2011.02.04 - Status Hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
JB - 2 days not enough time so we can come up with a good objection to give you

Judge trying to decide on trial location. Will not be releasing the dempgraphic on that yet.

JB: Boo hoo, when you do announce where, we will not be able to find a fair and impartial jury. This is not like any other case. (insert we are special judge we represent a really special ICA judge) we can't gather any imperical data that you will be able to find a location where a fair trial can be had.

We want the opportunity that the first time is the last time.

JB just basically said that no matter where the judge decides to locate the trial, they will object.

Sheesh. Can't JB just act as though he's been to town before? Does he honestly believe he can school the Judge on jury pools and venues?

I love it. HHJP is researching cases to make sure his decision on where to take the case isn't appealed.

JB forgets the jury needs to be the same demographics as Orange County which is where the crime took place.

Would you prefer to pick a jury in Orange Couty? JB-NO that is why we asked for a change of venue.

Hahaha - where is the legal standings for the defense or the state to have a say in the choice of location?
Case law - Baez getting the lecture!!

What is his point? What does he want? HE wants to pick Miami, that's it nowhere else?

Baez talking about the uniqueness of the case. It is no such thing. Just another murderer and another lawyer trying to free her.

I need a drink.

I'm gonna head out on a wine run.

JB wants to know in advance so he can spill it to the media and taint the jury.

If your job is to give Miss Anthony the best defense possible, STEP DOWN!

JB is not getting his 30 days IMO. HHJP knows it will be leaked to the media, he's no dummy.

I feel like a loser,myself ,right now. I actually thought JB would FINALLY comply with the HHJP's order,especially since the sanctions were applied.
Silly me.

where do you think this should be tried, here in Orange County?

I would like to know in advance so that I can determine if a fair jury can be found and bring that to your attention.

JUDGE: Regardless of all research you bring, the appellate court would look at your questions and their answeres thereto. They are not supposed ot be deaf and dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal