TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this was true but not sure so I Googled it. I think it is interesting. And I know it is not simple but since we have speculated this issue has caused strife and arguments in the family between HD and SD I thought it was worth posting. jmo

Can a child decide who he or she will live with?

A child who is 12 years or older can execute an affidavit stating who he or she wants to be his or her managing conservator. The child’s choice is not binding on the judge. However, the closer the child gets to age 18, the more likely the judge is to agree with the child’s choice.

www.enoslaw.com

I wonder if SA has convinced Billie the pings are wrong, the way his lawyer "convinced" everyone when he spoke out?

She could have.
So you're leaning more toward her taking them herself. That's possible. And if that's what happened and she o.d.'d and they are trying to protect themselves because she got into drugs they obtained illegally...well, that's the "softer" of the scenarios that I've read and have played out in my mind.

:seeya:If there are any reporters reading here, would you please ask Texas Rangers, FBI, SA's lawyer, (or Mr. Kamfer if you can't get an answer from anyone else):

Since the time that SA has had a lawyer, has SA or his lawyer cooperated in any way to answer any more questions for any of the law enforcement agencies investigating this case? Have they met with LE, or are they still refusing to cooperate in any way?

Why has a warrant not been obtained to thoroughly search any and all family porperties SA had access to December 26th, 2010 and the week following?

I really would like to know this, since all we've heard since he retained this lawyer is the assertion the cell phone pings are some kind of junk science and that SA won't be talking to anyone. (I wonder if Mr. Defense Lawyer thinks DNA is a a myth as well.:crazy:)

BBM

LE would need probable cause to get a search warrant. They just can't say to a judge they want to search every house or piece of property related to SA "just because" a family member owns them.

JMO

So you're leaning more toward her taking them herself. That's possible. And if that's what happened and she o.d.'d and they are trying to protect themselves because she got into drugs they obtained illegally...well, that's the "softer" of the scenarios that I've read and have played out in my mind.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/13/ng.01.html

BOARD: Well, what we do know in these same affidavits is that police did interview two friends of Hailey, and they paint a different picture from what we`ve been tolling (SIC). When they brought up to her friends talking about drug uses, two of her friends, two of Hailey`s friends told police that several times in the past, Hailey had mentioned something about trying to obtain some narcotics. We don`t know what they were talking about. But you know, it`s a little bit different picture of Hailey than we had seen so far in the media. And we don`t know how this links into the whole investigation.

So we also know we havent seen everything in those affidavits

I know this may sound a little strange but won't know unless I ask. I'm not a big fan of horror films -- the only ones I can watch are the Chucky movies because I know that can't really happen.

Is there a book or film where a man develops a relationship with a woman who has a single daughter in order to get the daughter? He would act like he cared about the woman and all the time he was after the daughter. He would involve the woman unknowingly in things that seem innocent but are really geared at causing the daughter's demise. He would take great pleasure in knowing this. Is there such a movie as this?

I'm wondering since DD said Hailey was playing the xbox in the living room at 9pm and supposedly in her room at BD's a/c of 10pm,why DD would say she was playing till midnight?BD said she was watching tv,not playing xbox.Who played the xbox till midnight?Why did BD state last week now she thinks DD left earlier than 9pm and she might have seen Hailey at 10pm or 11pm,why change times now?She said Tuesday they went to bed at 10pm,they had just bought illegal drugs that evening,did they take any after buying them,was DD home when they got there or did he spend another night with his friend?I wish NG would ask harder questions,because I'm wondering if DD's a/c is being disputed to divert from SA now.

I wonder if SA has convinced Billie the pings are wrong, the way his lawyer "convinced" everyone when he spoke out?

I have a very strong feeling that this is exactly why he still communicates with BD. She says that he texts. That's convenient, since it makes it harder to "read" whether he is lying when she can't hear his voice. Texting also let's him control his answers more easily. He can stop and think of a good answer before he texts back. Very manipulative, if you ask me!

I believe that SA's continued communication is being orchestrated very carefully by his lawyer to try to win Billie back, because Billie is still cooperating with LE and they(SA & co.) don't like that one little bit!

Think about it...Billie is using a phone that was given to her when they took her other phone away...both sides know what is being said between those two, and it is no secret to anyone who is involved, including Billie and SA! MOO

Two things:

Do we know yet who SA's lawyer is?

And, is it really the law that if a child goes missing....the last person to see him/her can retain an attorney and never have to utter another word?

One more..I lied...three things...does anyone recall a missing child case where the parent(s) or significant other(s) were innocent yet still retained a lawyer? I should add-to keep them from having to speak..

BOARD: Well, what we do know in these same affidavits is that police did interview two friends of Hailey, and they paint a different picture from what we`ve been tolling (SIC). When they brought up to her friends talking about drug uses, two of her friends, two of Hailey`s friends told police that several times in the past, Hailey had mentioned something about trying to obtain some narcotics. We don`t know what they were talking about. But you know, it`s a little bit different picture of Hailey than we had seen so far in the media. And we don`t know how this links into the whole investigation.

I can speak to living in a small town and having a teen age son at the time. There is not really any big time crime going on and much of the LE's time is spent checking on the 'kids'. They know who is having a party, they know who has bought a kegger, and they know just about everything the kids are doing. They know who is out on the street after dark. And there usually is a place they all meet and hang out.

That might have been why they came out with her being a runaway so quickly. Don't know but it is another possibility. jmo

BBM

LE would need probable cause to get a search warrant. They just can't say to a judge they want to search ever house or piece of property related to SA "just because" a family member owns them.

JMO

Can't they just show the pictures and video of him in his murderer mask and gear complete with very large knife and chain saw running around at granny's place and posing over her root cellar for proof of why they might need to search the property? :waitasec:

Colorado City, TX—The Mitchell County district attorney is working to build a case in the disappearance of Hailey Dunn to hand over to a grand jury, Michell County Sheriff Patrick Toombs said. But right now, there isn't enough evidence to arrest the only named suspect, Shawn Adkins.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=334596

Raw Interview: Out-of-State Tips in Dunn Investigation

sounds promising....BUT....sometimes statements are put out there...and there are other works going on behind the scenes...

To publicly....SHOW YOUR HAND...in an ongoing investigation....I find....HIGHLY...questionable....

IMO....(and what do I know?)...I find this to be some sort of.....tactic..

IMO...and my 2 cents....

Two things:

Do we know yet who SA's lawyer is?

And, is it really the law that if a child goes missing....the last person to see him/her can retain an attorney and never have to utter another word?

One more..I lied...three things...does anyone recall a missing child case where the parent(s) or significant other(s) were innocent yet still retained a lawyer? I should add-to keep them from having to speak..

Actually, no one has to speak to police, even if they don't have a lawyer. And they still can one they have one, but again, they don't have to. It is up to police to find evidence and not up to the person/suspect to help them find it. Even if they were the last to see the child...

Me too. Prolly more than once.

At first BD was like she never takes anything on a sleepover....but then she was worried because she didn't take anything. Double talk much BD??????????

Since when do you not take a toothbrush and a change of clothes? Bad/morning breath is really not cool at any age. 13 yr olds are very aware of hygiene. No one really wears pajamas, mostly tees and sweats. Sometimes you get invited along to do something with family the next day. Wearing clothes you slept in for that? Or even wearing them the next day. I don't think so.

So which is it--a red flag that she packed nothing and that was a huge red flag (SA), or she never takes anything (BD)?

My "softest" theory is that perhaps her mother had explained to HD that the pills BD was taking were for cramps/toothache/headache, etc. Then HD had cramps/toothache/headache, etc. and took some pills, not knowing how powerful they are and took a lethal dose.

ETA: Just re-read the part of the affidavit referenced above. It states that two people indicated that HD "may" have tried to obtain marijuana in the past.

Actually, no one has to speak to police, even if they don't have a lawyer. And they still can one they have one, but again, they don't have to. It is up to police to find evidence and not up to the person/suspect to help them find it. Even if they were the last to see the child...

Thanks....and how unbelievably frustrating....I don't mean badger them for 24 hours/7 days straight....still....

I've said it before and I'll say it until BD actually does it---it would take wild horses to keep me off of the person that had failed a poly/walked out/lied/and so forth......there's just no excuse for his behavior

Why? SA has already been named a suspect.

I know that. I just think that it is odd that he is basically saying that the are narrowing in on him alone. It seems like they should do the complete opposite so that SA will let his guard down and slip up. JMO

Are you thinking she got hold of the drugs and took them herself, or are you thinking they gave them to her?

Interesting questions!

HD successful suicide + BD/SA illegal drugs = dispose body + report HD missing + cover-up story

HD accidental drug overdose + BD/SA illegal drugs = dispose body + report HD missing + cover-up story

I can only imagine that if either of these cases were true [and they could be], that BD and SA had to have been under the influence of drugs [very likely] and therefore their thinking massively skewed in order to get to the right side of the above equations.

In any case, if either of the above scenarios were true:

(1) Wouldn’t there be evidence of death in the house?

(2) HRD hits in the house?

(3) HRD hits in the car?

If everyone they interviewed said that Hailey was a drug using party-girl with lots of older boyfriends, but two weeks in to the investigation just two kids (who say they knew her), said differently; Hailey was a selfless, angelic wonder-girl, would you be taking the word of those two kids over everyone else?

I respect everyone's right to an opinion, but I will have to base mine upon the large majority of folks who spoke up right away to say that Hailey was involved in sports, band, getting good grades and cheering, babysitting and enjoying being a normal 13 year old little girl, all of which is backed up by what she put on her Facebook and Myspace pages and reports from school authorities.:innocent: MOO

Interesting questions!

HD successful suicide + BD/SA illegal drugs = dispose body + report HD missing + cover-up story

HD accidental drug overdose + BD/SA illegal drugs = dispose body + report HD missing + cover-up story

I can only imagine that if either of these cases were true [and they could be], that BD and SA had to have been under the influence of drugs [very likely] and therefore their thinking massively skewed in order to get to the right side of the above equations.

In any case, if either of the above scenarios were true:

(1) Wouldn’t there be evidence of death in the house?

(2) HRD hits in the house?

(3) HRD hits in the car?
I don't remember ever seeing a definitive answer on whether or not the HRD went through the house. Do we know that for sure?

And now I'm back to that heavy piece of furniture that we lugged up and down the stairs last night. Wonder just when it was removed from the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sandraca