AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
how about contacting a PI with the bringisahome site? one would think 60,500 is more than enough motivation for a week or two's worth of pro bono sleuthing?

if you google tucson pi's, a dozen or so come up. the acme group, nathe & nathe...i wonder if any of them have done some investigating already.

there's also james spring...he specializes in child abduction/disappearances and has expertise in mexico. not sure how good he is but if contacted, i wonder if he'd consider taking a look at the case. he has a myspace page iirc.

another suggestion is a facebook campaign. i don't have an account (don't laugh at me lol) but what if we just start to ask these questions, as concerned citizens? such as, 'how are the boys doing...are they receiving counseling?'...or 'is rebecca back at work?'...simple stuff. a barrage of honest interest might prompt some movement or better yet, responses from the admin's (both 'find isabel' fb pages).

i agree that we won't see any PI activity from the family so it has to come from an outside source (us). movement is progress, even if negative (such as fb posts being removed). kwim? thoughts?

no...parents could have hired one w/ their donation money, right away...
PIs dont have a bunch of red tape and politics like LE does.....another good reason to hire one for a case such as this or for any case....many people just wont talk to law enforcement for whatever reason....but will talk to a PI....

PIs also work for attorneys which i would have thought at least by now, they would have obtained one since daddy cant be around his kiddos.....

them hiring a PI is a very good idea.....but i think they know what happened to her and would never do such a thing....

If it was my daughter missing, I would pay for it with our own $$, with the donations, with anything I could find. Mortgage the house, c/c, 401K, relatives, etc. But then again I would be screaming for ANY media attention and begging for my daughter back.

I continue to be amazed at their lack of action. Telling, telling!

I know what the Celis family would say. They would say they are letting the TPD investigate and they have confidence in them. Hey, and it's free, paid for with tax dollars.

And...IF you accidentally or purposely killed a child AND you didn't want to get caught and then go to prison, would you hire a P.I. to investigate the case? No, of course not. You would not do anything to put more eyeballs or resources on the case. You would say nothing and do nothing to bring more attention to yourself. You would hope this whole thing would grow cold and fade away. This is what I believe is going on with the Celis family, not unlike some other missing kid families.

Now who here is going to sponsor a P.I.? (it won't be coming from the Celis' or their donations).

I had a dream last night about Isa and El Paso :/ - yeah not worth typing I know but more news than anyone else is putting out there lol

I haven't been posting on the Isabel board lately but read here daily to keep up with new posts. I'm losing interest in the case because there haven't been any new developments and because I don't believe that the Celis family has any interest in their daughter being located - whether dead or alive. As the parents suggested in the first week or so following Isabel's "disappearance", the family was ready to move on and begin the "healing" process.

If the parents truly believed that Isabel had been "abducted", wasn't there a good chance that she was still alive and could be brought home? I, for one, would think that they have done anything possible to bring Isa home, but the parents didn't plea for their daughter's safe return. Why would Isabel's parents need to begin "healing" if their daughter might be alive?

This made no sense to me then, nor does it make sense now. The parents wanted this to just go away, and it seems that they have succeeded. If her own parents don't care about finding Isabel, why should I? Isabel who? :moo:

I haven't been posting on the Isabel board lately but read here daily to keep up with new posts. I'm losing interest in the case because there haven't been any new developments and because I don't believe that the Celis family has any interest in their daughter being located - whether dead or alive. As the parents suggested in the first week or so following Isabel's "disappearance", the family was ready to move on and begin the "healing" process.

If the parents truly believed that Isabel had been "abducted", wasn't there a good chance that she was still alive and could be brought home? I, for one, would think that they have done anything possible to bring Isa home, but the parents didn't plea for their daughter's safe return. Why would Isabel's parents need to begin "healing" if their daughter might be alive?

This made no sense to me then, nor does it make sense now. The parents wanted this to just go away, and it seems that they have succeeded. If her own parents don't care about finding Isabel, why should I? Isabel who? :moo:

Your post made me very sad!! This makes TWO cases that I have followed this year that I would bet my life savings on that their parents vanished them and are getting away with murder. It is MORE than heartbreaking.

BUT we have to care. It is my belief that if we aren't part of the solution then we are part of the problem.

I pray that Isabel and Aliayah are both found, and that whoever (yes mom and dad i believe it is you) is responsible will be forced to pay with THEIR lives for what they have done to these precious girls.

I think the problem is often political.

The TPD may well have what they think is a rock solid case, (or the makings of one) but they are being told it's not enough for an arrest by the local DA's office.

Sometimes they have to investigate off in a tangent before they get PROOF, or proof of something else to use as a lever. Perhaps this is the case here...they may be looking into other illegal activities the parent/s were involved in, which is all time consuming and may lead nowhere, but may also be the key to unlocking it all.

At the very least I would like to see TPD make more of an effort to keep the public informed, even if it is just with media releases saying not much of anything, just so we know they are still working hard...and the offender knows they haven't stopped looking.

I'm trying to keep the faith that SOMEONE in the case will start talking soon, for Isa.

I, too, check in daily hoping there will finally be a break in her case.

Please let the people who disappeared Isa just come clean so she can have a decent burial.

Same with Aliyah. And Skye. And Lisa. And Ayla. And Jhessye.

And so many others.....

Your post made me very sad!! This makes TWO cases that I have followed this year that I would bet my life savings on that their parents vanished them and are getting away with murder. It is MORE than heartbreaking.

Respectfully edited.

I'm saddened, too, but the truth is that there have been far too many cases of children "disappearing" - possibly and/or probably at the hands of family members - and getting away with it :furious: Enough already!

BUT we have to care. It is my belief that if we aren't part of the solution then we are part of the problem.

I pray that Isabel and Aliayah are both found, and that whoever (yes mom and dad i believe it is you) is responsible will be forced to pay with THEIR lives for what they have done to these precious girls.

ditto.

:(

how about contacting a PI with the bringisahome site? one would think 60,500 is more than enough motivation for a week or two's worth of pro bono sleuthing?

if you google tucson pi's, a dozen or so come up. the acme group, nathe & nathe...i wonder if any of them have done some investigating already.

there's also james spring...he specializes in child abduction/disappearances and has expertise in mexico. not sure how good he is but if contacted, i wonder if he'd consider taking a look at the case. he has a myspace page iirc.

another suggestion is a facebook campaign. i don't have an account (don't laugh at me lol) but what if we just start to ask these questions, as concerned citizens? such as, 'how are the boys doing...are they receiving counseling?'...or 'is rebecca back at work?'...simple stuff. a barrage of honest interest might prompt some movement or better yet, responses from the admin's (both 'find isabel' fb pages).

i agree that we won't see any PI activity from the family so it has to come from an outside source (us). movement is progress, even if negative (such as fb posts being removed). kwim? thoughts?

that guy is iffy in my book ... he found kids once as far as I know and his past, while it may be in the past and far in the past, is a meth runner by his own admission. He is not a PI, but lists himself as a copywriter and other things. No one really knows what his role was in the McStay case and he appears to possibly related to an iffy site iR3

There was a body found in Mid Town (about 5.5 miles from Isa's home). It's said to be a woman's body and a neighbor in the area saw a black male in a white t-shirt dump her body in a dumpster.

I'm posting this as some articles and tweets are just saying a female body.

Tucson police: Woman's body found in Dumpster

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/cri...cle_46a25b18-ca91-11e1-be2e-0019bb2963f4.html

Unfortunately it is in a part of town that wouldn't suprize me that this has happened. Probably involves drugs (they were probably on drugs).

I, too, check in daily hoping there will finally be a break in her case.

Please let the people who disappeared Isa just come clean so she can have a decent burial.

Same with Aliyah. And Skye. And Lisa. And Ayla. And Jhessye.

And so many others.....

The trouble is, their bodies are so tiny the chances are they will never be recovered.

Leaving a tiny body out overnight in some areas will result in it pretty much being gone by the next day due to scavengers.

Another body found out in the desert. It's a man's body.

TucsonNewsNow‏@TucsonNewsNow

RT @K_Adger_TNN: Body found SW of #Tucson. #pimacountysheriff say its an adult male. More on #KOLD News 13 @ 4 http://twitpic.com/a66qqk

http://twitpic.com/a66qqk

Notice how wide and open the picture of the desert is. You can see for miles in areas. That's everywhere outside Tucson.

Add to the list, Ava and Sky. :rose::rose:

The trouble is, their bodies are so tiny the chances are they will never be recovered.

Leaving a tiny body out overnight in some areas will result in it pretty much being gone by the next day due to scavengers.

Just breaks my heart. I couldn't leave a deceased pet gerbil to the elements, for Pete's sake.

These are not pets, these are children, often the flesh and bone of the people that have killed them. And to toss them out like trash just infuriates me to no end. And that these horrible parents are just clamming up and getting away with murder makes me crazy.

The rules of investigating have got to change and the gloves have to come off when a child goes missing! When a baby disappears from their bed, in their HOME, in the middle of the night, then that home is a crime scene and needs to be secured right away and the parents and anyone in that home need to be SUSPECTS and not victims.

I am sorry, because I know these things happen to innocent parents, too, but a missing child IS NOT the same as a missing adult and should not be investigated the same.

I honestly would expect to be under scrutiny and heavily questioned should my child ever go missing from my home.

How are these people just clamming up and getting away with that, over and over in case after case????

And to toss them out like trash just infuriates me to no end. And that these horrible parents are just clamming up and getting away with murder makes me crazy.
{snip}
How are these people just clamming up and getting away with that, over and over in case after case????

Well to be fair, we don't know that some of these children were not buried by their parent/guardian and instead were "tossed out." Although yes, many unfortunately are. But look at JonBenet & how her parents staged her body--sickening, all to avoid prosecution, left in a hidden room in the cellar of her own home.

How do people get away with clamming up when there's been a crime? It's called the Constitution of the U.S. and the Bill of Rights. The right not to self-incriminate.

But let's say for a moment what happened to Isa was an accident and the family member who did this did not intend to kill her. They're still looking at manslaughter or negligent homicide at a minimum, with maybe 10 years in prison. What are their options at this point (other than turning themselves in)?

Fake an abduction is the next option I suppose. They still have to deal with a body though. They can't bring the life back no matter how much wishing and praying they do and they have to do something...

This is not an uncommon scenario. We know children sometimes die through the actions of a parent or guardian even if the death was not intended. And no, it's not okay, but it does happen. It makes it worse, this staging. Imagine instead if a parent just confessed and didn't try and create an alternative crime scene. "Yes, I snapped and hit my child and caused injuries that resulted in her death. I didn't mean it. I'm confessing." The question is, could you forgive them?

This is not an uncommon scenario. We know children sometimes die through the actions of a parent or guardian even if the death was not intended. And no, it's not okay, but it does happen. It makes it worse, this staging. Imagine instead if a parent just confessed and didn't try and create an alternative crime scene. "Yes, I snapped and hit my child and caused injuries that resulted in her death. I didn't mean it. I'm confessing." The question is, could you forgive them?

Whittled down by me.

Most of the time, I can't forgive. I don't see a bad temper as something that could not be avoided. An accident can be avoided (that's why cops call them wrecks not car accidents).

I have read about accidents that I could forgive people for, just because they have been true accidents. One example was a child here that was killed by gunshot. She was taken out hunting for the first time by her grandfather, it was a big thing, she had just had a birthday and considered old enough, as a treat to go out with Grandpa. The gun went off as he was putting it down. (police were called immediately, Grandpa was never charged). My heart went out to him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoffeeStan