trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #108

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by beeshie
I haven't heard her say anything about Jodi yet. It's my understanding that she was paid to evaluate Jodi. If this is correct, I find it interesting that she has only been testifying in generalizations and hypotheticals so far. Did she write a report? I don't know if she did because it hasn't been mentioned. Over a day of testimony and no report has been mentioned.

Don't you think it's possible that she doesn't think Jodi was abused? Based upon what I've heard so far, I think that's very possible. Now, if she did write a report I'd still hold off on my evaluation of ALV until I know what she said.

She hasn't said anything offensive and hasn't said anything about Travis or Jodi. She hasn't done anything to help Jodi...so far.

But she is a defense witness in Jodi's trial for killing Travis. Like I said, I hope her main reason for being there is to educate.

I don;t think the poster was saying only a small sample of people qualify as victims. I think the point was that the expert's discussion as to why people who live with, are married to or have children with their abusers find it harder to leave that abuser, is irrelevant here because this couple only dated for 6 months.

Remember, Travis broke up with jodi and SHE moved closer to HIM after they split apart. There is zero evidence that Travis stalked jodi or was trying to get her to come back to him or was even inviting her over after that period. None.

I know it;s off topic but just to give people some hope, I quit in August 2001. Right after I took the bar exam. The first two weeks were horrible. The first three months were not easy. After that, it got easier and easier. I smoked for 17 years, at least a pack a day prior to quitting, usually closer to a pack and a half. I did not dream or think about cigarettes after the first three months on a daily basis. I would have dreams where I accidentally smoked one, though and those were awful dreams!!!

I did have cravings for a cigarette now and then, though, usually in times of stress or boredom or after I ate. I still do every now and then, like today! But my cravings have never, after the first three months, been a big deal or unbearable or anything significant that dominated my life. They pass within seconds. They are pretty rare today. No biggie.

So happy I quit. No smelly hair or clothes, exercise is easy, I don;t have to worry about dirty looks or wait in hell until I can escape to have a smoke. I'm so free now.

OT and then I promise to get back on topic . . . I smoked 35 years and had no desire to quit . . . just needed a way to make it thru an 8 hr day @ work without smelling like smoke . .. started with an e-cig and have not had another cigarette since July last. I have all the same benefits (BBM) . . . congrats to you!

Excellente ! Thank you ! :rocker:

second verse, same as the first. Couples counseling blah, blah, blah. Jodi felt faint and court stopped so she could have an energy bar ....Juantini recipes being swapped...virtual happy hour has begun ;)

Oh, ok.! I was going to say Geraldo Wivera!

Gypsy Woman thinks it will be a hung jury!
She said shes worried about a hung jury because she thinks someone will intentionally hang the jury for the notoriety of being the one who hung the jury.

This didn't bode well for the ICA jury.

She is a walking nervous breakdown. Well, now limping with a stun belt.

Yep she is faking it...the dv expert is not getting the job done like she wants or she needs to slip more paperwork to her mom the first abuser.

I call faker faker faker

WAIT-----Viola CAN'T discuss anything that directly involves JA + TA? WTH? Really???
She can't be specific about Travis - can't talk about him directly. She can't call him an abuser etc.

IIRC, she can discuss Jodi, but JW hasn't asked her about Jodi yet.

I am so glad Travis got the opportunity to have this house, with his name on it. I am so glad Travis got the opportunity to drive a nice car, have people listen to him, and give him lots of attention...

Imagine how this boy felt when he moved to a new state, bought a GORGEOUS new home, filled it with friends, party's and good times.

It's a tragedy that he never got to stand there on his wedding day and watch his beautiful wife walk down that isle. Or watch the birth of his son/daughter and hold them in his arms. It's inexcusable he never got to continue his work for others by releasing his book. Saving others by uplifting them as their own people. A book I know I could have used.

It's sad he wont get to do a million things and that the rest of us are also robbed of what he could have given us but...

I have to look at what he did get. It's the only way I can bare it. The thought that he spent days in that house that he probably only dreamed of having as a child who had nothing.

Jodi on the other hand. There is nothing for her. I feel nothing. I don't care what her dreams were. She's a leech, a brutal criminal. I don't care about her past. I don't care if someone abused the heck out of her. She needs to be snuffed out of this world. :furious:

Thank you for this. :(

I gave up alcohol for lent so I don't have anything but husband's beer (Sunday is close enough!!) and I just got off work (8:00pm EST) thanks to you folks...so I'm joining in!!! lol. :Banane35: Couldn't think of a better crowd with which to break my fast...lol.

Stolen from someone on Twitter
BGURA8NCcAAj3aU.png:large

You know, this illustrates perfectly why I'm so sad tonight, after listening to the testimony today.

So few are able to escape abusive childhoods. They shape us, many times in ways that we don't see or feel or understand. I've sat in a shrink's chair many hours learning how I was affected and why I turned out the way I did. I've done ok, but there are scars for sure. I first saw a shrink and got involved in a divorce recovery workshop to help me navigate through the pain of divorce. Which, of course, brought up family of origin stuff. Good stuff - I got a lot out of it. And then went running back years later when my brother committed suicide and I was having troubles staying alive because of it. He had other issues, but our childhood certainly played a part.

I guess I was watching something else from most of you today - what I was hearing was all through the filter of Travis being the abused kid. And it made me angry to see Jodi sitting there all sad and thinking ALV was speaking of her. But then it's always all about Jodi, isn't it?

Anyway.... what's so sad is that Travis was one of those who was able to overcome a horrible beginning. Katiecoolady said earlier today that he was vulnerable to the predator named Jodi Arias and I couldn't agree more. That's his early childhood scars emerging to haunt him, and they ended up getting him brutally killed.

I'm having a hard time putting my feelings into words..... oh well, lol.

Originally Posted by beeshie
I haven't heard her say anything about Jodi yet. It's my understanding that she was paid to evaluate Jodi. If this is correct, I find it interesting that she has only been testifying in generalizations and hypotheticals so far. Did she write a report? I don't know if she did because it hasn't been mentioned. Over a day of testimony and no report has been mentioned.

Don't you think it's possible that she doesn't think Jodi was abused? Based upon what I've heard so far, I think that's very possible. Now, if she did write a report I'd still hold off on my evaluation of ALV until I know what she said.

She hasn't said anything offensive and hasn't said anything about Travis or Jodi. She hasn't done anything to help Jodi...so far.

But she is a defense witness in Jodi's trial for killing Travis. Like I said, I hope her main reason for being there is to educate.

I can't vilify someone just because they are a defense witness. I hope you are right.

Hmmmm....it's 9:30 p.m. In my neck of the woods....

Wine, chocolate and the women's social studies class that I attended all day have made me a tad drowsy...
So, night all.....:eek:fftobed::eek:fftobed:

....oh and cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members