So...

Dubbs gets a early morning phone call and has to cancel a death penalty case appearance at court for later today.

Yes, this is it.

I'm sorry Zahra. I'm so sorry baby. Come home sweetie. Whisper to them so you can come home. :(

Oh, your post just sent chills down my spine and made me so sad at the same time.

So...

Yes, this is it.

Kat,

Kind words for a kind girl--your post made me cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member