CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark referred to Castle Rock as being where his brother lives (talking about possible Thanksgiving plans). It was probably either on your mind because of that, or there was some mention if whether it was searched or not.

That's right! Isn't Dylan's Grandma in Castle Rock? Dylan wanted to see her! She has cancer, right? Bless her heart.

MR has a brother? (Starting to forget details as time passes :(...how close are MR and his brother I wonder?)

Mark referred to Castle Rock as being where his brother lives (talking about possible Thanksgiving plans). It was probably either on your mind because of that, or there was some mention if whether it was searched or not.

I am thinking I probably mixed the search up with something else I read or heard about Castle Rock the same day. Thanks.

That's right! Isn't Dylan's Grandma in Castle Rock? Dylan wanted to see her! She has cancer, right? Bless her heart.

MR has a brother? (Starting to forget details as time passes :(...how close are MR and his brother I wonder?)
I don't know where the grandmother lives. But from the Melissa Blasius transcript about the brother:
"Well, we had talked about a couple things … he was here for such a short time, we didn’t have anything nailed down, you know, I anticipated and was correct in assuming he wanted to spend time with his friends, so that Monday, Tuesday… Wednesday was kind of up in the air because that was the day we could either travel to Colorado ….err not Colorado Springs but Castle Rock where my brother lives, ‘cos he had made mention about wanting to go over there, …"

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8813297&postcount=79"]Dylan Redwine *Media , Maps & Timelines* Post 79[/ame]

I don't know where the grandmother lives. But from the Melissa Blasius transcript about the brother:
"Well, we had talked about a couple things … he was here for such a short time, we didn’t have anything nailed down, you know, I anticipated and was correct in assuming he wanted to spend time with his friends, so that Monday, Tuesday… Wednesday was kind of up in the air because that was the day we could either travel to Colorado ….err not Colorado Springs but Castle Rock where my brother lives, ‘cos he had made mention about wanting to go over there, …"

Dylan Redwine *Media , Maps & Timelines* Post 79

(Brainstorming) In MR's head, whom would he call if he was in a real doozy? To whom would he turn to or confide in if there was a terrible "accident"? Holy cow. I'm betting he called his brother if they are on good terms, which I imagine they were judging from the above quote...If he called his brother during the window of 9ishpm and 5ish pm, LE would see it on the phone records (easily explainable of course).

I wonder what MR's brother "thinks" about all this.

I'm not sure if it was his grandmother (she has stage 4 cancer, I believe), but I'm pretty sure that someone on his mother's side lived there (or near there) too. In the beginning it had sounded like ER's family was going there for Thanksgiving, and people thought MR might have been considering taking him there too if they went to his brother's house. I believe they all went to ER and MH's house though, so I guess that wouldn't have worked anyway. MOO

I know MR has some supporters here, so hopefully we can proceed here without any problems and have a respectful discussion. I have my opinion that MR knows what happened to Dylan based on my opinion of his actions, and my reading from LE, as compared to other investigations.

If this has been covered, sorry for being repetitive, pls link me in the right direction.

Where did MR grow up, spend his time, etc.?

I've never heard, but I believe his mother lives in NC.

I'm not sure Mark is an OTR trucker. He works for a pipeline company. I thought he went to a job site and stayed/worked there. I thought he said in the uncut 9 new video that he worked from 8-12/14 hours a day and was only home perhaps 1x a month or so....all from my memory (LOL)

I'm sure I read that truck driving is only about 10% of his job, it was a comment on the official FB page from someone who worked with MR.

I don't believe that an adult, used to living alone, would reach out if something "happened" to Dylan. I can see it in the case of the (knuckleheads) younger people as in Haleigh Cummings case...but if MR found himself in such a dilemma, I doubt he would tell anyone or ask for help. When children are involved, it is a very different scenario from anything else, IMO.

I don't believe that an adult, used to living alone, would reach out if something "happened" to Dylan. I can see it in the case of the (knuckleheads) younger people as in Haleigh Cummings case...but if MR found himself in such a dilemma, I doubt he would tell anyone or ask for help. When children are involved, it is a very different scenario from anything else, IMO.

Likely, indeed! (Meaning I agree its possible he wouldn't reach out if he found himself in such a dilemma) :)
In fact, you're probably right! He probably didn't call anyone! Don't know why I felt so strongly about that all of a sudden...

It is so hard to know what to discuss with the search of the lake looming. I fear what we may find, but then I fear that if we find nothing the case may go cold. kwim?

Also, the hard part is how to discuss possible theories in order to help (re: specific search locations), but without revealing our hands or compromising the investigation.

Still praying for DR to come home. Thats all I have to say.

There was a lot of bickering in the last thread. Knock it off. Kimster has a brand new ray guy and I'm gonna borrow it if things don't settle down real fast.

Not every word another poster posts has to be disputed. AND that goes for all parties here.

This post lands at random.

Salem

OMG the brand new ray guns are lithium charged ........... :what:

So I just had a thought. Not only is the lake thawing so it can be searched ( please don't be in that lake :( ) but spring is coming, so the whole area will be filling up with tourists hiking, biking, rock climbing, boating, camping, nature walks, wildlife photography, etc etc etc. If he is somewhere in the area in the thick woods then the odds of him being discovered go up dramatically . While I hope this is not the case, if he is out there he needs to be found.

On a side note, last night we watched FREEDOMLAND. It's a few years old and I'd never seen it. Story involves a missing child and all throughout it I was thinking of Dylan and pausing it to make comments to DH about Dylan and how this story had similar aspects. It's not a true story, just a hollywood drama, but was very interesting.

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I do not support anyone except Dylan. Finding him is why I am here. My heart breaks for BOTH parents. While it seems unlikely at this point, I still hope and pray that he is alive.
No offense to you, we're all entitled to our opinion, but I prefer to have more solid proof before I jump on the guilty bandwagon. Even if I don't agree with the majority it does not mean I am on MR's side, and it is a little offensive to me to be called a "supporter" of MR. I support truth and justice and the concept of innocent until proven guilty. If that is supporting him, then so be it. I keep in mind every day that he has not even been charged with a crime yet, let alone brought to trial, so this is my right to reserve judgement.
So... here I sit... firmly on the fence. And here is where I will stay until Dylan is found, and until whoever is responsible is proven guilty.

I'm with you somewhat. I believe MR is ' probably ' guilty. But probably doesn't cut it. He can't be proven guilty on what we know. Probably doesn't find the missing baby!!!! If they took this case right now, with what we know, to trial, no way could 12 level headed folks think guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. There is NO WAY. I'd hate to be on that jury if so. MR is his own worst enemy. If he is 100% innocent, then I feel pretty bad for him because he 's a weird, irrational, illogical fellow. I can see why his marriages fail and why his kids aren't too shiny on him. But none of that makes him a murderer.

Question to everyone... if we were to find out today MR is ' responsible' for Dylan's disappearance, would you rather find out it was a horrible accident and that MR used poor judgment after the fact than he outright killed his baby ? I sure would. I keep hoping if he's the one that knows for sure, that something horribly weird happened and it was not intentional/anger/physical but something more like ' i should call 911 but im afraid to ' .

I can't remember where, but somewhere I read an unofficial or unauthorized profile of a kidnapper who could have taken Dylan. It listed an age range for the suggested male perpetrator and mentioned things like the perp would be within so many miles, maybe buying youth clothing or a game system. IIRC correctly the author described the perp maybe having a change in routine, purchasing food that is uncharacteristic in an attempt to placate Dylan. Do any of you remember reading this anywhere? I'm sure it wasn't MSM, but thought perhaps a discussion might elaborate behaviors a perp be engaging in. How would Dylan be different today? May he have hit a growth spurt and be taller, voice deeper? If uncut, his hair would be grown out significantly after 4 plus months.

snipped for space

Question to everyone... if we were to find out today MR is ' responsible' for Dylan's disappearance, would you rather find out it was a horrible accident and that MR used poor judgment after the fact than he outright killed his baby ? I sure would. I keep hoping if he's the one that knows for sure, that something horribly weird happened and it was not intentional/anger/physical but something more like ' i should call 911 but im afraid to ' .

Of course a terrible accident and poor judgement is preferable to outright killing his child. Even more preferable is that MR had nothing to do with Dylan's disappearance. I know some can't get past that possibility, and it is indeed possible that MR did play a role of some sort. After all, Dylan was in his father's care and his father was the last known person to see him. I feel obligated to explore every possibility since I just don't know.

Last night in Freedomland , one cop said " 2/3 of missing kids go missing at the hands of the person who reported them missing'. I wonder if he just pulled that number out of hat for drama or if it was based on a real statistic somewhere . We may have already heard the stats on it. I've seen so many charts/ odds/ stats on missing kids in this case alone that I'm confused and , shamefully, stopped reading them. It seems one chart may fully contradict the next so I cannot keep u p.

I'm with you somewhat. I believe MR is ' probably ' guilty. But probably doesn't cut it. He can't be proven guilty on what we know. Probably doesn't find the missing baby!!!! If they took this case right now, with what we know, to trial, no way could 12 level headed folks think guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. There is NO WAY. I'd hate to be on that jury if so. MR is his own worst enemy. If he is 100% innocent, then I feel pretty bad for him because he 's a weird, irrational, illogical fellow. I can see why his marriages fail and why his kids aren't too shiny on him. But none of that makes him a murderer.

IMO MR is at the very least guilty of some very strange and unusual behaviour that hasn't assisted in the search for Dylan.

I doubt we would have even half the information that LE would have and their actions and words say quite a lot IMO.

I would really prefer to hear that what happened was a horrible accident and that MR used poor judgement, but I can't imagine why a parent wouldn't come clean about it out of love and respect for their child and the rest of their family.

IMO MR is at the very least guilty of some very strange and unusual behaviour that hasn't assisted in the search for Dylan.

I doubt we would have even half the information that LE would have and their actions and words say quite a lot IMO.

I would really prefer to hear that what happened was a horrible accident and that MR used poor judgement, but I can't imagine why a parent wouldn't come clean about it out of love and respect for their child and the rest of their family.

Many have exhibited strange and unusual behavior in this case, IMO. Stress and a missing child can cause that. I agree that I can't imagine why a parent wouldn't come clean if it were a horrible accident, unless of course, there was no horrible accident or the person has nothing left to tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti