MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the misunderstanding!! I was actually leaning more towards none of them being addicts! Occasional partiers that got into some laced coke or weed.

Absolutely addiction doesn’t discriminate!

I wanted to clarify that the point of my original post was in my opinion these are your average middle class hardworking group of friends (JW included) that unfortunately got some bad stuff. It wasn’t to debate what an addict looks like. AT ALL.

It’s usually the ones that occasionally use that end up OD’ing because they don’t have a tolerance and it sends their body into shock. Or ones who are relapsing for the same reasons.

Let’s move on before the thread gets closed. :)
Move on we should definitly do ..It does nothing to my soul to know that you are a person who maybe absolutely a person I may be called upon to judge one day. We are logistically to close.

It is possible a new supplier (not a mere dealer) has arrived in the area. Most suppliers have a chain of dealers. I saw a thing on TV where a major supplier went to prison. He had pages and pages of dealers, many of whom didn't even know this was who they were buying from because there was another dealer or two between him and them.
There are a couple of things I think can be relevant in situations like this. One is the survivors of a tragedy get to provide the narrative. The second is, that narrative, depending on the situation, can be formulated to protect the survivor(s). Case in point: in 1972 a plane crashed into the Andes, killing the flight crew and about 15 passengers instantaneously. Several more died after the crash from injuries and personal hardships. The personal hardships were extreme cold and lack of food. Many of the survivors resorted to cannibalism to survive. But a social code was created. They would not eat people who were family members or team members. That code didn't last long. After 3 months went by they realized that their only hope was for some of them to try to get to civilization for help. Two of them did and miraculously were found. The narrative at the time was they all survived by eating cheese and chocolates and whatever food had been on board but when a trained Relief Corp member took photos of a human leg that had flesh removed, the narrative changed. People were horrified, but eventually they came to the conclusion that it was a miracle and they were lauded as heroes. Anyone interested in reading more about this, an excellent source is Alive! by Piers Paul Read.

So how does that relate to this situation? There are two survivors, yet both have completely different narratives. One says yes, he was there but he left at midnight and everyone was alive. Of those that could challenge that narrative, three are dead and one is alive. The alternative narrative is that the three deceased left and that person went to bed. What criteria do you use to find the truth? The one narrative of a man who stayed in his house for two days with three dead friends in the back yard who, when LE knocked on his door let them in, went to the station without an attorney present and allowed a team of investigators to search his home or the narrative of a man who didn't volunteer his attendance at the party before he hired a criminal attorney?

Toxicology reports for the three deceased men are still pending – though two of them allegedly arrived at the watch party with two 30-packs of beer, a neighbor said.

The family was troubled to learn that Johnson’s backpack was still inside his friend Jordan Willis’ home – and that the police never retrieved it.

“They were his wallet. His car keys. He had some antacids, ibuprofen and it was in a backpack. That backpack was still in the house, in Jordan’s house,” Linda said.
I think it is highly likely LE did retrieve his wallet when they searched the house and that is how they ID'd his body.

JMO

That's not the way I heard it but I did have trouble understanding the cousin's speech in general. Not sure why but to my ear he wasn't speaking very clearly.

People who manufacture drugs do sometimes make multiple types of drug at a time although specialization is more common and more profitable. But I'm not sure I buy that JW was doing that in high school. We can't sleuth him but if we could I'm not sure his early history would support that he was a high school chemistry genius.
MOO

From his body language, I think he appeared nervous and had a sort of belligerent stance. His body was partly turned away from the interviewer yet when he was speaking about JW his head would turn directly to him. Yet when he asked about Lee he paused and turned his head away before he came back and said no he's a good guy. One of those two people he was talking about has prior drug convictions.

As
There are a couple of things I think can be relevant in situations like this. One is the survivors of a tragedy get to provide the narrative. The second is, that narrative, depending on the situation, can be formulated to protect the survivor(s). Case in point: in 1972 a plane crashed into the Andes, killing the flight crew and about 15 passengers instantaneously. Several more died after the crash from injuries and personal hardships. The personal hardships were extreme cold and lack of food. Many of the survivors resorted to cannibalism to survive. But a social code was created. They would not eat people who were family members or team members. That code didn't last long. After 3 months went by they realized that their only hope was for some of them to try to get to civilization for help. Two of them did and miraculously were found. The narrative at the time was they all survived by eating cheese and chocolates and whatever food had been on board but when a trained Relief Corp member took photos of a human leg that had flesh removed, the narrative changed. People were horrified, but eventually they came to the conclusion that it was a miracle and they were lauded as heroes. Anyone interested in reading more about this, an excellent source is Alive! by Piers Paul Read.

So how does that relate to this situation? There are two survivors, yet both have completely different narratives. One says yes, he was there but he left at midnight and everyone was alive. Of those that could challenge that narrative, three are dead and one is alive. The alternative narrative is that the three deceased left and that person went to bed. What criteria do you use to find the truth? The one narrative of a man who stayed in his house for two days with three dead friends in the back yard who, when LE knocked on his door let them in, went to the station without an attorney present and allowed a team of investigators to search his home or the narrative of a man who didn't volunteer his attendance at the party before he hired a criminal attorney?

This is very true, and thank you for the Andes story! I wonder the reason why the fifth person came, and then left.

Sorry for the misunderstanding!! I was actually leaning more towards none of them being addicts! Occasional partiers that got into some laced coke or weed.

Absolutely addiction doesn’t discriminate!
All the more reason to not jump to conclusions that any of these four men could not be addicted because of how they look or how they present in life. It's a contradiction imo. People need confidence in knowing that no matter how a person looks, they can still be struggling with addiction. Otherwise, they might be stigmatized further, and left with a feeling that nobody can help them because they look "too good" to have a problem. We want people to know they have places to turn no matter what their circumstance so they can get the help they need and in turn, society is better off. That was my point. Thank you for sharing your perspective, and yes, let's move on...
MOO

Wow, they were thirsty- that is 10+ liters of "water". That actually could have killed one of them without the alcohol.
Water intoxication. Good point.
Remains to be seen if there are 60 empty cans in the house somewhere.
Any aluminum cans wouldn't have been set out for pickup yet, even if they were in the recycle bin. I looked up trash and recycling for KCMO, and collection day for the area is Thursday (trash and recycling is all the same day).
5208trashday.gif

Is there too much here to be believed?
1. I didn't leave my house for two days. Okay, I can believe this.
2. I didn't look outside at all for two days. Iffy, but believable.
3. I didn't answer any phone calls, because I was sick. Okay.
4. I didn't answer the door because I didn't hear anyone. Okay.
5. I went to bed, they were still here, and this is disputed, by 5th person who states he/she left and everyone was awake, watching Jeopardy. Odd, why would 4 men watch Jeopardy at 12:00 am?

It doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I hope that the police figure out what occurred here. I think that toxicology will be important here.

Sure there are a few questions in there which relate to the topic after that is seems you made the assumption ,JW couldnt have being making and sharing drugs ,because he is of a higher class?
That is simply not so. Maybe it is you who is making an assumption (about me.)
Having worked as an investigator, for many years, I am well aware of the importance of applying objectivity, and avoiding jumping to conclusions in the absence of verifiable information.

Video is 5+ minutes

Kansas City families 'reassured' after prosecutor meeting | Banfield​

Video is 7 minutes (Alex C. is on a mission to speak with AL, who is represented by counsel)

Kansas City victim's cousin: We all know how the men died | Banfield​

It's very interesting to me that JW who hasn't lived in KS for years and has just recently moved back there is responsible for the deaths of these guys. Yet everyone who is being interviewed have finally acknowledged that drug use amongst the deceased was a given. Yet somehow JW is responsible for their deaths. Even though AB is desperately trying to connect JW to the deaths, correspondent AC is blocking her at every turn, reporting factually that he hasn't been able to verify almost everything that's being bandied about. About the only thing AC could verify is that AL is AWOL.

Perhaps I missed something but how are these competing narratives? It's hard to keep track of JW and his lawyers ever changing stories. From JW's lawyer via People on Jan 29th : "Via an email to PEOPLE, Picerno acknowledged WDAF's report that there was a fifth man at the house, but said that "he left maybe an hour or two before the other three,” and added that "Jordan is not exactly sure of that time period."

I am trying to think of the “learning experience”.
I hope that we’ll know enough to be able to talk to our teenagers, because later it might be too late.

Also, everyone in press comments along the line of “test your drugs” - are there ways to test? If not, this is what we should ask of people monitoring the situation in the country?
I hate to think of what is going to happen if we don’t think of making some test strips.

About JW. It might be a huge derailment, and I apologize, but we have a thread here about Dyatlov’s pass. What I remember is that one of the initial members did not follow the group as he got sick. So he left. For many years he was accused by the community of causing the group’s death. Yesterday I took an unusually deep dive into the case. I am positive the man had nothing to do with their fate; if anything, he was probably scared all his life but not quite aware of the details.

I remember of it reading about JW. I don’t think we should hasten to accuse him, or anyone else.

Very sorry for the families. I have spoken to some people who lost their beloved ones. It is never easy.

I can't say I know what an "addict" looks like, but when I look at the picture of the three men who died, IMO I don't think they look very healthy at all--particularly for such comparatively young men:

1705361281840.png

Over the years I've found (purely anecdotally) that markers such as bags around the eyes are a pretty good predictor of heart disease. I wouldn't be at all surprised if all three men are found to have had clogged arteries and high blood pressure, despite their age.

Sadly, a history of alcohol and/or drug abuse would increase the likelihood of heart disease. And heart disease would, I believe, also increase the risk of death by hypothermia.

Do we have any idea why they would go room to room with flashlights and not turn on the lights? Seems weird. Would it be to not touch anything?

interesting question, i'm not very familiar with police techniques so I wonder if there are any LE experts here who could.....shed some light on this (didn't really mean to do that :D:p)

just a guess but maybe it's actually easier to see by keeping a room dark and scanning it with a flashlight? overhead light might actually make it harder to notice something, whereas a flashlight highlights the specific area and is easier to catch something?

So, did the meeting at the house between the families and the DA happen yet? If so, what came of it? Any press conferences yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal