2011.06.07 Sidebar (Trial Day Twelve)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm on a sequestered jury and it's now been almost 3 weeks since I've been home, I'd be pretty livid. I'd ask that they start at 8AM and go til at least 6PM. This starting at 9, break at 10, lunch for 1 1/2 hours, another break, another break, and end at 4:30 is silly.

be glad this isn't being done in california. We'd only be on CA 1st testimony

anyone have an idea of where we are in the timeline and what to expect next? computer forensics and LA are waiting in the wings (i think i heard)....does that jive with the very detailed calendar?

We've got the second dog handler tomorrow, and the computer forensics.

Then, I think the state will go into the searches by TES, putting Tim Miller on the witness stand and perhaps some TES searchers.

I think the last part of the state's case will pertain to Roy Kronk finding Caylee's remains, the forensic team recovering the remains, Dr. G, and the bug and botany experts.

This morning I tried to think of what witnesses we haven't heard from yet, and there's a lot. We've yet to hear from John Allen and Appy Wells, Jesse Grund, Richard Grund, Shirley Plesea, Annie Dowling, Kiomarie Cruz, Tim Miller, Dominic Casey, Jim Hoover, etc.

This is going to sound SUPER crazy but when I follow a case or a high profile news story about a death (think Anna Nicole Smith or the death of a famous person...anyone newsworthy but that I did not know personally), I dream about them. It could be completely a non-case related/story related dream but none-the-less I dream about the person who died.....I've always kinda thought those dreams were my subconscious mind letting the spirit of that person in and showing me he/she is OK on the other side. It comforts me in some way.

I haven't had one of those dreams yet with this story and it makes me sad to think her spirit is too busy to visit.

Sure its a little nuts but eh, so am I ! hehe.

Now I can see the truth of why a lawyer should never ask a question he doesn't know the answer to.

Thanks one and all for all posts. Much appreciated

I still had WFTV minimized and just heard... testing... sunshine on my shoulder makes me happy. Then a woman's voice said .." that's so sad.. how can she go back in that yard and see the little playhouse there??" Oops, guess they didn't know we could hear. LOL

Sidebar count for the day 7.

Just wanted to let you folks know that I will be traveling and not able to transcribe tomorrow through Saturday. Will be back ready to go on Monday (Going to Tennessee to help our DD and husband move - haha asked them how far they were from the Body Farm). Anyway, hoping Wenwe4 and Chaquita will keep me up to date as I will only be able to sneak in occasionally to read. Happy sleuthing - JUSTICE FOR BABY CAYLEE!

This is going to sound SUPER crazy but when I follow a case or a high profile news story about a death (think Anna Nicole Smith or the death of a famous person...anyone newsworthy but that I did not know personally), I dream about them. It could be completely a non-case related/story related dream but none-the-less I dream about the person who died.....I've always kinda thought those dreams were my subconscious mind letting the spirit of that person in and showing me he/she is OK on the other side. It comforts me in some way.

I haven't had one of those dreams yet with this story and it makes me sad to think her spirit is too busy to visit.

:blowkiss: Not nuts at all- it shows you care!

I was in the zone.

mb26xl.jpg

2jdjjvp.jpg

2h8944x.jpg

2kghnb.jpg

2pyyv89.jpg

2hquhl4.jpg

352kmz7.jpg

Sponsered by: Casey cam :great: (and the blurrier ones are reflector link in my signature)
http://media2.myfoxorlando.com/live/casey_cam_shell.html

The jury never see's this. :maddening:

The mock juror is wondering why a mother, whose child accidentally drown, would drive around with this child's decomposing body in the trunk of her vehicle?

The mock juror is also wondering why a mother who murdered her child might drive around with this child's decomposing body in her vehicle.

The mock juror is thinking this mother was VERY immature. Thought she might delay dealing with reality by simply ignoring it. Then the mock juror remembers the hotbody contest, the movie rental on the day this mother claims the child drown, the day spent in bed with boyfriend...and the mock juror begins to think this mother MIGHT be so immature that she finds the solution to the burden of a child something as simple as making the child disappear. Without consequences.

The mock juror leaves court today disturbed and deep in thought.

(P.S. The mock juror is probably getting on everyone's nerves now, so this may be her last post.) ;)

The mock juror is asking great questions! Tell the mock juror "She was BUSY, don't you know????" She had places to go, people to do.

be glad this isn't being done in california. We'd only be on CA 1st testimony

AMEN! I just finished Vincent Bugliosi's book Outrage about the Simpson trial, and one of his points was that the state of CA in their infinite wisdom cut court hours to end at 3:30 and take Fridays off to save money. :waitasec: Which resulted in that poor jury being sequestered for NINE MONTHS!!!

Can you even begin to imagine? I'd have wanted to killOJ myself over that.

I know what a mock juror is so that is not really my question, but what is 'this' mock juror. Are there mock jurors in the court room or something? tia

LOL...the "mock juror" is me. I haven't followed this case closely, so I'm hearing all of this as the jury is hearing it. Just trying to give WSer's who know this case inside out how it looks from someone who doesn't know the case well. :)

Mostly lurking...but...
Couldn't ICA have used the playhouse to stash a doped up Caylee in other times? It'd be so easy...which we all know is ICA's style.
Maybe the last time she did it she willfully duct taped her mouth, knowing full well little Caylee wouldn't survive and stashed her in the playhouse to come back & deal w her later.
Duct tape is so harsh that it was never used before on Caylee or else CA & GA would have seen red marks or lip tears.
Anyways...then ICA snuck back a few days later to deal w the "problem" & saw 1st hand what the FLA heat does to a body. Then she could have laid her in the yard...maybe thinking of burying her in the sand box...
Then realizing she needed to get Caylee away from home she double bagged her and drove away.
Thoughts?

WHOA..On HLN is Jean C. talking about Bones..the K-9..
Apparantly Bones is only trained on Cadaver..where as Gerus is cross trained for other scents.....Also that Bones did have a "positive" hit in that backyard as well....

Im just supposing..But tend to think that KC for some reason did hide Caylee there for a few days, then snuck her out and into her trunk until she could figure out just where to dump her....The mere fact she had been packaged up double and triple bagged..all with items from that house speaks volumes to me....and before someone points out the actual furbaby pets that lived there would have found it....hummm? Wonder how much training these wee guys had??..

There is no way I would ever accept that Grandpa George would ever allow his treasured grandbaby to be buried in that yard!!!

BBM
But even dogs with no training would smell the child they loved and lived with for the 3 past years. Those little furbaby pets lived in that yard and went out side to do their business every single day. They did not need training to know what belonged in THEIR yard and what didn't. And if their little friend was dead and hidden in their yard they would be sniffing and scratching and whining, imo.

I have had a lot of dogs throughout my life time. I think I have had dogs continuously for the past 58 years. And I think that every single one of them would have 'objected' if one of our family members was dead and buried in the yard. imoo

Before I go back to get my business work done, I just wanted to take this time to say you folks are the greatest! Thanks for all your insights, opinions and much needed comic relief, at just the right times.

And a special shout out to all the Moderators here . . . truly patient beings, you are!

Stay safe and a peaceful evening to all.

Really ICA wrapping up computer cords and putting stuff away... I know I have seen her doing it before but I don't think I have ever seen her get on her knees to do it

It really bothers me, too. But then I remember that these brief moments in Court will be the last few times she will ever touch or see a computer or cell phone again in her lifetime - and it makes me smile. :D

JB consistently goes overboard in his questioning right at the end; he just can't hold himself back from asking that last question. Invariably, it's an accusatory one and he is rarely able to properly fashion it in a correct manner. He does this every single time. He riles himself up, goes in "for the kill" and sticks his foot right down his throat!

moo

And as annoying as JB is, I'm extremely grateful each and every time it happens. He's a 'gift' that keeps on giving.

If you're a little nuts, then there's no hope for me! I have imaginary conversations with them....

I still had WFTV minimized and just heard... testing... sunshine on my shoulder makes me happy. Then a woman's voice said .." that's so sad.. how can she go back in that yard and see the little playhouse there??" Oops, guess they didn't know we could hear. LOL

I had the player still going and my browser crashed right as she said that. Did she say anything else?

Was that Kathi (of the alien snot?), the blond anchor or someone in the control room?

There were comments about the snot in the live blog earlier so assume the mikes or feed will be muted tomorrow when they aren't broadcasting. Too bad, I like the bit of behind the scenes you get.

ITA--Forgey is one of those guys that would totally fit in living down the street from me, or in front of me in the line at Safeway...like a "regular" person as opposed to other folks in this case who seem larger and smarmier/creepier than life (or larger and smarter/more eloquent than life, depending) IYKWIM :innocent:

And Jose being snarky and rude to clearly EARNEST witnesses is a terrible strategy. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FireSun42