Cause of Death - Charles and Braden Powell **Warning-Graphic Thread**

NG said on her show, I believe it was the same night she showed pics of the house and floor plan, that JP had hung up pictures of Susan all over the living room walls they were killed in. Has anyone else heard this?

I was wondering how they could even tell since it was such a massive fire.

Also IIRC, she had a reporter on that said the boy's bodies had gasoline actually poured on their bodies before the fire.

I thought I would see it reported after the show but I still haven't seen anything.Any help appreciated.

My Bolding

I heard that and I thought what he said was really disturbing. He said it and then NG asked him about it and he said it was an unconfirmed report. Then DON'T SAY IT, until it's confirmed! The grandparents had to hear that when it hadn't even been confirmed.

My Bolding

I heard that and I thought what he said was really disturbing. He said it and then NG asked him about it and he said it was an unconfirmed report. Then DON'T SAY IT, until it's confirmed! The grandparents had to hear that when it hadn't even been confirmed.

BBM. I totally agree with you.

So you heard it too? Then did you also hear her say that about the pics?

I have always trusted anything NG says since it is her show.

Now, I am not so sure.

BBM. I totally agree with you.

So you heard it too? Then did you also hear her say that about the pics?

I have always trusted anything NG says since it is her show.

Now, I am not so sure.

Errr, um, not NG bashing, but she does not always confirm what she says. So take it with a big grain.

I can just combust myself thinking of him pouring gas right on those children to make sure they burned!!!!! I hope he is burning in HELL!! Sorry, I think we need a "rant and rage" thread, maybe. :( Just kidding.

It's better they died from the things in their lungs rather than burning. It's better JP had killed himself alone a long time ago, though. Good riddance.

I agree. Today I would have liked somewhere to vent when I saw Alina's ABC interview on Radaronline.com.

I watch a reality show and it was said that Radaronline.com pays upwards to $25,000 for interviews.

I hope to God she is not profiting off this heinous, evil act her brother committed on his own two children. And then she says he was "protecting" them. I swear I wanted to reach thru my screen and slap the you know what out of her.

If anyone hears that they are profiting, can you please post it or PM me?

I know this is going to be covered by both Dateline and 20/20 tomorrow night, so I don 't know if they get paid anything or not.

I don't mind JP's sister, Jennifter Graves and her husband. They seemed to genuinally care for the boys and even planned on adopting them.

But the others....they just really get under my skin.

This may be the reason we have not seen too much info. released today. They are probably saving that for the shows.

The more I hear and read about this case the sicker to my stomach
I get.
Heck, I think the blame game could go all the way back to when
Susan met Josh. Her own father said he was weird and no one
wanted to talk to him for more than 20 minutes.
BUT Susan saw something in Josh and only she knows what that
was and it snowballed into where we are now. We don't know
her personality or her tolerance level. Poor woman thought she
could change him and maybe release that control he seemed to need
over his loved ones. IDK
I say all this because the more I know the more I can't understand
how someone could take all this dark time with someone who obviously
had many issues.
But ultimately I'm blaming the system, the courts, and the judge that
allowed visitation to a suspect in his wife's disappearance in his home
instead of enforcing the 'public place' visits. What a tragedy!

Josh's family? I don't want to even go there!! JMO

Nothing has been reported about where on their head and necks the "chop marks" were located, but speculation on another thread about how both boys could be restrained for him to cause the injuries in such a precise area. That made me think that they didn't see it coming, so from behind. Unless some other hideous fact comes out that he tied them up, I have to believe that those boys did what they could to escape!

With the social worker saying that Josh told Charlie he had a big surprise for him... and then Braden cried out....

It sounds like he said "I have a surprise for you" and then hit Charlie very quickly.

Then it's likely Braden reacted by crying out when he saw his brother get hit...

Then he went after Braden and that's why Braden was hit more than once, because he knew it was coming.

it can't possibly get any worse

By COLLEEN CURRY and CHRIS CUOMO (@ChrisCuomo)
Feb. 10, 2012

Josh Powell's computer had images of animated incestuous sex on it, authorities have revealed.

The images were realistic computer-generated depictions of parent-child sex, Detective Ed Troyer of the Pierce County Sheriff's Department told the Associated Press.

The computer was taken by police following the 2009 disappearance of Powell's wife, Susan Cox, but the images were brought up for the first time publicly in a court custody hearing last week.

NG said on her show, I believe it was the same night she showed pics of the house and floor plan, that JP had hung up pictures of Susan all over the living room walls they were killed in. Has anyone else heard this?

I was wondering how they could even tell since it was such a massive fire.

Also IIRC, she had a reporter on that said the boy's bodies had gasoline actually poured on their bodies before the fire.

I thought I would see it reported after the show but I still haven't seen anything.Any help appreciated.

BBM....

I heard and read LE talking about that the day of the fire, but speaking in the past tense - as in: JP had had pictures of Susan up, probably seen during visitation, and probably as part of his act. Like, look what a good dad I am to my boys... pics of their mom everywhere... whatever.

Who knows what the criteria is for being a contracted case worker hired by the state? What training is required and involved? What sort of certification do you have to have? I want to know as an FYI. I'm curious. PS.. it's pretty bad when the government has to hire private agencies to help manage their case loads and accommodate the PARENTS of these kids that are being neglected and/or in danger. What is going on here?? Since when do INEPT parents dictate when and where SUPERVISED visitation takes place? I am simply livid - over it all.

Qualifications depend on the state and differs from area to area. To be in child welfare and protective services, you usually have to be a Social Worker. Social work is considered a profession much like psychology and workers are bound by certain practice and ethics and training and education is the same no matter what college you go to or what state you live in.

Some states do not require a social work degree and just require a Bachelor's in any discipline with a certain amount of credits in psychology and sociology and leave the actual training up to the agency.

The government does not have to hire outside agencies. Outside agencies and private agencies receive government funds to operate in partnership with state and local agencies. They are for profit. There has been a growing roar in Child Welfare to give back most of the control to the government agencies because private agencies often have a "goal" of certain outcomes to receive their government money. The ethical arguments of privatizing child welfare are many. There is also a problem with quality control between the two agencies. There are many articles out there if you want to google them.

Child Welfare is a 24 hour 7 days per week round the clock issue and agencies often contract out for the extra help is badly needed. Government Child welfare workers are notoriously overworked, burned out, underpaid, and just plain overwhelmed. There are so many children out there in need of protective services and not enough workers in the field to help. Especially well trained workers.

The judge makes the decisions and the child welfare agency must carry those orders out. They can advocate to remove the child/change the visitation structure and many do. But ultimately, it is the judge that has the last word. It is also EXTREMELY difficult to remove a child from the home and terminate parental rights, barring very specific abuse and neglect criteria. Believe me, child welfare workers are faced with conflicting issues constantly. There is what they want to do with the job, and what they actually can do with the job, which is why so many protective workers leave. There is an amazing amount of turnover and burnout...hence the demand for contractors. Managed Care also has a negative effect on child welfare/mental health services. Its so layered and I don't want to bore you. lol!

These children were removed from his home, but because he was not charged with Susan's murder it made it even more difficult for child welfare workers to recommend that a judge terminate his rights. It would never happen. Should it have in this case? Yes.

So many balls were dropped and information missed but I blame that on bureaucracy and not this individual worker. She seemed to do everything that she was supposed to do and she is at the mercy of the system while trying to protect those kids.

It really is a mess.

And in light of this horrific tragedy that may or may not have been avoided, I worry very much about Michelle Parker's little boys. That case is the mirror image of this one, except her X actually has custody and could do anything at any time.

From page 2 of the search warrant:

Investigators were able to determine that an accelerant was used inside the home. A subsequent examination of the victims by the Medical Examiner's Office found that sharp impact wounds were located on the back of the head of the two children, who were identified as Powell's children, Charlie and Braden. A hatchet was recovered near the bodies by PCSD investigators. Additionally, accelerant was apparently used on the bodies and two gas
canisters were recovered.

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/news/documents/2012/02/10/DocumentView.cfm.pdf

~~~~

BBM....

I heard and read LE talking about that the day of the fire, but speaking in the past tense - as in: JP had had pictures of Susan up, probably seen during visitation, and probably as part of his act. Like, look what a good dad I am to my boys... pics of their mom everywhere... whatever.

Thanks. That makes more sense. I just couln't figure out how they could tell due the fire. But you are right, I bet the social worker is the one who told LE this info.

Investigators were able to determine that an accelerant was used inside the home. A subsequent examination of the victims by the Medical Examiner's Office found that sharp impact wounds were located on the back of the head of the two children, who were identified as Powell's children, Charlie and Braden. A hatchet was recovered near the bodies by PCSD investigators. Additionally, accelerant was apparently used on the bodies and two gas

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/news/documents/2012/02/10/DocumentView.cfm.pdf

~~~~
This was not desperation. This was absolute RAGE.

Did anyone notice the photo shown on the Dr. Phil show of JP & Susan with Josh standing with an axe?

I was just wondering if this is the "hatchet" they are referring to. If maybe he had shortened to handle to make it a "hatchet".

Was this something he kept in the rented storage building and this is the reason he visited the bldg. the day prior to the murders?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7589967&postcount=388"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Media Links - No Discussion[/ame]
Thanks to Dr. Know for this tweet
so WHO bought the gasoline?
Did jp have HELP???
Now I see why people think jp could of faked his death
Do we have positive DNA from male found in the house of horrors???

Oh my! Is the gas video posted yet?

I'm looking for more tweets and hope WS finds out. Can this get anyworse?
I really don't want to read anymore but can't leave either.........
I feel so pulled........:what:

This was not desperation. This was absolute RAGE.

Definitely rage; parents poison/OD their kids but hacking them to death?

The fact that the boys' COD was carbon monoxide poisoning and IF the lungs/throat/mouth were not seared, which would have shown they were still breathing, then they died first and he put accelerant to burn/destroy bodies. Something is off. IMHO

The social worker said she knocked on the door for 10 minutes before calling 911 and response time was 22 minutes to scene. This gave him at least 15 minutes to do whatever. Make calls? Send e-mails?

I'm looking for more tweets and hope WS finds out. Can this get anyworse?
I really don't want to read anymore but can't leave either.........
I feel so pulled........:what:

It seems it is going to get worse, everyday a new tidbit released. I too want to stop, but cannot. I just hope the Cox's can hold up, if it is hard on us, imagine what they are going through. Learning through facebook and t.v. stations little details as we do. Makes me mad LE isn't talking to them!

I surmise that the tweet means that police were looking at a video of a man pumping gas into gas cans to see if it was JP but then they determined it was not JP. That's my take anyway.

~~~~

The Medical Examiner's Office found that sharp impact wounds were located on the back of the head of the two children

Accelerant was apparently used on the bodies.

Sadly, Nancy Grace had it right, didn't she?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back