Woman Gives Birth To Octuplets In California

Status
Not open for further replies.
That woman makes me sick. I hope the children will be provided for since they never asked for this, but really I hope she doesn't get bags of money rolling in as if she had done something admirable.

I didn't notice her nose but her lips just about jumped off the screen at me.

Why is it that an elderly retiree can be almost destitute and get very little benefits from SS and Medicare, maybe have to choose between food and medicine, but this woman can work a little and then have an accident and get hundreds of thousands of dollars rolling in?

<<snipped>>
I hope Child Protective Services steps in and places all the children in foster care. I suspect her divorced parents who live together have been working the system as well.

You know . . . I wonder if they will step in. Regardless of Nadya's character disorder, the seven children at home are in a risky situation, left to the care of Nadya's mother who's already threatened to jump ship.

Add eight more babies with exponential risk factors. Unless boatloads of volunteers step forward and commit to help, the state would be negligent if it did not step forward and remove some of the little ones to foster care.

Well, one huge problem that I have issue with is the hospital bill - was that thought of in this equasion?
This is an unkown right now. If she is a Kaiser member, no harm no foul, it is Kaiser's probelm. If she is on medicare or medical then we have issue.

Honestly, I really don't understand the upset? If she wanted them and loves them and doesn't abuse them...so what? So what if she turns to her family and her church for support?

My dad was one of 16 children ( Good Catholic Family) they all turned out to be fine upstanding citizens, husbands and fathers, uncles, wives, mothers, sisters aunts. They may not have had much but they learned to work hard and how to love one another.

I have a close friend that has 14 children all under the age of 12 ( adopted and biological). Her home is far more organized than mine and I have ONE child. She also homeschools, sews, bakes her own bread and grows organic food.

I get upset when drug addicted women give birth to drug addicted children every year only to have them taken by CPS and put into foster care....

I get upset when people have 3 kids and dump them off at daycare for 12 hours a day as soon as they turn 6 weeks old and whine they can't afford to stay home, as they drive off in their new BMW's, to get their nails done.

This woman, I have no problem with.
For this Mom there is no way she can homeschool, bake, etc. because she is a single parent. If she's out working, then she will not be able to do any of those things and if she's not she's "disabled" and will not be able to do those things either. In one of her statements for the disability she stated she couldn't get out of bed after her first child and couldn't take care of it because of her back for months. How the h*ll is she going to take care of 14. For her to keep organized would be impossible in the size house she is in. To me living with 14 kids and 3 adults in a three bedroom house would be child neglect. That's 7 kids to a room and then Mom would be in one of them and the grandparents in another. Unbelievable!

For this Mom there is no way she can homeschool, bake, etc. because she is a single parent. If she's out working, then she will not be able to do any of those things and if she's not she's "disabled" and will not be able to do those things either. In one of her statements for the disability she stated she couldn't get out of bed after her first child and couldn't take care of it because of her back for months. How the h*ll is she going to take care of 14. For her to keep organized would be impossible in the size house she is in. To me living with 14 kids and 3 adults in a three bedroom house would be child neglect. That's 7 kids to a room and then Mom would be in one of them and the grandparents in another. Unbelievable!
I agree, fundiva.

Something else: considering the way she uses her parents, does anyone else think it looks like she's bringing these babies in more to be her own siblings she always wished for?

These are people who presumably chose to have only one child. She's angry that they didn't have more, so as soon as she graduated high school, she started doing whatever she could to force it on them.

If my math is correct, she went and got these last babies implanted after her parents went bankrupt.

This story has just torn me apart. This woman in unfit to be a parent to one child let alone 14.........god, what is going to happen to these babies when they are sent home and what is going to happen to the precious ones she has already @ home? I think child protective services need to step in on this one, big time :behindbar

It seems very telling that her dad prefers to go back to Iraq rather than stay here to work and help her out. Anyone?

Also, if she wanted so many children, what's wrong with fostering or adoption. She put all these babies' lives at risk carrying all 8 at once. Also, who knows what physical problems they will have in the future? Not very smart if you ask me, although no one did.

I agree, fundiva.

Something else: considering the way she uses her parents, does anyone else think it looks like she's bringing these babies in more to be her own siblings she always wished for?

These are people who presumably chose to have only one child. She's angry that they didn't have more, so as soon as she graduated high school, she started doing whatever she could to force it on them.

I'm sure with her it would be any excuse. She was an only child so it's her parents' fault that she felt terrible while growing up and now she has to make up for it with having 1000 kids on her own (okay, slight exaggeration). If she had been one of multiple siblings she'd probably have some other excuse for why she needs to have boatloads of her own children. Bah. She has a lot of nerve blaming this on being "dysfunctional" while growing up.

Not to mention, even if she has health insurance, that doesn't mean all this IVF treatment and preemie care is free. Somebody has to pay for that and there will probably be increased premiums and the hospital will charge somebody else extra to make up for all the care this woman is finagling.

One of her children has autism. I'm sure that he/she is going to get lost in the mix of everyone else.

I agree, fundiva.

If my math is correct, she went and got these last babies implanted after her parents went bankrupt.

EXACTLY RIGHT.... it's kinda like an in your face thing....here you didn't want more than one child well how about this? She is STILL living as their child...the 14 kids are being used as playthings to keep her company. She hasn't taken responsibility for them in any way at all. If she has such a severe back injury, no caring mother would have 8 babies at once to lift in and out of cribs, high chairs, car seats, strollers, bathtubs and playpens, that is back stress beyond ANYTHING she would have had to do on a job.

As someone who REALLY DOES have a back-pain condition since I was 25, there's no way someone who had such a severe injury so as to justify almost 10 years of disability, would be able to manage to go through that many pregnancies, much less 8 at once.

IMHO, the State should investigate her for fraud. Not sayin' there is, JUST the POSSIBILITY under the present circumstances.

Just sayin',
fran

PS.....wonder what she's gonna do when she realizes that all that excess skin she is going to be left with once her 'baby stomach' is gone? It doesn't all just go away like a normal pregnancy. She will probably have to wear a special girdle for the rest of her life. That is,...........unless she finds a way to pay for and have plastic surgery to remove said excess skin.........:rolleyes: imo, fran

I found it. :)
Octuplets' mother had depression, suicidal thoughts while starting a family

It's an interesting article overall. Here are a few more of the interesting bits:
Not long after high school, Suleman began her quest as a single woman to have a family of her own. In 1995, she had the first of three ectopic pregnancies, a condition that routinely ends in miscarriage and can be dangerous to the mother. The records are unclear about whether those pregnancies were the result of artificial insemination.

A year later, she married Marcos Gutierrez, a produce manager.

-snip-

After the baby was born, the emotional roller coaster continued. This time, she was by turns elated and despairing -- and also terrified that the baby would be kidnapped or injured. "My husband or my mother has to take me almost everywhere," she told one of the doctors.

-snip-

Doctors declared her resilient and strong, though one did question her "capacity for psychological insight."​

That is a very good article, thanks Jholi.

This woman is reported to be 33, so depending on what her date of birth is, she was born in 1976 or 1977 give or take a year.

So she would have graduated from HS in or around 1994. I just added 18 years to her birth year. Does the math look okay so far?

So that takes up to 1994 or 1995. The article states:

"Not long after high school, Suleman began her quest as a single woman to have a family of her own. In 1995, she had the first of three ectopic pregnancies, a condition that routinely ends in miscarriage and can be dangerous to the mother. The records are unclear about whether those pregnancies were the result of artificial insemination."

Her first planned pregnancy was about one year after graduating high school, and that was as a single Mother. NOTE: I'm not bashing single mothers or teenage mothers...I, myself, have been both. So she was 19 or so when she started to plan pregnancies.

Then we read:

"A year later, she married Marcos Gutierrez, a produce manager. She also earned a psychiatric technician license from Mt. San Antonio College and began working at Metropolitan State Hospital, a psychiatric facility in Norwalk. It was there that she sustained the injury that led to the workers' compensation claim."

So a year later (if we assume it was a year after the first planned pregnancy attempt because that is how it follows in the article) At the age of 20 (give or take) she marries and finishes a license to work at the Hospital.

This brings us up to 1997 or so?

So approximately 2 years later she is injured in a melee at work....

"On Sept. 18, 1999, 20 patients began rioting..."

"Ultimately, Suleman was paid nearly $170,000 in workers' compensation benefits during an eight-year period that ended last December, when she resigned from her job. Although she had remained on the hospital's staff, she had returned to work only briefly after the injury."

