trial day 48: REBUTTAL #145

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I think her testimony does, is to cement what we all already know from the evidence. She is not making anything up. She is taking things for face value, She is not adding to the evidence. She is taking simply what is there and then analyzing it or accepting it.

She comes off credible, Smart, matter of fact.

I was just thinking how it is about time that Travis' family had something to feel good about. :)

This all feels so strange to me. No grand standing about achievements. No blabbing about books written or laws changed. No fumbling for testing sheets. No cheering squad in the gallery and no excuses.

Just information given, questions answered and things learned.

I like this expert stuff. Wish the defense team would have used one too.

It doesn't feel like the same trial. IMO if the defense experts were as professional, prepared, focused, and impartial as Dr. Demarte is -- the tone of the entire trial would be much more civil and likely much less hostile.

My vote(s):

Sociopath
Narcissist
Manic-Depressive (Borderline personality)

I am afraid the defense is going to ask, "You didn't test Mr. Alexander for a personality disorder, did you?". Would they be allowed to ask that. I hope not.

Wow, our witness has dynamite legs. Girlcrush increases.

Something so attractive about a smart girl who can tell the world that Jodi is a warped, evil, blaming psychopath!! AND great legs, great taste in clothes & pretty face. JW seems a little flustered with this witness.:floorlaugh: I wonder how she'll cross examine her?

Overruled. . .

JM- issue about MMPI . . . one of the thngs . . personality . . I started to say jerk . .what is it exactly do you mean? not usethat term . . . . I would say aggressiveness . . . personality trait . . when does personality traits start . .develop early . . .temperament in toddler years . . continues to develop in childhood and adolescents and becomes firm in adulthood.

situation person is depressed . . . .that is situational . . . I would look @ patterns of behavior

Axis 1 - disorder . . . transient disorders . . clinical disorder

Axis - personality disorder and mental retardation

depressed and in jail .. . . personality?
no indication depression in the past = I would label it non-personality

how important for forensic setting.
look @person in sutaiotn in maladaptive way . . .. the personality trait is not helpful to them - impairment in their life (people in their life cause stress to).

567 questions?
gave test to JA . . . true or false . . . mostly true or mostly false to her

would you read questions to her and write it on legal pad vs. answer sheet.

no - put it thru computer twice - so no error entering it.

MCMI . . . similar .. .a number of scales identified on there.
a section . . group of answers into meaningful categories . . . ie: depression or somaticize - somatic symptoms . . ..
validity scale .. . tells us what the test taker approach is . . . whether they tried to not answer appropriately . . ..

9 validity scales . .. she was able to use results f the tests. . .

other scales?
clinical scales - primary areas looed @ . . . looked@ them all but 10 scales . . . why important to you?
face validity . . .. look @ items on a test . . . .
ie: high face validity . . . I cry all th time . . .tends to say depression or not.

with regard to defendant 10 clinical scales.. .. results of her MMPI . . . there are 10 scales. .. of ten we see 3 or 4 elevations . . .a tap on shoulder - something going on this domain . . .

the number 65 is the thresh hold . . .above may indicate something . . .

7 of the 10 scales. . . majority of them above the thresh hold
mean to you . . read materials, clinical interview and now have this elevation?

because 7 scales . . a lot of data to look @
I then examined top 2 or 3 - able to interpret into personality profile.

people with personality profile do relatively good job of hiding from others but still experiencing anger emotion . . wrong in some kind of way from someone . . violent oubursts . . .seething very angry . . .externalize blame - someone else did something to me .. .conceptualize it an justify it in their mind .. . .

she internalized the anger?
objection -this is generalized not specific to JA

Lunch recess - counsel please approach

Let me guess . . . . Intermittent Explosive Personality D/O???

I think they have uncontrollable outbursts though, don;t they?

Even though RS spent many hours with Jodi, I guess we know now why he chose not to administer the MMPI.

The next thread is open.. what a Juanderful day! Move on over please. This thread will close in 30 minutes

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9244446#post9244446"]trial day 48: the defense continues its case in chief #146 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

:star: :rocker: :star:​

No wonder the defendant (hereto referred to as "TD" for "the defendant") won't look at Demarte. Demarte has her number!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member