GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
The waste and destruction are beyong comprehension

All the lives that even at this point have been changed forever, for the worse

What sort of madness drives this sort of crime ? Then to throw a lovely young girl, with so much to live for, to the side of the road like used tissue

They'll never know, but my thoughts now are for all those who had no way of seeing this coming, no defence, no way to prevent it

Yeates family and friends

Greg Reardon

Tabak's family, girlfriend, friends

most of all, Joanna Yeates and all who loved her

Very sad

I think the de-icing originated from another website where a poster mentioned her son living in the vicinity of Aberdeen Road & the police presence. The poster's son had reported the police watching him(the son) de-ice his car & by the power of Chinese whispers, this was converted to VT de-icing a vehicle.

Is there any links to this story?
I've heard it a few times now, and he was arrested around 2 a.m?

I'm not quite sure what to believe anymore with this case.

Somebody on another site may have originally made reference to 2am, not sure, could be Chinese whispers.

I imagine this thread will now be closed, just to thank you all for a well-mannered, intelligent discussion- it has been a real pleasure on here over the last few weeks, so different from so many on-line discussions, which degenerate rapidly into personal abuse.

It is very likely that the thread will remain open, though it may be moved to another part of the forum. We who visit WebSleuths like to follow the cases through to their conclusion, up to and including conviction.

In case that the thread is moved, there will be a directing link in this forum as to where you can locate the thread; or, if you typically leave your browser window(s) open, you can look at the top of the page to see under what forum heading/section the thread is moved to.

I have been silent on this thread, but have been reading here daily in order to follow what is happening in the case.

I am so glad that Jo's alleged murderer has been found and charged--now, for a conviction that sticks.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all of Jo's loved ones for their most tragic of losses.

May justice be served swiftly, severely, and succinctly.

He was arrested at 6.30am

i thought the parents were told at 6am of the arrest, if true, then above can't be true, besides, the telegraph and other papers mentioned 2am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...d-not-know-Vincent-Tabak-says-her-father.html

ETA: The parents were told at 6am an arrest had been made

“We know as much as you do. Police informed us at 6am this morning that someone had been arrested on suspicion of Jo’s murder, and their age.
http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/news...architect/article-3129181-detail/article.html

eta 2 - people shouldn't post things as fact when they don't have the facts IMO and if they do should link

I am glad that the LE have been able to charge him.

What a horribly sad story.
Nothing is great for her parents anymore but hopefully this will allow them to grieve in private.

I Feel for Jo's Parent's tonight, I shed some tear's, I too have lost a Daughter aged just 20 to cancer something that changed our lives forever, to lose a Child you brought into the World is devastating, Jo's Parents lost a Daughter who was a healthy young Woman in such tragic circumstances, my heart goes out them, I hope Jo's Parents and Family can find some kind of inner peace in the testing times that they will face.

Also the Family of VT they too have lost him.

i thought the parents were told at 6am of the arrest, if true, then above can't be true, besides, the telegraph and other papers mentioned 2am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...d-not-know-Vincent-Tabak-says-her-father.html

On the day of the arrest both Sky news and BBC news reported the arrest took place at 6.30am

The Telegraph link does say 2am but it also says someone has come forward to say they heard someone call out "help me" on the night the Joanna went missing, but everywhere else it has been reported it was the following morning when this person heard someone say "help me".

Can someone explain to me what happens next? I'm based in the UK but don't tend to follow trials closely.

He has to appear in court on Monday, but this is just to confirm the charge...this is where the media normally report something along the lines of "he spoke only to confirm his name".

How long might we expect to wait for a trial? Months I presume?

6am or 6.30am, Sky and BBC reported it as 6.30am . But I am sure The Telegraph has it wrong when they say 2am.

On the day of the arrest both Sky news and BBC news reported the arrest took place at 6.30am

The Telegraph link does say 2am but it also says someone has come forward to say they heard someone call out "help me" on the night the Joanna went missing, but everywhere else it has been reported it was the following morning when this person heard someone say "help me".
well the parents have stated they were informed at 6am, direct quote from them, so sky and bbc had it wrong obviously-and not the first time

Can someone explain to me what happens next? I'm based in the UK but don't tend to follow trials closely.

He has to appear in court on Monday, but this is just to confirm the charge...this is where the media normally report something along the lines of "he spoke only to confirm his name".

I think, but I'm not sure, that he will plead guilty or not guilty and the court will hear what evidence they have for charging him. But we probably will not find out what evidence they have until after the trial.

I don't know. But now he's been charged and knows that's breaking news around the world, he'll undoubtedly appreciate the gravity of his situation.

He'll know his family and his girlfriend and her family, his colleagues and friends etc. have all heard the news by now. The hope of preventing that might have motivated him to deny in the hope this would all go away. But now such hopes are dashed forever, he might elect to confess. If so, it might not need to go to trial ? He might want to spare people a drawn out ordeal

well the parents have stated they were informed at 6am, direct quote from them, so sky and bbc had it wrong obviously-and not the first time

I'm not disputing that they were told at 6am, like I said 6am or 6.30am. The Telegraph are saying it was 2am though, not saying that isn't correct either. Just stating what was reported on the day!

News reports around 9 months for a trial... I think and Im no legal beagle that he is in Court Monday morning so that the judge can hear the case set before him and make a Court Order to keep him inside until the trial. IMHO.

LL/CJ remains released on bail, the LE have said nothing will be announced tonight.

I'm not disputing that they were told at 6am, like I said 6am or 6.30am. The Telegraph are saying it was 2am though, not saying that isn't correct either. Just stating what was reported on the day!

ok no worries, but it wasnt just the telegraph, it was other papers too, im sure someone if they want to can add up the hours from either 2 or 6am till now and work out which fits with the allowed time a suspect is allowed to be questioned before release or charge, moot now anyway

Need to preface this by stating I realise he hasn't been found guilty

However, I utterly despise those who undertake to end the life of another, yet fight and lie like demons to secure their own lifestyle, life and freedom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xWitheringRosex