2011.06.07 Sidebar (Trial Day Twelve)

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone have an idea of where we are in the timeline and what to expect next? computer forensics and LA are waiting in the wings (i think i heard)....does that jive with the very detailed calendar?

Normally, when I'm not watching this trial, hubby and I listen to a Los Angeles talk show radio station as we do yard work in the afternoons. Hubby has the radio on, and whenever there's been a break today I've gone out to the patio.

The talk show host is talking about the Casey Anthony case today and doing an excellent background of all that happened. He's been quoting Bill Shaefer and Mark Nejame. He's discussed the "party pictures" and all the lies. He just got finished doing a background on JB - how many times he failed to pass the bar exam, had only been an attorney for 3 years prior to this case, and more importantly..........how JB has some seasoned trial veterans on the DT but is not letting them help. He's doing all the cross exams himself and not doing a good job.

JB consistently goes overboard in his questioning right at the end; he just can't hold himself back from asking that last question. Invariably, it's an accusatory one and he is rarely able to properly fashion it in a correct manner. He does this every single time. He riles himself up, goes in "for the kill" and sticks his foot right down his throat!

moo

JB's questioning is so convoluted he confuses himself.:floorlaugh:

I THINK I NEED TO STEP AWAY FOR A FEW DAYS! Last night I dreamed that I was a juror and that ICA came in to the jury room dressed in a skimpy cat woman kind of outfit trying to flirt with all the male jurors and influence them not to vote her guilty. What a nightmare that was!!! As I said, I think I have watched too closely and need a break, LOL!

When JB was stating in his question to the handler that the dog wasn't properly trained, I so wanted the witness to answer: "The dog is, but you aren't."

I am still emotional about the tiny bones...I had forgotten about that. I now remember the map and how far they had become scattered...I am disgusted beyond belief that there is no emotion whatsoever from Casey. I swear, she has no soul. And Baez just makes me want to throw things. Hard.

I am going to go do some work now and try to recompose myself. Caylee, I am so sorry for what happened to you!

I made a point of staring at her face at all those moments---playhouse shown, cadaver discussed, etc. She never showed anything but anger.

I choked up a little when the deputy mentioned 'a toe'-- ICA is truly sick if she can listen AND FEEL NOTHING when she hears that her baby was EATEN by animals. FFS!

Sorry to be graphic, but her coldness angers me so much.

The mock juror is wondering why a mother, whose child accidentally drown, would drive around with this child's decomposing body in the trunk of her vehicle?

The mock juror is also wondering why a mother who murdered her child might drive around with this child's decomposing body in her vehicle.

The mock juror is thinking this mother was VERY immature. Thought she might delay dealing with reality by simply ignoring it. Then the mock juror remembers the hotbody contest, the movie rental on the day this mother claims the child drown, the day spent in bed with boyfriend...and the mock juror begins to think this mother MIGHT be so immature that she finds the solution to the burden of a child something as simple as making the child disappear. Without consequences.

The mock juror leaves court today disturbed and deep in thought.

(P.S. The mock juror is probably getting on everyone's nerves now, so this may be her last post.) ;)

Normally, when I'm not watching this trial, hubby and I listen to a Los Angeles talk show radio station as we do yard work in the afternoons. Hubby has the radio on, and whenever there's been a break today I've gone out to the patio.

The talk show host is talking about the Casey Anthony case today and doing an excellent background of all that happened. He's been quoting Bill Shaefer and Mark Nejame. He's discussed the "party pictures" and all the lies. He just got finished doing a background on JB - how many times he failed to pass the bar exam, had only been an attorney for 3 years prior to this case, and more importantly..........how JB has some seasoned trial veterans on the DT but is not letting them help. He's doing all the cross exams himself and not doing a good job.

That explains it all. No more questions! Mr. Baez, you have no business defending anyone, but I'm sure glad you're defending ICA.

Di anyone else take note of the handler Forgey say I hit on the trunk the same time as the dog hit on the trunk? meaning he smelled the decomp odor the same as the dog? But didn't say smell he said he hit on it...

Yeah, why not go until 5:30 or 6:00 p.m. one day instead of leave at 4:30?

There is the Sheriff's union HHJP has to consider. Then there is the transport back to the jail for ICA. I know it seems unreasonable as to why they cannot continue, but there are many other considerations besides the jury that come into play in any trial.

Its extremely hard for me to believe that ANYONE would hire him to teach law! He doesn't seem to know it, let alone be able to teach it.

Listening to the commentary on wftv and they are going on about some videos that I must have missed with the dog. He said that since JB didn't stipulate to the credibility of handler and his dog the direct took about 2 hours longer than it should have and the handler and the dogs credibility was just emphasized.

IMO the fact that the dog hit in the back yard on one day and not the day after they overturned the soil further increases his reliability especially since Jose volunteered that they aren't disputing that there was a dead body in the back yard. Thanks Jose. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

WHOA..On HLN is Jean C. talking about Bones..the K-9..
Apparantly Bones is only trained on Cadaver..where as Gerus is cross trained for other scents.....Also that Bones did have a "positive" hit in that backyard as well....

Im just supposing..But tend to think that KC for some reason did hide Caylee there for a few days, then snuck her out and into her trunk until she could figure out just where to dump her....The mere fact she had been packaged up double and triple bagged..all with items from that house speaks volumes to me....and before someone points out the actual furbaby pets that lived there would have found it....hummm? Wonder how much training these wee guys had??..

There is no way I would ever accept that Grandpa George would ever allow his treasured grandbaby to be buried in that yard!!!

What was going on towards the end? Baez forced a deputy to say he knows what he smelt and there was a dead body in that car. How many times has Baez interrupted the witness and tried to get them to stop talking after he has asked a question? Just when you think he's going to get through a day relatively unscathed and he has another meltdown because he can't control that massive ego coupled with a limited intellect.
Tomorrow should be interesting.

What show ? I usually listen to KABC or KFI and I have not heard anyone discuss the case yet.

The talk show host is talking about the case today and doing an excellent background of all that happened. He's been quoting Bill Shaefer and Mark Nejame. He's discussed the "party pictures" and all the lies. He just got finished doing a background on JB - how many times he failed to pass the bar exam, had only been an attorney for 3 years prior to this case, and more importantly..........how JB has some seasoned trial veterans on the DT but is not letting them help. He's doing all the cross exams himself and not doing a good job.

I've had the feeling since the cross with some of the experts started with JB doing the crosses that DS does not seem very happy. I think she is actually giving the questions to JB to ask, but he does such a poor job with it and then interjects his own. I almost wonder if DS is fed up or about to leave the DT.

I feel for that police officer on the stand today. They view their dogs with honor and respect. He was attacking his fellow officer's honor who can not speak for himself. He handled it really well though :) Also when they were talking about how many calls he had to go on increased with this case, you could just see it in his eyes thinking back about all those searches...in the woods looking for this precious little girl Caylee. I respect anyone who can do that kind of job.

I especially appreciated that the deputy was keen to insist they are a TEAM.

I made a point of staring at her face at all those moments---playhouse shown, cadaver discussed, etc. She never showed anything but anger.

I choked up a little when the deputy mentioned 'a toe'-- ICA is truly sick if she can listen AND FEEL NOTHING when she hears that her baby was EATEN by animals. FFS!

Sorry to be graphic, but her coldness angers me so much.

Wait until the stain in the trunk is outlined for the jury by the tech who saw her little image in the stain....you can see her little toenails and fingernails....like the shroud of turin....

I wonder when the jurors will be brought to tears?

I seriously doubt it will be the same as when kc feels the need to cry (unless she feels she needs to or has been cued to do so)

The mock juror is wondering why a mother, whose child accidentally drown, would drive around with this child's decomposing body in the trunk of her vehicle?

The mock juror is also wondering why a mother who murdered her child might drive around with this child's decomposing body in her vehicle.

The mock juror is thinking this mother was VERY immature. Thought she might delay dealing with reality by simply ignoring it. Then the mock juror remembers the hotbody contest, the movie rental on the day this mother claims the child drown, the day spent in bed with boyfriend...and the mock juror begins to think this mother MIGHT be so immature that she finds the solution to the burden of a child something as simple as making the child disappear. Without consequences.

The mock juror leaves court today disturbed and deep in thought.

(P.S. The mock juror is probably getting on everyone's nerves now, so this may be her last post.) ;)

I know what a mock juror is so that is not really my question, but what is 'this' mock juror. Are there mock jurors in the court room or something? tia

Forgey did an AWESOME job on the stand today.... he really did - despite the issues with JB - and the dry parts of the testimony. He came across as knowledgeable and likable.

MOO

The thing is, Forgey to me seemed not a brilliant man but rather like a simple kind of man. Someone who follows rules and takes his work incredibly seriously. In a lot of ways this is the very best kind of witness, if only because he is just so earnest that he doesn't come across as sneaky, or spiteful to the other side. Just doing his job to the best of his abilities and telling it like it is. Loved his testimony there at the end.

ITA--Forgey is one of those guys that would totally fit in living down the street from me, or in front of me in the line at Safeway...like a "regular" person as opposed to other folks in this case who seem larger and smarmier/creepier than life (or larger and smarter/more eloquent than life, depending) IYKWIM :innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurumsal