2011.06.07 Sidebar (Trial Day Twelve)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The jury will not believe that the trash smelled like a dead body - that all these people who can identify human decomp. smell; the scientific chemical breakdown of the air samples, and the dogs all come to the same conclusion...dead body in Casey's car.

Casey is very animated with JB once again on this dog evidence; it really gets to her.

Anyone notice that Simms is much cooler to Casey now and she and Jose are back their frequent exchanges?

This will take few minutes guys and I will try to post them in the order it occurred.

I wish just ONE witness would answer one of Baez's questions like this: "Sir, if you will rephrase that question so it makes sense, I will gladly answer it".

I was once told "Those who anger you control you".

I am not angry.
I AM NOT ANGRY. :floorlaugh:

The jury will not believe that the trash smelled like a dead body - that all these people who can identify human decomp. smell; the scientific chemical breakdown of the air samples, and the dogs all come to the same conclusion...dead body in Casey's car.

Casey is very animated with JB once again on this dog evidence; it really gets to her.

Anyone notice that Simms is much cooler to Casey now and she and Jose are back their frequent exchanges?

What exactly does Simms do? Other than shuffle papers and write on her laptop that is....

Personally I wish they'd go LONGER instead, but then again, we do want the jury fresh and alert....not tired from an already long day..

If I'm on a sequestered jury and it's now been almost 3 weeks since I've been home, I'd be pretty livid. I'd ask that they start at 8AM and go til at least 6PM. This starting at 9, break at 10, lunch for 1 1/2 hours, another break, another break, and end at 4:30 is silly.

JB consistently goes overboard in his questioning right at the end; he just can't hold himself back from asking that last question. Invariably, it's an accusatory one and he is rarely able to properly fashion it in a correct manner. He does this every single time. He riles himself up, goes in "for the kill" and sticks his foot right down his throat!

moo

Whew! What a long afternoon this was. One thing that stands out to me, is that this canine officer also commented on smelling decomposition in the car. And, he appeared to be certain of that.

Shucks, I've been sitting on my fingers, and they are still numb.

I feel for that police officer on the stand today. They view their dogs with honor and respect. He was attacking his fellow officer's honor who can not speak for himself. He handled it really well though :) Also when they were talking about how many calls he had to go on increased with this case, you could just see it in his eyes thinking back about all those searches...in the woods looking for this precious little girl Caylee. I respect anyone who can do that kind of job.

I think I could use a steak after that... and I'm a vegetarian! :waitasec:

Thanks everyone for keeping it flowing for those of us not watching! I can't take any more live action Baez. Giving me an ulcer!

Can we start a thread about what happens to K9 officers as it's not directly relevant to the case? Does it belong elsewhere? Halp! I'd like to investigate this further as a dog-rescue-type-person. It's going to haunt me.

The thing is, Forgey to me seemed not a brilliant man but rather like a simple kind of man. Someone who follows rules and takes his work incredibly seriously. In a lot of ways this is the very best kind of witness, if only because he is just so earnest that he doesn't come across as sneaky, or spiteful to the other side. Just doing his job to the best of his abilities and telling it like it is. Loved his testimony there at the end.

I wish just ONE witness would answer one of Baez's questions like this: "Sir, if you will rephrase that question so it makes sense, I will gladly answer it".

Ofc Forgey almost did- he said "Well as I've answered multiple times already "- etc...

Now that I am free to do so, I'd just like to say that JB comes off as 'greeeeezy' --- like a used car salesman or something.
But even worse, he snarks at the witnesses----TOTALLY condescending to these cops & investigators. Working people.
I think the snarky attitude + Men's Wearhouse Ugly Suit = NO LOVE LOST if I were a juror.

I am still emotional about the tiny bones...I had forgotten about that. I now remember the map and how far they had become scattered...I am disgusted beyond belief that there is no emotion whatsoever from Casey. I swear, she has no soul. And Baez just makes me want to throw things. Hard.

I am going to go do some work now and try to recompose myself. Caylee, I am so sorry for what happened to you!

If I'm on a sequestered jury and it's now been almost 3 weeks since I've been home, I'd be pretty livid. I'd ask that they start at 8AM and go til at least 6PM. This starting at 9, break at 10, lunch for 1 1/2 hours, another break, another break, and end at 4:30 is silly.

I wonder if he calls for so many breaks so the jury don't go to sleep? Besides what he told us about the court reporter's fingers :)

dangit I got caught in the door again....and for the record, I cannot go back and collect my post :(

I guess it is my computer :computer:

Yeah, why not go until 5:30 or 6:00 p.m. one day instead of leave at 4:30?

dangit I got caught in the door again....and for the record, I cannot go back and collect my post :(

I guess it is my computer :computer:

That close to the end I always copy everything before I try to post. I've learned the hard way once too often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels