*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I am not a batman fan so I dont really know the movie etc. Thanks for posting the info on it. It does make me wonder if maybe JH was telling the police he was the joker he was referring to the joker always getting found not guilty by insanity. Basically him saying in your face I am gonna get off with insanity.

wow... so very twisted.

Who knows, is it possible, he was killing a few pets and people before? It may just look like a sudden onset of MI. He could be as many stated on here - Crazy like a Fox.

Ann Rule worked right beside Ted Bundy. She didn't immediately sense his evil, but did once she learned the facts and put the puzzle together.

Great analysis! I suspect the whole AFF sex site thing was because he pondered what he would be giving up in prison, do the stuff in the outside world that you can't do inside the cage. Wild (hetero) sex was one of those things.

I don't know how rational he was, but when you think about it an act like this is a form of "crossing over". His existence would never be the same, much like dying in a way, only he keeps on living in a different environment while being perceived completely differently.

I doubt he's giving up wild (hetero) sex by going to prison.

I thought he finished his undergrad in 2010 so what was he doing for a year? Working at McD's?

maybe and preparing for this grad school.
He tried applying at UNiv of Arizona too

It appears the reports that the package sat in mail room for a week were false. University of Colorado says the package was received on Monday. And if that accurate this letter was not any sort of warning or "cry for help."

"Ed. note: An original version of this story stated that the package sent to the university sat unopened for days. In a statement released late Wednesday, the University of Colorado-Denver/Anschutz Medical Campus denied those reports and said the package wasn't delivered by U.S. Postal Service until Monday, July 23:"
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_1...from-colo-suspect/?tag=cbsContent;cbsCarousel

Was he in school from May 2010 to May 2011?

I'm interested in that time period too. I think that's when he had a hard time finding a good job and might've been living in the family home.

I thought he finished his undergrad in 2010 so what was he doing for a year? Working at McD's?

Reportedly he did work at McDonalds because he couldn't find a job.

Honestly I am not a batman fan so I dont really know the movie etc. Thanks for posting the info on it. It does make me wonder if maybe JH was telling the police he was the joker he was referring to the joker always getting found not guilty by insanity. Basically him saying in your face I am gonna get off with insanity.

Haha, I feel ya. I don't read comics. I just happened to tell my hubby something about I didn't understand about the joker bc he was a goof ball. My hubby goes " are you kidding? The joker was a serial killer that always got off" he then explained a few things then I researched it. Yes, he was right. I was shocked.

It appears the reports that the package sat in mail room for a week were false. University of Colorado says the package was received on Monday. And if that accurate this letter was not any sort of warning or "cry for help."

"Ed. note: An original version of this story stated that the package sent to the university sat unopened for days. In a statement released late Wednesday, the University of Colorado-Denver/Anschutz Medical Campus denied those reports and said the package wasn't delivered by U.S. Postal Service until Monday, July 23:"
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_1...from-colo-suspect/?tag=cbsContent;cbsCarousel

Thank you for the link. Is the "letter" and "notebook" the same or different?

I feel the need to comment on these brain tumor things... A family friend passed away after a long battle with brain cancer. She was in exceptional pain, and it was that combined with multiple other symptoms that led to her diagnosis- years before she passed away.

At the VERY end, she began to lose "sense of thing" and ended up doing some non-normal acts. But this was within the last few weeks of her life. None of them were violent acts, but rather due to lack of memory.

I find it exceptionally hard to believe that he is suffering from a brain tumor. After seeing the effects on this lady- there is no way he would have it impact him this dramatically without it being quite advance...

I know that people feel the need to find a reason to explain his actions.. however, I stand by there being true evil in the world... and this being a case of it. JMHO

It would be interesting to see how he depicted himself in the notebook. Was he the joker or just a guy shooting up a theater.

I'm sure we will never know what are in the contents of that notebook.

It would be interesting to see how he depicted himself in the notebook. Was he the joker or just a guy shooting up a theater.

I'm sure we will never know what are in the contents of that notebook.

We would have, if this was Florida. They would have to photocopy every page and release it to the public.

According to news reports he was living at home and working at McDonalds. Could not find a real job with his credentials. Then he went to grad school. I suspect, in time, we will hear more about this part of his life?

Ok because the link was mentioning letter ..

No. The statement from the university says "package." Letter was my words. Here, the statement word for word:
"Officials at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus can confirm that the suspicious package discovered at the Facilities Services building on Monday, July 23, 2012, was delivered to the campus by the United States Postal Service that same day, immediately investigated and turned over to authorities within hours of delivery. This package prompted the building's evacuation at 12:26 p.m. and employees were allowed to return by 3:06 p.m."

Crisis Intervention does not usually include mail from an unknown sender. If there was a crisis with a patient there would usually be visits or calls involved, imo.

Right. And boy, do we really continue with intense assumptions. We don't know that the doctor he sent it to was a clinical psychiatrist, treating any patients at all! He could have been a professor or a research psychiatrist at the school. They don't have patients.

Studies have shown violent sociopaths often have less gray matter in certain areas of the brain used for impulse control and I believe empathy.

Head blows/injury can also damage certain parts of the brain causing behavior changes. Bobby Joe Long was a perfectly normal guy turned serial killer after a motorcycle accident, he woke up in the hospital and started fantasizing about raping women, which turned into serial murder.

Brain tumors could effect the same areas of the brain depending on the location of the tumor. I doubt this is a brain tumor BUT tumors of that sort can cause aberrant behavior. I realize it is easier to just say "evil monster" as then no sympathy is required.

BBM. What you are saying may be true, but I do not believe that soul, or choice or good vs. evil do not play a part. And I'm sorry, but I simply can't feel sympathy for sociopaths who destroy others. Should I feel sorry for casey anthony? scott peterson? joseph duncan? Hitler?

Maybe it makes me unevolved but I'm saving my sympathy for their victims.

Would you say the same about the experts discussing this case in the news? Frankly, I don't see us discussing the "why" as being any different than what is currently being shown all across new stations and online. Experts giving their opinions. Of course, nobody can give an absolute diagnosis. Nobody is privy to that information yet. We discuss and throw out possible theories.

Personally, I have not seen anyone excusing what he has done.

I think any expert who professes to know or be certain what the coward's mental status is, is an irresponsible blow hole and should shut the heck up. Most of them are essentially whoring themselves out for money and I don't trust a word they say.

Discussing the possibility of what could be going on in the mind of a murderer like this guy is one thing. Stating a certainty is quite another and very irresponsible for an expert who has not examined him, to do. It just makes for good ratings.

As far as not seeing anyone excusing what he was done, I have posted a few examples of just that. They are re-posted below.

Basically, you can word it all you want but when people talk about sympathy for a murderer, or how their brain matter or brain tumors prevents them from being able to control what they do, or how mental illness renders them not responsible for their acts or how a mentally ill person who commits a violent act is not the same as a drunk who decides to get on the road with his vehicle, but more like a diabetic who has insulin shock, that is excusing and justifying what this person did. What else would you call that?

The difference is we have posters here stating they know he is mentally ill. The only people who can know that for sure will be the psychiatrists who evaluate him.

Right.

Interesting, from what little I know mental health professionals do NOT presume to diagnose anyone without having personally interviewed them, it is some sort of professional ethics thing.

For a psychiatrist to see someone in a short court room video, under stress, and then decide they are probably "faking it" seems quite unusual indeed. Perhaps psychiatric diagnosis is a whole lot simpler than we are lead to believe.

Yes. I agree. But many have no problem when "experts" or laypersons do the opposite and deem this creep to be absolutely and seriously ill. Why is that?

I have followed the Giddings/McDaniel case very closely (local to me) and I do agree, I do not think Stephen is insane. This Holmes guy I am not so sure about, a lot of the things he has done do not seem rational at all.

Well, the guy in that case allegedly suddenly attacked a friend, neighbor and fellow student, who he had known for years, because, as he stated, she wanted his penis, and then he decided to kill her before losing his virginity with her dead corpse and finally hacked her body to bits with a hacksaw that he afterwards kept in his possession, and dumped her body on the property where he lived. Why is he not crazy and this one is? According to some posters, anyone who commits such an act must be severely insane.

BBM. Please see above.

And yeah, I think such discussion is fine but it gets aggravating when people are stating it as fact and that has happened repeatedly.

Bump for those who keep asserting that there has been no excusing or justification of the murderer's behavior.

Ann Rule worked right beside Ted Bundy. She didn't immediately sense his evil, but did once she learned the facts and put the puzzle together.

Yeah in hindsight all sorts of things become "obvious" especially if you can write a book about it. In the real world Ted Bundy wasn't evil around her, and most people are not one dimensional. That is why people live with sociopaths and have "no idea they could do such a thing!". They are NOT one dimensional, they can be honestly pleasant/polite/helpful etc....

BTW I am just finishing Ann Rule's book "Everything She Ever Wanted" right now, she is a pretty decent writer. Apparently Mr. Bundy gifted her with a new career.

I feel the need to comment on these brain tumor things... A family friend passed away after a long battle with brain cancer. She was in exceptional pain, and it was that combined with multiple other symptoms that led to her diagnosis- years before she passed away.

At the VERY end, she began to lose "sense of thing" and ended up doing some non-normal acts. But this was within the last few weeks of her life. None of them were violent acts, but rather due to lack of memory.

I find it exceptionally hard to believe that he is suffering from a brain tumor. After seeing the effects on this lady- there is no way he would have it impact him this dramatically without it being quite advance...

I know that people feel the need to find a reason to explain his actions.. however, I stand by there being true evil in the world... and this being a case of it. JMHO
I will go out on a limb and say this young man is not suffering from a brain tumor. Despite how comforting this would be for his family, I am hard pressed to see this as being the cause for his actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaleyilene01