the question phase continues: Arias on the stand for the 18th day #84

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Mr. Martinez and Mr. Nurmi would quit questioning her about the Book of Mormon and Mormon chastity/lying rules and Mormon bishops she probably would not talk about it. Weird that so much Mormon religion is brought up in this trial.

This was the tie between Jodi and Travis and Travis' friends. Jodi brought it up. She has repeatedly brought Mormonism into this trial. I wouldn't be blaming Mr. Martinez and Mr. Nurmi. This is all on the defendant. The jurors want to hear her answers about this. Possibly there is a Mormon on the jury. We don't know. Perhaps if there is, they are as horrified as you are and want it brought out that Jodi was no Mormon.

It is a problem when religion is brought into a trial this way. But I wouldn't point the finger at anybody by Jodi.

Something that really stood out to me in today's testimony was when Juan asked Jodi if she wanted to follow by Mormon rules and she said, " I wanted it to APPEAR that way "..... Meaning, she really didn't, but wanted people to THINK that she did.

I noticed that too. She just wanted to keep up an appearance.

Don't bother. I don't think I am either.

She will be found guilty in about 3 weeks.

The trial ain't the trial of the century that's for sure. In fact, it's boring. There are no unveiling or 'gotcha' moments. Juan isn't using his time efficiently or effectively.
Jodi is laughing and I can't say, I don't blame her. She stays composed (in her psychotic way) and Juan gets flustered.

He goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on causing Nurmi to get pissed so he keeps objecting almost in spite!!
It's monotonous to say the least.

Ugh!!!

I respectfully disagree on everything in this comment.

ETA: Except her being found guilty.

why do i feel sometimes Jodi uses BIG words to try to make the jury be impressed with her..like a see I use big words you cant sentence a smart woman like me to death.

I think that the visit to the bishop was nothing more than having such a meeting "on the record", so to speak. Jodi will never admit to the majority of her "transgressions". :moo:

BBM ~~ The bolded statement is the only truth Jodi has told in weeks. I believe she provoked him all the time.

Now, did Travis take her bait and abuse her for the provocation? I really don't think so. There has been no proof of any domestic violence perpetrated by Travis upon Jodi.

He called her "harsh names". That's documented in her journal.

I never quite understand when folks say a trial is boring.... you're not at the circus. You're not watching Law & Order. Perhaps right now I'm just in a foul mood seeing what gets done day in and day out by this murderess and her DT or perhaps this is how I always feel, who knows. I don't expect trials to be full of twists and turns and surprises and scripted lines and explosions and shockers. In fact most trials are quite monotonous and the work lawyers do in seeking justice is tedious and it's not meant for entertainment purposes. I just don't get being "bored" by a trial. It's about justice for the victim and putting away those responsible. Or maybe that's just my take on it. ?

Free Willy! ;)

Anyone but Nurmi......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:floorlaugh: "free willy!"
Love it!!! Shes ready to explode! But...too bad her client is about ready to IMPLODE......:)

I'm a little perplexed that Juan didn't preface every statement based on her word ... With "you allege", "you claim" or "you expect us to believe"

I'm disappointed he didn't drive home the fact there is zero corroboration of any domestic abuse, Travis's supposed gun or fighti g for her life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She said that TA loaded the gun in December 2007 and took it away somewhere to do something. Took it on a field trip? :notgood:

She is trying to plant a seed in the juries mind so it will go along with the gun range testimony/video if it’s presented.

Originally Posted by Sulamith
I live in a house that a (recent) murder took place in. We did not know it until we bought it. In my state, murder in a house does not need to be disclosed.

No, not a notorious case. I live in a small town, population around 1400, so it was a pretty big deal around here. I was told when we first moved here that I never needed to worry about our house being broken into because it was "haunted". LOL, lots of simple minded people around here. Never bothered me, but you should have seen the look on my husband's face when he found out! He was freaked out! I can tell you of a notorious case around here. Napoleon Beazley. There is a story for my small town!

Super interesting! I'd be freaked out, too. I don't know why, I don't believe in ghosts. I'm glad it doesn't bother you. The realistic side of me says that it shouldn't. I'll have to check that story out. Thanks for sharing, it's really neat!

Choked through the Law of Attraction. She wanted to be choked out for sexual gratification perhaps. Nah, I don't really believe she ever had bruises on her neck.

From what I gather, Juan found out about a picture that Jodi took of herself, in the Uhaul, right after the supposed 'choke out.' And apparently there are NO visible bruises. So Juan wanted to show the picture to the jury. The judge didnt allow it in so far.

So Jodi was asked about it by the jury, and she says she had make up on to cover the bruises. :liar:

Are you kidding me she is still on the stand? More jury questions and now more re re direct? I better get this pencil our of my hand before I stick myself in the eye.

Don't bother. I don't think I am either.

She will be found guilty in about 3 weeks.

The trial ain't the trial of the century that's for sure. In fact, it's boring. There are no unveiling or 'gotcha' moments. Juan isn't using his time efficiently or effectively.
Jodi is laughing and I can't say, I don't blame her. She stays composed (in her psychotic way) and Juan gets flustered.

He goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on causing Nurmi to get pissed so he keeps objecting almost in spite!!
It's monotonous to say the least.

Ugh!!!

I don't think it's supposed to be the "trial of the century". Nor should it be entertaining or something to complain about being "bored" by. It's about justice for a man who was slaughtered to death simply because he didn't do what a woman wanted him to do.

As far as the complaining about Juan.... he's been to this rodeo before and I'm sure he knows what he is doing. After all, he's the lawyer and most of us here are not. It's easy to be an armchair quarterback sitting in front of a screen watching, but it's entirely another to do what he's doing. I'll continue to watch because I'm invested in the outcome for Travis and his family. I don't know them personally, but I know enough about the case to become emotional about things. I've been brought to tears more than once.

JA told the Bishop about the sexual transgressions because they implicated Travis Alexander. She DID NOT tell him about the fact she killed TA because it implicated her.

Hln. There's a guy lawyer on there giving more credit to nurmi thinks jm was to aggressive please. Give me a break I think considering juan working with a sociopath! He did good!

I've noticed today more than any other, that when JA thinks she has the upper hand, Nurmi can object all day long and she'll keep talking over him and answer. However, when she doesn't want to answer or knows it will implicate her, she'll look to him and stop speaking the minute he begins objecting.

Early on in testimony today, Nurmi was objecting and I swear she stared him down as she continued answering the question. After about the third time of this, the judge finally reminded her to stop answering a question until she rules on the objection.

I think that the visit to the bishop was nothing more than having such a meeting "on the record", so to speak. Jodi will never admit to her "transgressions". :moo:

And I think she wanted to tarnish Travis's image so she trashed him with the Bishop, imo.

Good lord what an unproductive day.

It was very productive when Juan was questioning although getting a straight answer from Arias is like pulling hens teeth. I admire Juan greatly because he sticks with her nonsense until he gets the answer he wants.

Too many interuptions though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member