CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
---------------
nikb, I wonder the same thing. As far as I have read no one has mentioned a sexual crime. I did read in one of the news paper articles at first the sex could not be determined. I thought a lot about that and think I understand why. :seeya:

I posted this last night, and it's not confirmation of a sex crime but I think anecdotal and potentially directional. I was at a community meeting in Superior (town that the backpack was found in) and one of the speakers was the assistant district attorney for sex crimes. The meeting was filled with "we can't say" and "no comment" type answers but the fact that she was present and spoke may have been an inadvertent clue as to the nature of the crime. Take it fwiw.

I posted this last night, and it's not confirmation of a sex crime but I think anecdotal and potentially directional. I was at a community meeting in Superior (town that the backpack was found in) and one of the speakers was the assistant district attorney for sex crimes. The meeting was filled with "we can't say" and "no comment" type answers but the fact that she was present and spoke may have been an inadvertent clue as to the nature of the crime. Take it fwiw.

Thank you. I remember seeing your post last night. And you are very, very astute.

Does her portfolio include crimes against children? If not, then yes, I agree, it's yet another significant sign.

The chances that there is a sexual element to this are very, very high.

This does not necessarily mean she was raped or sexually abused before death, however.

I think it's something we should just assume was part of the motive if not all of it, and leave it at that.

:cow:

I would have said the same thing - except for what happened in the Zahra Baker case. Step-monster is the one arrested for the dismemberment of this beautiful child who had survived cancer and who wore a brace. She did it in the bathtub of their own home. Dad is back in Australia where he and Zahra originated from, but he has not been charged. I still find it hard to believe, and disgusting, that he was never charged with anything. So.... if the perp in this current cast had relatives out of town for the weekend, he could have done this in the privacy of his own home. :twocents:

bbm: With this in mind, maybe LE should add to the plea about people thinking about and reporting any unusual change in behavior, absences from work, etc., by ALSO asking people who may have been out of town to consider anyone with "eccentricities" who would have had access to their homes, businesses, etc. in their absence. Even someone such as a neighbor "watching" their place in their absence, a housesitter, a pet walker --<shudder>.

This person's "cue" to act on a longtime fantasy could have been the opportunity of a suitable and vacant-for-long-enough place arising.

Thank you. I remember seeing your post last night. And you are very, very astute.

Does her portfolio include crimes against children? If not, then yes, I agree, it's yet another significant sign.

She didn't say and I've tried to locate her profile online but can't match her up. I should have taken a business card but didn't. Aside from a series of mental health counselors on how to talk to children about the crime, the speakers were the Boulder County DA (remember the crime occurred in Jefferson County), the assistant DA for sex crimes and the local police chief.

One other interesting point was the police chief said that his group had been involved twice in the investigation - the first time when the backpack was found and the second time when the body was found. He was asked specifically about the police activity in Superior three nights ago in the area where the backpack was found and he responded with a " I can't talk about that".

One other thing from that meeting that I thought was quite haunting. The police chief was asked about his recommendation for parents regarding Halloween. His answer was along the lines of "well for my family, we are not going be doing it this year or if we do we may go to a few neighbors homes". The advice was to not allow children to go out alone. Obvious but still haunting as to how extreme his personal reaction was for someone who clearly knows a lot more than the rest of us.

From what is known I am in the "community abduction" boat as well. The odds when dealing with this type of proximity, usually favor a family/neighbor/community abduction. Knowing this I would start with the RSO on Moore Court. From Google maps, and not knowing the date of the captured pic (2009-2012??), the house from what I can tell, has a for sale sign on it. So this person or the people living there are rather new to this community.

Couple thoughts:

1. My condolences to the family. RIP JR.
2. Immensely elated they caught the Wyoming perp. Just about blew my top when I came across that case. Amazing work by both LE and the public.
3. A few very interesting posters on FB. Have no idea who this is but RW tops my interest board.
4. I feel like a few people here are TOOOO into the "body intact" debating here. It seems as if every third post contains some use of the word "dismemberment" (last time you will see me post this). Not to mention its the same few posters still discussing this. I dont know about anyone else, but after the "intact" statement (which that is all that is known) I already had an idea as to what, the outcome would eventually be. Yes it definitely does have relevance, but to continue debating for thread on end, with no new information? I think its rather pointless, especially with no new information. No one here is going to crack this case with just "body not intact" known. I submit maybe a sub "Not intact" forum for those who must drain the minutiae out of this topic.

Couple questions:

1. Are county lines in play with where the backpack and body were found?

2. As in the Wyoming case, are LE looking for all video within 80 miles? Is that even possible? (Not sure the size of Westminster). Especially video in or around the neighborhood where the backpack was found. Car wash video??

3. Absentia? I am curious as to your use of "Absentia" as your userid. Can I ask how you came up with or why you decided to use? I ask because the legal use definition would fit this case, no? And you just joined because of this case, right??

"suggests recognition of violation to a defendant's right to be present in court proceedings in a criminal trial"
"trial at which the defendant is not physically present"

4. And not terribly relevant, but I noticed the young boy in their family had a black eye during their first interview? Anyone know the scoop? Not at all saying its related, just something I noticed.

Lastly, to the SK, you done f##ked up son. You've made SOOOOOO many mistakes. LOL. Amateur. Should be only a matter of tyme. Do the last and arguably only decent thing in your life and turn yourself in and go out like a MAN!! Not like the insecure little girl your actions have led us to believe your are. TICK TOCK!

Thanks and (bolded by me)...can't even keep up with posts ...the on-and-on about the "not intact" and speculation does not seem helpful at this point...

She didn't say and I've tried to locate her profile online but can't match her up. I should have taken a business card but didn't. Aside from a series of mental health counselors on how to talk to children about the crime, the speakers were the Boulder County DA (remember the crime occurred in Jefferson County), the assistant DA for sex crimes and the local police chief.

One other interesting point was the police chief said that his group had been involved twice in the investigation - the first time when the backpack was found and the second time when the body was found. He was asked specifically about the police activity in Superior three nights ago in the area where the backpack was found and he responded with a " I can't talk about that".

Sorry which crime? The abduction? or the death? I didn't think it was 100 percent where the actual death occurred. Fascinating re three nights ago.

I do find it so odd that the killer put the backpack out so openly and made it so easy to be found. why??

It's like we're analyzing a Criminal Minds cliffhanger but damn this is a little girl and these are people's lives. It's so awful.

Might be nothing, might be something though. Lone male shoots Border Guard at BC crossing. Van with mattress in back had Washington plates. Person had to be pretty desperate to shoot a female Border Guard. I do realize that Washington is a great distance from Co but..................... if the person who killed Jessica wasn't a local, then maybe he traveled and trolled Western States???

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/canadian-border-guard-shot-in-booth-at-b-c-crossing-1.998401

Puppyraiser I think you should call it into LE so they can at least look into that.

This maniac left her body so close to the road, I believe he was either spooked by someone so he left her there or wanted her found quickly.

One other thing from that meeting that I thought was quite haunting. The police chief was asked about his recommendation for parents regarding Halloween. His answer was along the lines of "well for my family, we are not going be doing it this year or if we do we may go to a few neighbors homes". The advice was to not allow children to go out alone. Obvious but still haunting as to how extreme his personal reaction was for someone who clearly knows a lot more than the rest of us.

I'd just keep Halloween plans closer, family or friends party. I can't see a better reason than the chief saying what his op is on it. jmo

Ok if you use the 2nd definition of predator this sicko thinks they are gaining something from doing what they do. Hopefully this post will jog someones mind and they may think of someone who said or did something who maybe the perp. JMO

OT-- just to let interested posters know that there is a thread about the shooting here

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8465356#post8465356"]Shooting at BC/Washington Border - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

btw, reports are that CBSA officers and the RCMP are already investigating why there was a mattress in the vehicle...

Wow, that camera man really did focus in on several people. There was bald guy and another guy who was looking up at the ceiling and mumbling something to himself like he was really spacing out. Those two in particular really gave me the creeps. Still haven't seen part 1 like the rest of you haven't seen. I think part 1 may have been removed for a reason. I think LE should have stood at every door of that building and requested ID from anyone who attended and then finger printed and swabbed for DNA from each and every person who attended.

Is anyone familiar with other serial predators that attempted to hide the victim identities?

Concealing identification to me does not seem like a random serial. Why would it matter to the suspect if the victim was easily identified?

The only reason I could think of would be to delay the investigation. But then you would expect the victim to be better hidden and not just unidentifiable.

Ted Bundy decapitated his victims but it wasn't to hide their identities. He would keep the heads to fulfil his necrophiliac desires.

He also used remote or isolated areas as dump sites but that was purely pragmatic. Those were areas where he was least likely to be seen as he disposed of the remains and he was smart enough to know that if he was seen in close proximity with a body site, he could be caught.

Edmund Kemper III also decapitated his victims. In his case, it seems to have been part of his personal problems with his mother. He buried several victims' heads in his backyard in a semi-circle aimed towards his mother's bedroom window. When he killed his mother, he dissected her to remove her larynx and tried to put it down the garbage disposall (which didn't work; he himself acknowledes the irony of that).

Jeffrey Dahmer cannibalised parts of his victims.

There have been other examples but those are the three that come immediately to mind.

When I look at the picture of the CSI guy when they were covering the remains, you'll notice on the fence that the second wire down from the top looks stretched out. I thought about this yesterday while my daughter was at the playground playing on the maze of ropes - what I believe the perp did was brace himself and pull on that second wire while leaning over the top wire to toss whatever he was tossing. I think he wanted to toss it but didn't want to trip over the fencing. Be interesting to know if there is traces of DNA or gloves etc left on the wire.

Just thinking out loud but I wondered why that second wire looked looser than the others.

I know many on this board will agree with me as I write this with all in mind. Many of us have lost children to murder, accidents, and illness. A piece of scum such as the killer lives on, is no doubt healthy of body. It HURTS!!! That is why I say as old as I am I would get the strength to harm him good if I saw him! even if I had to use my knees with a nail belt attached. It just hurts so bad. I wish I could give her mom a big hug. (and her Dad)..Their only child, it is hard..I close my eves and I can see and hear my son, daughter stillborn. I know you can see yours too. xoxo:seeya:

Oh Nore I'm so sorry. Thank you for sharing your story and continuing to fight for the innocent children. (((hugs)))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AMK