AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just GOT THAT! I'm editing my posts now! THANK YOU!

I'm sure most of us did the same when we first joined.

Did you happen to learn why this woman left home on foot? Was she angry with her parents or something? Who would plan to travel 40 miles on foot? I am so confused about this story.

Did you happen to learn why this woman left home on foot? Was she angry with her parents or something? Who would plan to travel 40 miles on foot? I am so confused about this story.

HeinekenMan, I know your post wasn't directed at me but I thought I'd offer some input. From what I've read, BW didn't have a car and according to WH, DH told BW that she could come if she found a way there and back. I guess she was planning on hitchhiking or catching a ride with a friend? It seems as though her family was aware (and didn't care, IMO) that she was leaving on foot for his place.

I also recall reading that BW frequently jumped from place to place as far as her living arrangements are concerned. It seems as though she and her family weren't extremely close. That's NOT to say that they don't love her and are not worried sick about her.

I have a young female relative who's lived with several family members over the past few years. She's 18 and currently living with me.

It would not be unusual for her to take off on foot, expecting to run into someone she knows who'd give her a lift.

I can keep track of her using the Find Friends app.

HeinekenMan, I know your post wasn't directed at me but I thought I'd offer some input. From what I've read, BW didn't have a car and according to WH, DH told BW that she could come if she found a way there and back. I guess she was planning on hitchhiking or catching a ride with a friend? It seems as though her family was aware (and didn't care, IMO) that she was leaving on foot for his place.

I also recall reading that BW frequently jumped from place to place as far as her living arrangements are concerned. It seems as though she and her family weren't extremely close. That's NOT to say that they don't love her and are not worried sick about her.

The 18 year old girl who lives with me has had some turbulence in her life over the past few years. There are many reasons for her rotating relocation(s). None of those reasons are related to the closeness of her family. There is fierce loyalty and devotion. Turmoil has caused physical distance only.

I'm not saying any of the above is true of BW, just that it's not always possible to interpret family dynamics from a distance.

We can make references to Facebook comments that are pertinent to the victim, however, we can't quote FB. We have to summarize what is being said and basically state that it is a rumor. However, we shouldn't get bogged down in lots of rumors either. We try to stick to facts that could help us figure out what happened to the victim and anything that might lead us to help find the victim. And that sure can seem like a fine line sometimes.

I wonder if Brittney might have become upset about something and wandered away to a friend's house. Maybe this got out of control and now she is frightened to come home. Perhaps she even feels that something she did or said caused the uncle's suicide, even if that was not the case.

I wish we had more information from LE...and like others have stated here, more media coverage about Brittney's case.

Sorry I stepped away! No, didn't learn anything about why she left on foot. "Barefoot," actually. I believe it was her mother who said, on local news, that Brittney ALWAYS "walked"everywhere she went! She "loved" to walk. ??!

As far as her "walking" 40 miles on foot. IMO the assumption is that Brittney would usually catch a ride or hitchhike if she needed to go someplace.

So the "she always went barefoot," and was going to her uncle's river house, which just happens to be 40 miles away, didn't seem out of the norm for this family.

Clearly she didn't walk 40 miles. I'm assuming that she must have had friends, etc that would give her rides.

This whole thing makes no sense. Who drove her there? Somebody did! And the fact that she's been missing over a week....... Just doesn't make sense. Plus the fact that it was several days before it hit the news too. I'm wondering if the family contacted police right away or what?

I still haven't heard who has her little daughter at the moment. Brittney's mother talked as if because Brittney hadn't been on Facebook at all meant something was clearly wrong. She also mentioned that Brittney called her everyday.

So with that said, it makes me wonder where Brittney lived or if she lived with someone, other than her mother. Nothing adds up.

The 18 year old girl who lives with me has had some turbulence in her life over the past few years. There are many reasons for her rotating relocation(s). None of those reasons are related to the closeness of her family. There is fierce loyalty and devotion. Turmoil has caused physical distance only.

I'm not saying any of the above is true of BW, just that it's not always possible to interpret family dynamics from a distance.

A big AMEN to that! Same happened with my daughter although I had a good network with the moms of a couple of her friends and she knew they would take her in and then a mom would call me without her knowledge.She still doesn't know to this day.

Teenage years aged me 50 yrs. I'm her adoptive mom and she was always testing my love!

I'm just surprised the uncle didn't come pick Brittany up.

I read that her cell phone was either off or not ringing when she first showed up missing and about three days ago some friends called it and it was ringing and the voicemail was full. Her phone had to be charged or turned back on for this to happen. This could be why the police do not seem concerned. They must know more than they are sharing.

