NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 # 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO...The waterfall wouldn't be that big...most waterfalls of significance in Caldwell Co. are up the mountain. And there are only a handful. What I would assume from previously living in the area, is that large rock slab and just up from that spot, both areas probably have a small amount of water cascading over them. Small waterfall. I have not been to this particular location, so I could be wrong.

Kind of looks like what we call a spillway here in Texas.

If the Australian Baker family are in America we'll know soon enough. The press will find them. Don't know if they'll give any interviews but I imagine we'll see some footage.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Zahra Baker’s stepmother, Elisa Baker, was taken out of jail and brought to the newest search site in the investigation into the disappearance of the 10-year-old girl, officers confirmed to Channel 9.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25501224/detail.html

OH MY GOSH!!!! She's talking???!!!!! Maybe she made a deal that if they arrested AB, she'd talk????? WOW, this is huge.

via Twitter

ChrisMillerWBT: Police statement says prior to his arrest, Adam Baker voluntarily went to Hickory PD to give interview #zahra
less than a minute ago via web

WBT also now reporting Hickory PD say arrest made at airport.

ETA

http://twitter.com/search?q=zahra baker

It was hard to hear the interview at http://titancast.titantv.com/p/whky/.../1ACF23V7.aspx but what i could make out, this officer looks tired, sad, and sounds from his voice is they are wrapping it up. He said they've had officers all over the county searching or was it following up on leads. Could they have spread her remains throughout the county and beyond?

I can't get any volume. Can you tell me a little of what he said please? Thank you!!!

Just a broad sketch....

Q-Sheriff what can tell us
A-Same as last week following up leads that hckry gets relate to our cty
Q-Can you tell us what you found
A-Been on this area all day but been all over place
Q-How characterize current lead
A-Any leads are sensitive, anyone knows about case contact LE we will run down every lead
Q-Feel good about this lead?
A-Always like to feel hopeful. Not going to rest until we find this little girl, this county, another county
Q-How close to where Zahra lived
A-Mile or two, not real sure
Q-Searching for mattress?
A-Just diff parts of evidence since last week
Q-(unclear)
A-Don’t know a lot of details about that, heard they charged mother related strictly to this case
Q-Can you talk specifically about arrest of AB
A-No
Q-Unclear
A-Can’t say more at this time, (searchers are) kind of scattered all over county, all doing good work

sherrif says 1-2 miles EB lived by search area

haven't seen EB
sherrif says he doesn't know much about AB arrest

Caldwell County Sheriff Alan Jones held an impromptu press conference on site of the Monday investigation

working with Hickory

Yup, she's gonna roll on him. Wait for it...

Maybe they're also trying to shake him loose by bringing her to the scene. The two of them cannot keep up this charade much longer. These are not sophisticated criminals.

via Twitter

ChrisMillerWBT: Police statement says prior to his arrest, Adam Baker voluntarily went to Hickory PD to give interview #zahra
less than a minute ago via web

WBT also now reporting Hickory PD say arrest made at airport.

Huh??? :waitasec::waitasec:

Oh! Maybe the PD has an office at the airport!! :crazy:

So...

Dubbs gets a early morning phone call and has to cancel a death penalty case appearance at court for later today.

Now EB is at the search site.

Yes, this is it.

I'm sorry Zahra. I'm so sorry baby. Come home sweetie. Whisper to them so you can come home. :(

Your post made me cry, too!

OH MY GOSH!!!! She's talking???!!!!! Maybe she made a deal that if they arrested AB, she'd talk????? WOW, this is huge.

They also took Misty out of jail to one search in the Haleigh Cummings case. Haleigh is still missing. :(

If she is the one talking I'm calling it right now- she is going to claim battered womans syndrome. We had a mother here try that defense- it didn't fly, jury didn't my the whole "he made me fracture my sons skull" BS.

Still possible He spilled in the statement he supposedly made prior to the arrest.

Either scenerio makes Dubbs actions this morning make sense.

It was hard to hear the interview at http://titancast.titantv.com/p/whky/.../1ACF23V7.aspx but what i could make out, this officer looks tired, sad, and sounds from his voice is they are wrapping it up. He said they've had officers all over the county searching or was it following up on leads. Could they have spread her remains throughout the county and beyond?

I hate to say it, but that's what I've been thinking the whole time. Also, it doesn't surprise me that LE would be looking near places EB had lived (Even years ago), since, as someone pointed out much earlier, people have a tendency to go back to familiar territory when hiding evidence...

They also took Misty out of jail to one search in the Haleigh Cummings case. Haleigh is still missing. :(

That is a good point, but Misty told them something when she was out. I hope EB does the same so this comes to a closure finally.

Just a broad sketch....

Q-Sheriff what can tell us
A-Same as last week following up leads that hckry gets relate to our cty
Q-Can you tell us what you found
A-Been on this area all day but been all over place
Q-How characterize current lead
A-Any leads are sensitive, anyone knows about case contact LE we will run down every lead
Q-Feel good about this lead?
A-Always like to feel hopeful. Not going to rest until we find this little girl, this county, another county
Q-How close to where Zahra lived
A-Mile or two, not real sure
Q-Searching for mattress?
A-Just diff parts of evidence since last week
Q-(unclear)
A-Don’t know a lot of details about that, heard they charged mother related strictly to this case
Q-Can you talk specifically about arrest of AB
A-No
Q-Unclear
A-Can’t say more at this time, kind of scattered all over county, all doing good work

Thank you so much :blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member