Cause of Death - Charles and Braden Powell **Warning-Graphic Thread**

Well I hope that wording is simply journalistic @ss covering seeing as the boys are being buried the day after tomorrow. Don't think they'd release the bodies to a family and allow them to bury them if they can't absolutely confirm their identification.

Indeed.

According to the floor plan shown previously (Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Josh Powell's House in WA blows up - Thread #2), they were all in the living room, near the front door. He must have pulled them in and started the attack pretty quickly (which would fit with the social worker hearing crying).

I saw this floor plan on NG the other night; however, I think this is the floor plan of the house in West Valley City, Utah.

I believe the boys were found in the master bedroom where you can see the fire burning hottest in the videos, located behind the garage.

According to the floor plan shown previously (Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Josh Powell's House in WA blows up - Thread #2), they were all in the living room, near the front door. He must have pulled them in and started the attack pretty quickly (which would fit with the social worker hearing crying).

Did NG give the source for that house layout? Because it doesn't even come close to matching the house exterior. The NG layout shows the living room, and 2 bedrooms all to the left of the garage at the front of the house, but there is definitely only 1 room at the front next to the garage, per the house photo on zillow.com. http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/8119-189th-Street-Ct-E-Puyallup-WA-98375/49224173_zpid/

I'm sure those boys knew something was wrong from the minute Josh slammed and locked the social worker out and heard her pounding on the door. He probably started herding them into the bedroom (most likely wielding the hatchet) as soon as the door was locked and they started to show their fear! The devil knew he had only minutes to accomplish his plan!!:banghead:

Did NG give the source for that house layout? Because it doesn't even come close to matching the house exterior. The NG layout shows the living room, and 2 bedrooms all to the left of the garage at the front of the house, but there is definitely only 1 room at the front next to the garage, per the house photo on zillow.com. http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/8119-189th-Street-Ct-E-Puyallup-WA-98375/49224173_zpid/

I don't believe she did. Also, the "before" picture she showed was the house in WVC, UT.

You can see my above post, but the floor plan and photo of house both are from the WVC, UT house.

The house I used to live in had the identical floor plan of the UT house and our MB was in the back left hand corner, which included a master bathroom. The livingroom, kitchen and garage were on the right.

I don't know where she got her information, and like you, I didn't think they matched up either, so I googled the address of 8119 189th Street in Graham, WA and found the before picture of the actual house and it matches up if they were found in the MB.

HTH and someone please correct me if I am wrong.

I didn't see NG's program, so I am not sure where she got that layout. But you are right that it at least seems "off" from the view we can see of the house on Zillow. I am going to look at some photos of the burnt out house to see if I can figure it out.

More info:

"Tom Poste, fire marshal for Pierce County, Wash., said Tuesday he believes Powell spread gasoline throughout the house. One empty, destroyed gas can was found inside the front door. The second 5-gallon gas can was found intact. It was protected by Josh’s body when he fell on it, Poste said."
http://m.sltrib.com/sltrib/mobile/53463749-78/powell-cox-josh-chuck.html.csp

The article says that the gas can that he fell on had only a little gas left in it, so we can assume that was the one that was used to spread gas around the house. Which means that the second, ignited, can was next to them. Since it was near the front door, that would seem to indicate that the bodies were found near the front door.

I am also speculating that if the gas can under Josh was intact, he must not have been burned up entirely, himself. This also fits with determining cause of death as smoke inhalation (as opposed to their burning to death). Perhaps the bodies were in a condition in which they could be visually identified, without fingerprints, dental records, or DNA.

More info:

"Tom Poste, fire marshal for Pierce County, Wash., said Tuesday he believes Powell spread gasoline throughout the house. One empty, destroyed gas can was found inside the front door. The second 5-gallon gas can was found intact. It was protected by Josh’s body when he fell on it, Poste said."
http://m.sltrib.com/sltrib/mobile/53463749-78/powell-cox-josh-chuck.html.csp

The article says that the gas can that he fell on had only a little gas left in it, so we can assume that was the one that was used to spread gas around the house. Which means that the second, ignited, can was next to them. Since it was near the front door, that would seem to indicate that the bodies were found near the front door.

Well, I wonder where this gas can came from? (see photos 2 & 5) at this link. Sorry, I don't know how to paste just the photos. I believe photo #4 is master bedroom the bodies were found. I have noticed in a lot of pictures LE paying a lot of attention to this area. I believe it would be the room located directly behind the garage.

http://hosted2.ap.org/APDEFAULT/3d2...911 Calls/id-5c53612806414c30a45cd28457a2677e

According to the description, it says "pool photo" of melted gas can, and there is a pool at the neighbor's house with a cover on in it. "Pool" may mean just one photo amongst many others. IDK, because it looks like they photographed exactly where it was found.

So, if one was found in the doorway, and one found with the bodies, where did this 3rd one came from?

I also wonder how much gas was in the car; if he had filled it up prior for the additional fuel for the fire?

Well, I wonder where this gas can came from? (see photos 2 & 5) at this link. Sorry, I don't know how to paste just the photos. I believe photo #4 is master bedroom the bodies were found. I have noticed in a lot of pictures LE paying a lot of attention to this area. I believe it would be the room located directly behind the garage.

http://hosted2.ap.org/APDEFAULT/3d2...911 Calls/id-5c53612806414c30a45cd28457a2677e

According to the description, it says "pool photo" of melted gas can, and there is a pool at the neighbor's house with a cover on in it. "Pool" may mean just one photo amongst many others. IDK, because it looks like they photographed exactly where it was found.

So, if one was found in the doorway, and one found with the bodies, where did this 3rd one came from?

I also wonder how much gas was in the car; if he had filled it up prior for the additional fuel for the fire?

Since that can is incinerated, I assume it's the one found by the front door/bodies. (I don't know for sure, but I think "pool photo" may mean that the photos are provided for all media outlets to use. Here's another described that way http://www.knoxnews.com/photos/2012/feb/06/192962/.)

Also, every news source I see says they found TWO 5-gallon gas cans. I don't believe any more than that were found (unless someone has different information from MSM).

Based on the info in the articles I linked, it sounds like the bodies were found near the front door, in the center section of the house.

There is an audio recording of a reporter who was at the scene here:

http://mynorthwest.com/?sid=623101&nid=75

I haven't listened to all of it yet (I'm about to run out and take our kitty to the vet for a check-up), but she might tell details of where the bodies were found, etc.

I am also speculating that if the gas can under Josh was intact, he must not have been burned up entirely, himself. This also fits with determining cause of death as smoke inhalation (as opposed to their burning to death). Perhaps the bodies were in a condition in which they could be visually identified, without fingerprints, dental records, or DNA.

Makes you wonder how hot and fast this fire was, how could it have not burned them beyond recognition, but I have not heard that anywhere in MSM.

I don't know if this overhead view of the still smouldering house offers a better idea of the layout or not. The big area on the front right and jutting forward is the garage. Then recessed back from that and on the left is the front room. Then it has to be kitchen and bedrooms behind the garage and front room, but I can't make heads or tails of which is which, though I'd assume the kitchen is behind the garage, IMO, as most homes I've been in and licved in have you walk into the house from the garage to the kitchen, not the bedrooms. :waitasec:

authorities-josh-powell-sent-goodbye-emails-prior-to-blowing-up-house

Ugh, attempt to insert picture=fail

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/02...ent-goodbye-emails-prior-to-blowing-up-house/

I'm under the impression that they were in the master bedroom, so there wouldn't have been an exterior door and a bedroom door would only lock from the inside, but we don't know what type of lock it had. I do believe that the boys would have attempted to flee and that is how JP was able to manage to incapacitate both of them -- from behind.

(Female homeowner) says "Looking at it and to know that that was my bedroom and those little babies died in it. It's just too much."
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/su...-powell-explosion/EEIOFDYqr0CxM9rnkzFPdQ.cspx

They had owned the home since 1996 (per zillow.com) so even though the home was blown apart and the layout was no longer apparent, if LE told them where the bodies were found, they would know exactly what room it was.

*MOO*

Have they said anything about if they think the boys were hit from behind? I have a hard time going to sleep at night thinking about him standing there with the boys facing him and him swing in axe while they are looking at him. To be hit without warning from behind is still beyond horrible and sick, but at least the fear of not knowing it's coming is better (if there can even be a 'better' anything in this event with this very very demented person).

NG said on her show, I believe it was the same night she showed pics of the house and floor plan, that JP had hung up pictures of Susan all over the living room walls they were killed in. Has anyone else heard this?

I was wondering how they could even tell since it was such a massive fire.

Also IIRC, she had a reporter on that said the boy's bodies had gasoline actually poured on their bodies before the fire.

I thought I would see it reported after the show but I still haven't seen anything.Any help appreciated.

NG said on her show, I believe it was the same night she showed pics of the house and floor plan, that JP had hung up pictures of Susan all over the living room walls they were killed in. Has anyone else heard this?

Also IIRC, she had a reporter on that said the boy's bodies had gasoline actually poured on their bodies before the fire.

I thought I would see it reported after the show but I still haven't seen anything.Any help appreciated.

I can just combust myself thinking of him pouring gas right on those children to make sure they burned!!!!! I hope he is burning in HELL!! Sorry, I think we need a "rant and rage" thread, maybe. :( Just kidding.

It's better they died from the things in their lungs rather than burning. It's better JP had killed himself alone a long time ago, though. Good riddance.

Have they said anything about if they think the boys were hit from behind? I have a hard time going to sleep at night thinking about him standing there with the boys facing him and him swing in axe while they are looking at him. To be hit without warning from behind is still beyond horrible and sick, but at least the fear of not knowing it's coming is better (if there can even be a 'better' anything in this event with this very very demented person).

Nothing has been reported about where on their head and necks the "chop marks" were located, but speculation on another thread about how both boys could be restrained for him to cause the injuries in such a precise area. That made me think that they didn't see it coming, so from behind. Unless some other hideous fact comes out that he tied them up, I have to believe that those boys did what they could to escape!

I have a personal policy when it comes to HLN's reporting. If nobody else is reporting it, then they are speculating for the purpose of emotional response (and ratings). Local media sources always have an established rapport with their own LE, and may not always get the story right, but they will know everything that HLN knows if not more!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radnewal
Back