We can make references to Facebook comments that are pertinent to the victim, however, we can't quote FB. We have to summarize what is being said and basically state that it is a rumor. However, we shouldn't get bogged down in lots of rumors either. We try to stick to facts that could help us figure out what happened to the victim and anything that might lead us to help find the victim. And that sure can seem like a fine line sometimes.

I wonder if Brittney might have become upset about something and wandered away to a friend's house. Maybe this got out of control and now she is frightened to come home. Perhaps she even feels that something she did or said caused the uncle's suicide, even if that was not the case.

I wish we had more information from LE...and like others have stated here, more media coverage about Brittney's case.

LE isn't putting anything out there. I do know that the family complained that it took so long to hit the news. So why did it take so long? Makes me wonder what this poor girl's life was like.

And what about her child? Did Brittney have custody of her daughter? Who had the daughter when Brittney decided to go to "Uncle Donnie's" house on Styx River?

So many unanswered questions.

I read that her cell phone was either off or not ringing when she first showed up missing and about three days ago some friends called it and it was ringing and the voicemail was full. Her phone had to be charged or turned back on for this to happen. This could be why the police do not seem concerned. They must know more than they are sharing.

why would her phone have to be on or charged for the inbox to be full or ringing? My boss turns off his phone but my calls will still go to his voicemail and the phone still rings(when I am calling him).

Or am I reading what was said wrong? Its been a long weekend and I have already had a glass of vino--could be me ya know?:what:

I didn't mean anything negative by what I said. I don't consider myself and my family close, but at the same time I love them and would do anything for them, if that makes sense.

Y'all know what's confusing me?

1) Unless I've misunderstood, One of DH's Styx River neighbors claims to have seen BW the night in question sitting outside on a tire swing. She said she waved and said hi but BW didn't move or speak.

2) BW's cell phone last pinged in the Styx River area.

3) WH claims that she was at the Styx River location that night with DH, and BW was not there. She also says that she dropped DH off the next morning in Fairhope, drove somewhere to drop the kids off, came back to the house an hour and a half later, and DH had shot himself.

4) Last, on Facebook I thought I read that WH lives in Florida? Granted, we're really close to Florida but I'm just wondering why they didn't live together IF they didn't. Were they having problems? Everything seems really spread out...home in Robertsdale, home in Fairhope, possible Florida home, and I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I read DH's funeral was in Mobile.

why would her phone have to be on or charged for the inbox to be full or ringing? My boss turns off his phone but my calls will still go to his voicemail and the phone still rings(when I am calling him).

Or am I reading what was said wrong? Its been a long weekend and I have already had a glass of vino--could be me ya know?:what:

I took this to mean that originally the calls were going straight to voicemail . After three days it was then ringing and not being answered and going to voicemail
Ie someone turned the phone on and also if it's still ringing out then it must have been charged as we can perhaps assume brittney is safe given that if someone other than brittney had the phone then they wouldn't be allowing themselves to be tracked by turning it on with her sim card in it

If her phone is continuing to be charged and is only going to voicemail because the message box is full, I think that someone could have her phone and cannot get to the messages because they are protected with a password. However, what I can't understand is why they would continue to use it.

If she has her phone one of the only reasons I can figure she would continue to use that phone would be so people who do know she is still alive could contact her at that number, however if that were the case, wouldnt she want to clear her messages so she could get ones from those people even if she is avoiding the others, YKWIM?

Also, do we know if she had ever stayed with her aunt and uncle if she had a history of moving from house to house?

If she left the home in a hurry, I can see her calling someone for a ride as she walked so I think her call history is important for that and other reasons.

I think a lot of the confusion over the cell phone is coming from "family bickering" on FB.

Nothing on the 5:00 news about Brittney. Waiting to see what, if anything, is on at 6.

Just a thought..there was a four day music festival in Arkansas that started on May 31st.
Wonder if any of her friends are also MIA ? I do not know her but she does appear to party quite a bit from her FB page. She may just be scared to come home at this point.

I dont know what it is but something sure is strange here.
Her family if i read correctly did not go to Uncle Donnie's service.

Where is she?
I have a feeling this young woman is hiding!

Why would this guy kill himself after a visit from her?
Who took her there?

so many questions and so few answers!

I think a lot of the confusion over the cell phone is coming from "family bickering" on FB.

Nothing on the 5:00 news about Brittney. Waiting to see what, if anything, is on at 6.

They are bickering alot thats for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member