So for an 8 yr period she recieved payment for her injuries that kept her from working... ending in DEC 2008.

"In 2000, she separated from Gutierrez, a split she blamed in part on her withdrawal and lack of interest in life."
She got pregnant in 2000 with IVF. Here is what I find concerning....

"By 2000, a back injury and her inability to bear children had sent her into a deep depression in which she told a psychiatrist that she had suicidal thoughts."
"During her pregnancy and after the birth of her first child, Suleman's records indicate, she experienced wild mood swings. Despite her joy at being pregnant, she told Nehamen, "It was during that time I became depressed and I just wanted to die."
Her therapist said:

"Nehamen said in his report that the depression was not related to her back injury, but stemmed from "the powerful and uncontrollable emotions associated with her pregnancy ..."

But another doctor said:

"Another doctor disagreed and diagnosed her with post-traumatic stress disorder."

Then she reconciled with her husband and seperated again and divorced....2000-2008

"After the baby was born, the emotional roller coaster continued. This time, she was by turns elated and despairing --"

She even told her therapist at the time she was afraid the baby would be kidnapped...that to me sounds almost delusional. It certainly qualifies as irrational.

This woman sounds emotionally unstable. It sounds like she has been for a very long time. That is what concerns me most about this issue.

Hi Everyone Just saw Nadya on tv. Is it me or does she look like she may have gotten her mouth done like Angelina Jolie..My next question,does she think she's Angelina ??

Just saying..

Hi Everyone Just saw Nadya on tv. Is it me or does she look like she may have gotten her mouth done like Angelina Jolie..My next question,does she think she's Angelina ??

Just saying..

I believe that her hired publicity firm spokesperson has made that exact comparison in a number of her interviews. I have seen her so many times in so many clips that I can't begin to tell you which network or when to provide the link.

Just saying..

LOL, was just coming to ask the same thing. She looks like she has had some work done. Her nose looks done, her mouth has the trout pout of being over filled with collagen, she looks "Hollywood" to me. So who payed for all that? :eek:

Oh boy! This is getting good. ;)

I can see it now. Word to ANYONE who's had anything to do with this woman and her escapades over the years. Run, don't walk to your nearest exit! Change your name if you can and NEVER look back.

Her parents are to blame for having only one child.

Her parents went into bankruptcy to support their poor only child.....yet at the same time she was collecting over $150K in disability.

She was married while she had several of these children............

She used a volunteer 'sperm donor?'

She used IVF for ALL 14 children.

A 'fertility doctor' must have implanted this woman.

She has an attorney representing her as disabled,.............but wait, WHILE she was allegedly disabled she's managed to have 14 CHILDREN!?

A doctor deemed this woman who's had 14 children, disabled and I'm assuming his testimony was used in legal documents.

I'm ASSUMING when you have IVF you need to go through a psych test?

Heaven help anyone that's testified in any court cases in recent years on this woman's behalf, as a friend and witness to her dibilitating injuries.

LOT of people, besides this woman, have a few questions to answer........

Wonder how much 'hate mail' her PR firm has received?

Wonder how much 'hate mail' the Today Show will get after airing this woman's interview.

Oh boy, a Pandora's box.

fir shir,
fran

PS....saw earlier today that a fertility doctor, I believe, is being reviewed regarding this case, although NO name was given...........fran

raeann,Wow I didn't know that !!

chicagofa13, The tax payers probably did !! When does this girl have time to take care of her children. Between being pregnant yearly and cosmetic surgery. Wow ohWow

Now I'm even more baffled by all of this.

Everybody is buzzing about the Jolie look... and the James Bond nickname some have put on her took me a minute figure out. LoL

Another Angelina Jolie comparison: Ann Curry was the first to get AJ's interview after birth... so who is the first person this mother gives her interview after the birth? Ann Curry...

I am starting to believe the theorists that thinks she is trying to be Angelina Jolie...

Ugh. I feel sorry for the children in all this, but I hope companies like Pampers, Gerber, etc. continue to steer clear of her. As well as reality TV. Please, she is a BAD ROLE MODEL. No one should hook up with this type of person for publicity. I don't care how many degrees she has, she's got ISSUES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa