Deceased/Not Found SD - Catherine Tornquist, 56, Hot Springs, 5 Oct 2011 *M. Tornquist guilty*

Slyon, do you know why the link on the SD DCI is no longer working? I had emailed them earlier about it... They didn't respond, but the link was restored within a few days... However, now it is not working again.

Hi M86,
I have no clue what is going on with their website, not sure where that website is as far as location is either.

Hi M86,
I have no clue what is going on with their website, not sure where that website is as far as location is either.

Slyon, it is the South Dakota Division of Criminal Investigation's website, located in Pierre.

Bumping for Catherine... Something doesn't smell right with all of this. Catherine needs to be found.

Here's some information that was recently posted online about her son, one of the people who may have been the last to see her (it's still unclear as there are a couple of versions floating around about who saw her last). This happened sometime around her disappearance or not too long afterwards, as he was indicted on Nov 15.

It's a very short article so I can only quote a small bit and still remain within TOS:

...a Hot Springs man has been indicted by a federal grand jury for allegedly stealing firearms from a residence near Interior.

Full article:
http://www.justice.gov/usao/sd/pressreleases/RC-2012-01-03-Tornquist.html

pineridgemap

Interior, SD borders Pine Ridge/Oglala Sioux Indian Reservation and also the Badlands National Park. It is a sparsely populated area. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interior,_South_Dakota

Here's some information that was recently posted online about her son, one of the people who may have been the last to see her (it's still unclear as there are a couple of versions floating around about who saw her last). This happened sometime around her disappearance or not too long afterwards, as he was indicted on Nov 15.

It's a very short article so I can only quote a small bit and still remain within TOS:

Hm, why no news stories on the stolen fire arms incident? Is the area short on news outlets? Frustrating. This woman reminds me of a friend of mine and I want to know what's going on with her investigation...

Hm, why no news stories on the stolen fire arms incident? Is the area short on news outlets? Frustrating. This woman reminds me of a friend of mine and I want to know what's going on with her investigation...

BBM Partially the answer, in WestRiver there is the Rapid City Journal, not much more than that. KELO may be doing something, I haven't checked. South Dakota is a strange duck. KWIM

I haven't seen anything here on Keloland about any of this.

Just something that I found while combing the websites for articles, I copied the article here for convenience;

http://rapidcityjournal.com/hotspri...65a-11e1-85e6-0019bb2963f4.html#ixzz1iuxBiu8M

Brett Nachtigall/Hot Springs Star

5 - Hot Springs woman reported missing

As the calendar turns to 2012, the family of 55-year old Catherine Tornquist is still searching for an answer as to her whereabouts.

Tornquist was reported missing on Oct. 7. She was last seen Oct. 5, when she was believed to be headed to Rapid City, with a large sum of cash, to purchase a camper. She never made the camper purchase appointment and neither she nor the cash has been found as of yet.

According to Fall River County Sheriff Rich Mraz, searches for Tornquist have been continuous since her disappearance. Several people, including her son Matthew and a daughter, Tina Post of Loveland, Colo., have been questioned during the investigation, which has been ongoing for three months with little to report.

We are continuing to look where ever and whenever we can, Mraz said last week when asked about the investigation and search.

"I am hopeful that we are close to having a break in the case, however."

~end of article~

I am intensely and deeply into Cath's case now, but I still cannot discuss it, as it is still a private investigation, sorry for that my dear websleuth members. Hopefully soon things will be allowed to be known publicly.
slyon

I really hope she is found soon. So much about this case is mysterious.

Well, that is disturbing! :eek:

Just something that I found while combing the websites for articles, I copied the article here for convenience;

http://rapidcityjournal.com/hotspri...65a-11e1-85e6-0019bb2963f4.html#ixzz1iuxBiu8M

As the calendar turns to 2012, the family of 55-year old Catherine Tornquist is still searching for an answer as to her whereabouts.

Tornquist was reported missing on Oct. 7. She was last seen Oct. 5, when she was believed to be headed to Rapid City, with a large sum of cash, to purchase a camper. She never made the camper purchase appointment and neither she nor the cash has been found as of yet.

According to Fall River County Sheriff Rich Mraz, searches for Tornquist have been continuous since her disappearance. Several people, including her son Matthew and a daughter, Tina Post of Loveland, Colo., have been questioned during the investigation, which has been ongoing for three months with little to report.

We are continuing to look where ever and whenever we can, Mraz said last week when asked about the investigation and search.

~end of article~

I am intensely and deeply into Cath's case now, but I still cannot discuss it, as it is still a private investigation, sorry for that my dear websleuth members. Hopefully soon things will be allowed to be known publicly.
slyon

p.s. There is an incorrect statement in the above article, I have seen this happen before, not sure how this happens, but it does.

~end of article~

slyon

p.s. There is an incorrect statement in this article, not sure how this kind of thing happens but it does. I hesitated in telling you guys because I can't correct the error without divulging information that under private investigation and can't be shared with the public at this time. But just in case someone reads this in hind sight after things are publicly known, thought to mention it.

I check Sioux Falls (on the other side of the state) news daily, including KELO, which covers the whole state. Occasionally, I'll check Rapid City news. To my knowledge, Rapid City has the Rapid City Journal (the newspaper), KELO, KOTA (the ABC affiliate... probably the best TV station in the Black Hills for news in their area, IMO), KEVN (FOX), and KNBN (NBC). If I get some time tomorrow, I'll email the Rapid City news stations, and the RC Journal about the firearms story. Unfortunately, besides the Rapid City Journal story, I haven't heard anything about Catherine's disappearance lately.

p.s. There is an incorrect statement in this article, not sure how this kind of thing happens but it does. I hesitated in telling you guys because I can't correct the error without divulging information that under private investigation and can't be shared with the public at this time. But just in case someone reads this in hind sight after things are publicly known, thought to mention it.

Thanks, slyon! I haven't forgotten about Catherine. And we definitely respect the privacy. If you hear anything new, please keep us up to date!

Is the "private investigation" being conducted by investigators hired by the family? Ex-boyfriend is a RSO and her son has been indicted for stealing firearms....is he in jail? I know...I know...the privacy issue.

I wanted to post this link to another missing woman in Hot Springs, close to Catherine's age. However, she and her husband were just passing through and who knows what the real story is:

SD SD-Constance Beyer, 58, Hot Springs, 15 Jan 2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Still wondering where Catherine is and hoping her case is solved soon.

Update! If you check Constance's thread, you'll see she was located! She was supposedly abducted, robbed, and thrown in a ravine. She survived and walked back to the truck stop... Wow.

Update! If you check Constance's thread, you'll see she was located! She was supposedly abducted, robbed, and thrown in a ravine. She survived and walked back to the truck stop... Wow.

Great news! Thanks!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ecdub
Back