MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I can't get the comment made about fishing out of my head. I hope justice comes quickly now.

Now I can't get the comment made about fishing out of my head. I hope justice comes quickly now.

Neither can I. I am hoping GJ has the info more fresh in her mind or notes.

Maybe I will go back and try and find the posts which mention the fishing..

and link them here or in another post.

It's the time of year when bodies come out of the water. It's possible the other body has nothing to do with her if this is a place where material tends to collect during high water.

I just read the horrible news on CNN. Rest in peace, Phylicia. Hopefully, justice will be served in your case.

HEre is an article that talks about the bodies being found:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/04/21/2239781/detectives-in-barnes-case-notified.html

"He said work crews near the dam saw the woman's body about 7:30 a.m. Wednesday and alerted Maryland state troopers. The body was recovered about 10 a.m. on the north side of the Conowingo Dam by officers from the Maryland Wildlife Service. Then boaters on the south side of the dam spotted a body about 2 p.m. and called police. The man's body was pulled from the river about 2 p.m."

I can't say for sure how accurate this account is. I read another article that stated the man had been found first, but the rest of the description was the same.

I was going off this and other articles when I assumed she was located caught up in a dam...

It hurts too bad if it's true. So much effort in trying to save PB. It really hurts if it is true. There's too many buzzards and vultures in the world preying on our children and women!!! I don't understand. I just don't understand

I am glad that Phylicia has been found, but angry at the same time about how her dreams were torn down. She would have been graduating from high school and on her way to college. All of the searching and handing out flyers. This past Monday, I had gone down to the Southwest Baltimore area (more south of Edmondson Avenue) to make sure people in that area could see the flyers of Phylicia in my truck. I was hoping someone in that area would say that they saw Phylicia alive. The only response I got from riding in that area was a drug dealer walking towards my truck holding drugs in his hand. I drove away and headed home!!!

Now, let the lie detectors and the arrests begin!!!

Body of N.C. teen missing 4 months found in Md.

One of two bodies pulled from Maryland's Susquehanna River has been positively identified as a missing North Carolina teenager, Baltimore police said Thursday.

Maryland medical examiners compared dental records of Phylicia Barnes, 17, with one of two bodies found on the Susquehanna River. Barnes, of Monroe, N.C., had been missing since December.

More: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42708058/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

So sorry, Phylicia... You didn't deserve this. May the wheels of justice really start to turn now for you. God bless you, JS...

Thanks. Then it is likely........ I believe they can get a good idea of dental age visually which could rule out the possibilty of a much older person.

I didn't post this last evening because I was waiting for more info to be released through the media. But early on we discussed some odd social networking posts by the circle of persons associated with MJ. Those posts on or about December 28th included talking about fishing. I don't recall exactly what they said and I did not read them. GJ' would know more about them and hopefully when she is back on she can add more details as to exactly what those posts entailed.

We did think it very odd 'city boys' would be discussing 'fishing' in late December... and we wondered if they were meaning ice fishing or something else such as fishing for girls? (trying to pick up girls). Maybe this was their odd way of talking about the events of the crime and they couldn't keep their lips from flapping about it (or fingers typing about it). I always said this group was NOT gonna stay quiet and too many people knew......

I absolutely think you're on to something with the fishing references as I am certain none of the persons who are potential POIs are ice fishermen.

The fact that a tattoo was still evident makes me think that her remains are not all that badly decomposed. And, that a COD will be able to be determined.
I'm ruling out drowning. Who would take a dip in December in MD? Let us hope that a body is all LE has been waiting for to make their move.

RIP babygirl.

May God hold you in his arms and remind your family & friends you are in a safer place.

So so sad. :(

RIP. Such a bright future. One question.Her mom does not seem like she would have permitted a tattoo. Was the tattoo known by her mom?

RIP. Such a bright future. One question.Her mom does not seem like she would have permitted a tattoo. Was the tattoo known by her mom?

That struck me funny too about the tatto!

prayers to Phylicia's family ♥

Checking back in, and absolutely crushed. I had always held out hope. I don't know what to say.

I will pull the fishing stuff later, and post it. Basically a couple POI's made references to it, and one POI has pictures of a big dam and talks about the place. The pictures were from last summer. The references to boats and falling out of the boat and fishing were from the 28th and 29th. Investigate1 might have it, too. It may take me a while, because I have to leave my computer again. sorry to leave it hanging right now.

Blessings be to those who are taken from us. We know not what we are missing until they are gone.

I had no idea how large the Conowingo dam was until I saw pictures through Google.

RIP Phylicia. I pray that your body holds the clues that will unlock the mystery of who hurt you. Prayers and thoughts to the families and friends who are suffering, no matter what they might have done or not done to protect this angel.

Today is 4-20, which is an "unofficial" holiday for pot smokers.
Given that so many of the POI's are heavy marijuana users, I hope that someone ends up blowing it and placing themselves into LE's hands.

Everyone keep their eyes peeled on the sites and sources you watch, and report anything you see!
I never read that they were "Hard Core dopers." They all have jobs and are in school. I think it is unlikely that they are "hard core" users as one's ability to be responsible is inhibited by a addictive behavior. I may agree, that marijuana may have been used (as per PB) but it appears it may be recreational. There is a difference.
IMO

Is the body in too bad of shape to tell? Too decomposed?
This is scary, how can we get live news footage?

Yes. It probably just started to float due to spring and ice melting.
It is not unusual, for something like this to be found in the spring.

Can someone please tell me:
How long does it take for water to decompose a body beyond recognition?
race, age, etc.
A body will usually float to the top in 3 days, due to gases created in decomp.
The time for decomp is dependent on water temp, animals in area and water, water speed of flow, manner of death( open wounds?) and chemicals in water. Lots of variables.In this case, it has been a long time but they could see the tattoo on her leg. This tells me that ice preserved slowed decomp. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname