Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #3 *M. Bridger guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's bringing on the tears eh? If he had any true sorrow for anyone but himself he'd say where he'd put April's body.

You've already decided he's guilty as charged then?

If he is inncent it would be natural to cry, if he is innocent then he doesn't know where April is.

Hi, I read a lot but dont tend to post, one thing that has played on my mind was the initial witness statement we were informed of was that April got in the side with the driver OR a,left drive vehicle. How could a 7 year old child remember and distinguish such information, especially when the colour was described completely different?! I dont have a theory, its just one of those things that make you wonder. Still hoping April is alive and police are wrong :(

I'm wondering if the child has said left hand side meaning when looking head on at the car or if it's from the side of the car.

if its looking at the car then its not a left hand drive at all.

I'm wondering if the child has said left hand side meaning when looking head on at the car or if it's from the side of the car.

I'm pretty sure police would have been very careful when interviewing her. They would have asked her which way the car was facing, which direction it travelled in, drew diagrams etc

You've already decided he's guilty as charged then?

If he is inncent it would be natural to cry, if he is innocent then he doesn't know where April is.

I think it's highly unlikely he's innocent. But you're right, he's not been convicted yet.

Bottom line my friends.
Eyewitness says .she entered his truck
He is charged with kidnapping and murder, obstruction of justice.
She has not been located.
This is their case. We want to know their evidence to support the charges! And then pony up!

Has this every been publicly stated? I've followed this case on tv, online, on this forum and one other. I can't remember anything other than the 7 year old witness saying it was light coloured and small at the front/big at the back (or similar wording).

As they were after him from the very beginning, I guess she must have told the police it was him, but as far as I can tell, this has never been made public?

The child probably said the car was parked here, facing that way and April got in this door. All of that would be easy to tell in the dark, even by a young child, I see no oddness in it.

I imagine the witness saw how the car was parked and saw which door April climbed in. It would be very easy to tell if it was the left hand side or the right. My 4 year old would be able to say, even in the dark.

And it wasn't dark in that place at that time, as per a poster on this forum who lives in that region. I am still somewhat concerned by the color description. Though if Bridger cried when the charges were read out, my take on that is that it does show he was involved in some way. I think if one has been arrested by mistake, your anxiety about your own situation probably prevents tears for the dead child.

BBM

Detectives also released an image of Bridger's car, a blue Land Rover Discovery with the registration L503 MEP.

As the hunt continues for April, Detective Superintendent Reg Bevan of Dyfed-Powys police said he was releasing the images to appeal for information from the public about any sightings of the car or Bridger from 5pm on Monday night to 3.30pm on Tuesday, when the 46-year-old was arrested as he walked down the A487 north of the Dyfi bridge outside the town.

Bevan revealed the car – a left-hand drive – had been found in a repair shop in the town on Tuesday and was now the subject of fast-track forensic examination

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/oct/03/mark-bridger-arrested-april-jones

BBM

Detectives also released an image of Bridger's car, a blue Land Rover Discovery with the registration L503 MEP.

As the hunt continues for April, Detective Superintendent Reg Bevan of Dyfed-Powys police said he was releasing the images to appeal for information from the public about any sightings of the car or Bridger from 5pm on Monday night to 3.30pm on Tuesday, when the 46-year-old was arrested as he walked down the A487 north of the Dyfi bridge outside the town.

Bevan revealed the car – a left-hand drive – had been found in a repair shop in the town on Tuesday and was now the subject of fast-track forensic examination

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/oct/03/mark-bridger-arrested-april-jones

I don't think there's any dispute that MB's landrover is a LHD vehicle. I think the debate is whether the "light coloured van" which the 7 year-old MH said April got into is a LHD or not

And it wasn't dark in that place at that time, as per a poster on this forum who lives in that region. I am still somewhat concerned by the color description. Though if Bridger cried when the charges were read out, my take on that is that it does show he was involved in some way. I think if one has been arrested by mistake, your anxiety about your own situation probably prevents tears for the dead child.

I think if I had been wrongly charged with the murder of a child and was appearing in court, knowing at best I could be going to prison for many months until my trial - I'd be terrified and feel extremely sorry for myself.

I think I'd cry when the charges were read .... if not tears for the dead child, tears for myself that I was being blamed for this and could be locked up for the rest of my life. I think I'd cry for the child too - I bet the court building was full of people who were visibly upset, maybe crying too. I think its natural to cry in that atmosphere.

Just my opinions. I obviously don't know if he is guilty or innocent.

Well all I can say is I hope they have the right man regardless. If not, there is a child abductor at large still :(

For anyone wondering how long the police will keep searching for April

Lisa Dowd Sky News‏@LisaSkyNews
“@BeckyJohnsonSky: Superintendent Ian John tells @SkyNews they are planning to continue the search for #April for at least two weeks”
10:54 AM - 8 Oct 12

Hello All!

I was unable to 'quote' from the last thread either but that glitch seems to have righted itself with this new thread.

What concerns me with this case (and I guess why I have a strong feeling that it smells wrong) is that witness accounts, descriptions and personality traits etc of MB seem to have been made to fit with what the police know and not the other way around.

From what I have understood is that a 7 year old girl (and ONLY a 7 year old girl) initially saw April get into a vehicle. The ONLY thing about that apparent vehicle that ties it to MB is that it was LH drive. It was described in an opposite manner to the vehicle that the police later made public. That child KNEW MB and yet did not say it was his car and if she did then why did the police put out an incorrect description of the vehicle that they were looking for?

Why is it the car they made public was seen parked on his driveway (although apparently 'missing' for an hour early Tuesday morning) - was not impounded straight away? It was right there...and had been described to them and was owned by a man 'known' to them and named? Why wait until 3.30pm on Tuesday to arrest him when they could have gone straight round to his home...or at least first thing the next morning when he and his car were available to them?

If he is and was the most obvious person, perhaps acting immediately may have resulted in April being found asap.

MB the owner of the car that was not impounded immediately, nor needed to be searched for as it was RIGHT THERE, was also right there - NOT in hiding, NOT running away and apparently joining in the search. Witnesses stated that - he was searching with them - NOT that he was acting suspiciously until AFTER he was named as a suspect, when it seemed witnesses started stating what had already been made public.

Had MB been a member of the public to find April alive, his shortcomings would be described as positives: rather than see his many jobs as a negative, he would be described as someone who tried hard to find work, whatever it was etc. Isn't that exactly what the press and public are telling us Brits what we ought to be doing - taking whatever work is available rather than claiming benefits?

Do we actually know when he last worked? How much he was paid? Whether he was frugal? I'm sure I don't know...nor how that makes him guilty, or not.

He MAY be guilty but as yet he is not. I am finding it increasingly uncomfortable that what seem to be 'ordinary' human behaviours are being turned around in order to demonise him and make him 'fit' a guilty persona. I want the evidence to do that.

For example: QUOTE: A potent message the Scorpion chooses to express is that of protection and/or isolation. In fact, they themselves are quite solitary - part of the reason why they symbolize In fact, many people with the Scorpion as their totem tend to have brief spells of passion with a partner only to end the relationship and spend long periods content to be alone.

That seems to describe MB's lifestyle exactly. QUOTE

As far as I am aware, MB is a man who had LONG term relationships. Yes, he had a few (is it 3 total?) but that does not make him a murderer, paedophile nor anti-scocial etc. As far as I am aware, he had not been alone for a long period of time, he had split up only a week earlier...and based on the fact that he had long term relationships, seems to be a man who didn't want to be on his own.

Maybe, just maybe, he chose a Scorpion for a tattoo because he likes the image, or because he is born under that sign?

I know we are all looking for clues but in the midst of that it seems that we know very little as being factual and that is what is making me uncomfortable.

If MB is guilty then I couldn't be happier that he is in custody and will be for a very long time to come. However, based ONLY on what I know (as in what has been made public) it seems as though there are more theories than evidence and conclusions are being made to fit him to the crime with what little there is.

Yesterday, my husband and I were out and about in town and country. We saw a 40+ year old man parked up in an old Defender wearing camo in the middle of a field and didn't find that suspicious.

We saw a foreign, light, creamy-grey coloured Mondeo Estate (LH drive) go past us on the M1 - looked small at the front and big at the back....fitted the description of the wanted car to a 'T' and looked entirely different to a navy blue Defender.

We saw a family with two young children, the man looked similar to MB and had tattoos and did not immediately think child killer/ sex offender....

What I am trying to say (I think) is that MB seems pretty much like a big percentage of the male population. He does not look like a monster (albeit he may be one) and that the only thing that I can see that will point to his guilt, will be that there is irrefutable evidence that he is guilty and nothing else.

What I am trying to say (I think) is that MB seems pretty much like a big percentage of the male population. He does not look like a monster (albeit he may be one) and that the only thing that I can see that will point to his guilt, will be that there is irrefutable evidence that he is guilty and nothing else.

How many do look like monsters though? You can't go by looks. I didn't think Ian Huntley looked evil either but he is. But yes, it's the evidence that will show if he's guilty or not, nothing else.

Hello All!

I was unable to 'quote' from the last thread either but that glitch seems to have righted itself with this new thread.

What concerns me with this case (and I guess why I have a strong feeling that it smells wrong) is that witness accounts, descriptions and personality traits etc of MB seem to have been made to fit with what the police know and not the other way around.

From what I have understood is that a 7 year old girl (and ONLY a 7 year old girl) initially saw April get into a vehicle. The ONLY thing about that apparent vehicle that ties it to MB is that it was LH drive. It was described in an opposite manner to the vehicle that the police later made public. That child KNEW MB and yet did not say it was his car and if she did then why did the police put out an incorrect description of the vehicle that they were looking for?

Why is it the car they made public was seen parked on his driveway (although apparently 'missing' for an hour early Tuesday morning) - was not impounded straight away? It was right there...and had been described to them and was owned by a man 'known' to them and named? Why wait until 3.30pm on Tuesday to arrest him when they could have gone straight round to his home...or at least first thing the next morning when he and his car were available to them?

If he is and was the most obvious person, perhaps acting immediately may have resulted in April being found asap.

MB the owner of the car that was not impounded immediately, nor needed to be searched for as it was RIGHT THERE, was also right there - NOT in hiding, NOT running away and apparently joining in the search. Witnesses stated that - he was searching with them - NOT that he was acting suspiciously until AFTER he was named as a suspect, when it seemed witnesses started stating what had already been made public.

Had MB been a member of the public to find April alive, his shortcomings would be described as positives: rather than see his many jobs as a negative, he would be described as someone who tried hard to find work, whatever it was etc. Isn't that exactly what the press and public are telling us Brits what we ought to be doing - taking whatever work is available rather than claiming benefits?

Do we actually know when he last worked? How much he was paid? Whether he was frugal? I'm sure I don't know...nor how that makes him guilty, or not.

He MAY be guilty but as yet he is not. I am finding it increasingly uncomfortable that what seem to be 'ordinary' human behaviours are being turned around in order to demonise him and make him 'fit' a guilty persona. I want the evidence to do that.

For example: QUOTE: A potent message the Scorpion chooses to express is that of protection and/or isolation. In fact, they themselves are quite solitary - part of the reason why they symbolize In fact, many people with the Scorpion as their totem tend to have brief spells of passion with a partner only to end the relationship and spend long periods content to be alone.

That seems to describe MB's lifestyle exactly. QUOTE

As far as I am aware, MB is a man who had LONG term relationships. Yes, he had a few (is it 3 total?) but that does not make him a murderer, paedophile nor anti-scocial etc. As far as I am aware, he had not been alone for a long period of time, he had split up only a week earlier...and based on the fact that he had long term relationships, seems to be a man who didn't want to be on his own.

Maybe, just maybe, he chose a Scorpion for a tattoo because he likes the image, or because he is born under that sign?

I know we are all looking for clues but in the midst of that it seems that we know very little as being factual and that is what is making me uncomfortable.

If MB is guilty then I couldn't be happier that he is in custody and will be for a very long time to come. However, based ONLY on what I know (as in what has been made public) it seems as though there are more theories than evidence and conclusions are being made to fit him to the crime with what little there is.

Yesterday, my husband and I were out and about in town and country. We saw a 40+ year old man parked up in an old Defender wearing camo in the middle of a field and didn't find that suspicious.

We saw a foreign, light, creamy-grey coloured Mondeo Estate (LH drive) go past us on the M1 - looked small at the front and big at the back....fitted the description of the wanted car to a 'T' and looked entirely different to a navy blue Defender.

We saw a family with two young children, the man looked similar to MB and had tattoos and did not immediately think child killer/ sex offender....

That posts sums up my thoughts and opinions entirely. I've never felt so uneasy about an arrest in my life - like you say, it seems they arrested MB then tried to fit the crime and evidence around him, and not the other way round.

Obviously I'm not a professional in this field, but wouldn't it have been better to have him under surveillance at the start, rather than in custody. Surely the best way to find a body or evidence of that body, would be to watch, follow and bug your suspect in case he led you to something. Perhaps the killer would check the body was still concealed, or move something to a more secure hiding place, considering the massive searches going on? Just my thoughts .....

How many do look like monsters though? You can't go by looks. I didn't think Ian Huntley looked evil either but he is. But yes, it's the evidence that will show if he's guilty or not, nothing else.

Hi Sarahlou - that's exactly my point - he doesn't look like a monster so we are trying to demonise him by working out whether having beer cans AND wine bottles, or specific tattoos, or 3 partners in 20 years etc makes him a monster and my personal thoughts are, no. He either is a monster or he is not. So far based on what we know (including beer cans, tattoos, relationships etc) I am not sure and that's why this smells uncomfortable to me. It seems that it is also not smelling right to many others.

With the Tia Sharpe case, which is when I joined the forum, I posted almost at the beginning that if it looked like a duck, walked like a duck and quacked, it was a duck. And it was and everyone was in agreement and so there was almost a collective sigh of relief that they had got the right man (albeit incredible dismay and sadness that it was not a 'Shannon Matthews' type situation and that poor Tia was dead RIP).

So far, with the very little I know, it's not looking, sounding, or walking like a duck....and yet, it may be a duck.

PS. When I watched the interview with Huntley, I knew he was their man, likewise with the Tia Sharp case...and various other cases. My gut is 'uncomfortable' with this situation and I know not why.

I do hate when a mob start yelling and throwing things at police vans holding suspects. If one must act like a mob at least wait until after the trial and the guilty verdict, and catch the prison van leaving after that!

Although I agree that MB doesn't "quack like a duck" in this case, I am bearing in mind that he may have admitted to *some* level of involvement already - maybe making up some story like Huntley did about accidental killing (child accidentally fell into bath while having a nosebleed, istr?)

I posted on the previous thread just before it closed down....But I wonder if he MB is suffering from late on set schizophrenia. This illness usually presents after the age 40..The evidence would point to him having been there and involved but he can't provide any information. It could obviously be that he doesnt want to tell anyone what he did, but it could also be that he literally cannot remember doing it.

I am not suggesting this to excuse this behaviour, but possibly as a reason as to why MB was "unable" to assist police with their enquiries. And possibly if this is the case then the key in finding aprils body is bringing out the other personality?? JMO

If he put the body in the river it'd be pretty difficult for him to go back and move it.. I think the police did the right thing by getting a suspected child killer off the streets asap, personally.

Eta- this was in reply to YidArmyRach.

I posted on the previous thread just before it closed down....But I wonder if he MB is suffering from late on set schizophrenia. This illness usually presents after the age 40..The evidence would point to him having been there and involved but he can't provide any information. It could obviously be that he doesnt want to tell anyone what he did, but it could also be that he literally cannot remember doing it.

I am not suggesting this to excuse this behaviour, but possibly as a reason as to why MB was "unable" to assist police with their enquiries. And possibly if this is the case then the key in finding aprils body is bringing out the other personality?? JMO

I think you may be mixing up clinical schizophrenia with the old movie portrayal of it as being two personae occupying one body. Clinical schizophrenia is a psychosis and it tends to be fairly obvious once it's bad enough to result in killing that the sufferer cannot account for. You do hear of cases like that, and the perp usually gets transferred to hospital shortly after being arrested, and cannot be taken to court for some time, as they would not be deemed capable of fully understanding their charges and the ramifications thereof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahadelaide