GUILTY NC - Lynn Jackenheimer, 33, murdered, Hatteras Island, 3 July 2012

Saturday???...americas most wanted is reruns on saturday...tv guide says new episode is friday 9pm...can you verify that for me?

That's what local news reported last night. I wonder if your station airs the show on a different night. It normally airs at 9pm on are local fox sstation here in cols.

This is just rumor...but on the help find NS facebook page, this was posted about Mt. Vernon a lot of marshalls in that area. I didn't know if it was ok to post it, but I removed the last names of the persons posting.

Sara (I removed the last name)

Any more information? I know a friend of mine said The US Marshalls were here in Mount Vernon lastnight Nate Summerfield was spotted near or around a Nursing Faculty. (word of mouth I didnt see it only heard it)

Like · · 2 hours ago near Mount Vernon

Racheal (I removed the last name) State Marshalls were at the facility yesterday asking Administrative staff if we had any cameras outside. Which unfortunately we don't. The story was one of the staff members was driving up the road saw a man walking and when she pulled in and got to the back door, she started punching in the code to the door and heard someone walk up behind her. There was a man there who asked to use the restroom said he had to go really bad. She said he was almost out of breath and she didn't really believe he had to use the bathroom. Told him she would go ask someone if it was ok and got in the door quick. She hadn't been following the news and happened to be watching the news the other day and Nates picture came up and she freaked out and said she is 99% sure it was the same man that night. State Marshalls were at her home yesterday to get her statement.

How many of us on here would notice our licence plates switched? To be honest...I wouldn't. The big question....would NS take the time to switch the plates...or would he just steal them and not bother with switching? I think somebody would notice if they didn't have plates (esp since we have to have front and backs) but I'm not sure we would notice if he just switched them with his. QUOTE]

Great question - I would certainly notice my plates are gone a lot faster than I would realize they were switched. However if he switched plates, then they would know what plates he now has on his car. If he just took the plates people could speculate that he took them, but they wouldn't know for certain so I don't believe they would release the plate number, but I could be wrong!

This is just rumor...but on the help find NS facebook page, this was posted about Mt. Vernon a lot of marshalls in that area. I didn't know if it was ok to post it, but I removed the last names of the persons posting.

Well that is frightening no matter who it was that ran up behind her. I believe I would be calling someone to meet me at the door right now.

Why would he be spinning his wheels in an area close to home? I would have thought he would have left the area.

I hope they catch him soon.

Are people in Ohio as scared as everyone was in Mississippi when Adam Mayes was on the run?

[/QUOTE]It's always been my opinion that he's on some dirt road somewhere in the middle of nowhere..dead with some long suicide note beside him singing about "woo is me" It's either that, or he has a really good place that he planned to go beforehand. Like a friend's empty cabin that he's heard about and knows nobody is there or he has somebody helping him.[/QUOTE]

i personally do not think NS has or will commit suicide. i read this morning of recorded events in 2004 and 2005 that suggest his anger and violent nature is not a new thing. though he may not have had a fully thought out plan, i am not convinced that he did not go to the beach with the thought of ending Lynn's life even before they left Ashland. it is obvious by Lynn's last minute hesitation to go on vacation with him that he was showing signs of anger which caused her concern. also, the fact that he became agitated by her hesitation lends one to suspect he had something in mind for that week that she was not aware of ... kind of her hesitation was throwing a wrench in his plan.

just my 2 cents as a newbie on this site.

welcome !!

I think he had a plan to hide out as well . I do not think he wanted to return to ohio but had too because of the kids.

Doesn't seem planned. He would have emptied his bank account before leaving on the trip. Also he wouldn't be driving around for several days in a known car with known license plates. It could have been planned much better, but that assumes he is smart and logical.

Smart and logical people don't kill their defenseless girlfriend - in a rage, premeditated, or otherwise. So that's the hard part - trying to figure out how someone like this really thinks.

It's like we should be asking other convicted murderers what they would be doing in his situation. I can't even imagine being in this situation, so even though I have a lot of ideas about what this guy is doing now, he's probably doing something way different.

He's obviously sick in the head. Anyone here able to think like a narcissistic crazy woman killer? It could be helpful!

Doesn't seem planned. He would have emptied his bank account before leaving on the trip. Also he wouldn't be driving around for several days in a known car with known license plates. It could have been planned much better, but that assumes he is smart and logical.

Smart and logical people don't kill their defenseless girlfriend - in a rage, premeditated, or otherwise. So that's the hard part - trying to figure out how someone like this really thinks.

It's like we should be asking other convicted murderers what they would be doing in his situation. I can't even imagine being in this situation, so even though I have a lot of ideas about what this guy is doing now, he's probably doing something way different.

He's obviously sick in the head. Anyone here able to think like a narcissistic crazy woman killer? It could be helpful!

nope but i can say that Dare County Sheriff does not believe it was pre-meditated, a couple of Lynn's friends don't & neither do i...he snapped & his couple days down there after her death were when this man did whatever planning during this crime that he done

I agree with you snicky. I don't think that he planned to kill her, but quickly came up with a plan afterwards to make an escape. I think that he hung around the OBX hoping that her disappearance could be chalked up to stranger foul play if she was discovered sooner than later (he could have told LE that they had a fight and she left to go ghostcrab hunting or something), and then when that didn't happen, he started panicking and decided to get the kids home and go on the run.
I've been a broken record on this site about Saturday, but I still maintain that the stretch of time between Richmond Sat AM's check out and Ashland's Sunday drop-off is the most crucial. He was getting his ducks in a row before all hell broke loose.
He could have switched license plates anywhere along the way. Has it been confirmed that he had OH plates when he pulled away from his brother's house?

I agree with you snicky. I don't think that he planned to kill her, but quickly came up with a plan afterwards to make an escape. I think that he hung around the OBX hoping that her disappearance could be chalked up to stranger foul play if she was discovered sooner than later (he could have told LE that they had a fight and she left to go ghostcrab hunting or something), and then when that didn't happen, he started panicking and decided to get the kids home and go on the run.
I've been a broken record on this site about Saturday, but I still maintain that the stretch of time between Richmond Sat AM's check out and Ashland's Sunday drop-off is the most crucial. He was getting his ducks in a row before all hell broke loose.
He could have switched license plates anywhere along the way. Has it been confirmed that he had OH plates when he pulled away from his brother's house?

i do not know...i know this tho, the woman in Columbus said she seen Nate's plate number on the vehicle when she spotted him (as verified on her 911 call this was her "yes what i saw is what i saw & its him" moment) & i do know thru a reporter friend of mine that the US Marshals believe this woman to be credible & they do believe that was him...so i would say no plate switch had been done, at least up until that sighting in Columbus

for the record, and i have nothing to back this up yet, but i believe that the body was moved at some point...i believe the area 1st searched (with family) somewhat near the rental was where Nate had 1st put her...then in the couple days there before leaving (while trying to make a plan for himself) i believe he decided to move the body farther away from the rental before leaving...if you believe the crime happened in the rental (as Dare County most obviously does) there is a reason they spent all there search in the area they did...listen to the press conference by Sheriff Doughtie...he's very vague with alot of it but does hint to a witness(es) that place something strange going on or Nate himself in that 1st area searched

not sure what was going on here 100% but i believe this was the time spent trying to convince her daughter to get on bus/plane which she refused adamantly & he had to resort to taking her back because he didn't have much choice at that point...i think this man was obviously no career criminal & made alot of panicky decisions...people give him too much credit...he was a book smart, HS athlete...this man was not criminally smart & other than the DV issues, had no prior criminal history...he was obsessed with getting Lynn back in his life, saw that it was definitely not happening & snapped

anyone have confirmation that tonights new episode of America's Most Wanted on Lifetime 9pm will have a portion with the story of the hunt for Nate???...Saturday is a rerun (which they usually show cases they have shown before but are yet unsolved/no capture) and i have many people asking me but i just haven't seen anything...AMW facebook page did say last night that they were just putting the finishing touches on the new episode for Friday so i have to believe tonight is the night they have Nate on...idk but if someone could say for sure so i could pass the word to people in town i would appreciate it

I don't think that he's some mastermind criminal. I just think that in addition to trying to put the daughter on the plane, he could have used the time to figure out a place to hide.
I hadn't heard about the moving of her body theory. I'm sure that there are a lot of additional details and theories that people outside of the Ashland area aren't aware of.
I hope that LE knows a lot more than any of us and finds him alive.

I don't think that he's some mastermind criminal. I just think that in addition to trying to put the daughter on the plane, he could have used the time to figure out a place to hide.
I hadn't heard about the moving of her body theory. I'm sure that there are a lot of additional details and theories that people outside of the Ashland area aren't aware of.
I hope that LE knows a lot more than any of us and finds him alive.

agree, they know more than us im sure....hope they find him alive too

I forgot about the time between killing Lynn and dropping the kids off. You are right about. He did have time - several days - to figure out what he was going to do.

The Columbus witness seems believable. I think he still had his original plates at least until that night. That was a few days ago, and he's had time and opportunity to find other plates. He's probably got some other plates by now. His car will be harder to switch.

It must be pretty lonely on the run. He can't talk to anyone unless someone is willing to help him hide. That would be a stupid thing to do because I think carries some serious jail time.

I hope this manhunt stays in the news even with all the other clutter. His photos need to keep being seen by new people every day.

LE has already said the he will make mistakes and get caught. Sooner is better than later. There's a small cell waiting for him!!

bbm
:floorlaugh:

(at least we've still got a sense of humor for a bit of a lift...thanks, dstampfli!!)

anyone have confirmation that tonights new episode of America's Most Wanted on Lifetime 9pm will have a portion with the story of the hunt for Nate???...Saturday is a rerun (which they usually show cases they have shown before but are yet unsolved/no capture) and i have many people asking me but i just haven't seen anything...AMW facebook page did say last night that they were just putting the finishing touches on the new episode for Friday so i have to believe tonight is the night they have Nate on...idk but if someone could say for sure so i could pass the word to people in town i would appreciate it

Hi, snicky, my heart is with you and all those who knew & loved Lynn. It's so devastating when it happens to someone who is so good, loving and so darn young.

Here in Raleigh, NC, our cablevision note on AMW at 9:00pmEDT tonight has the following description of the program:

"New. Police hope surveillance footage will help them find the person who shot up a Brooklyn fast food restaurant; a bank robber abducts the bank manager's mother and son."

Note that it does say, "New," but it is not OUR story. I guess they could always change the stories presented at the last minute... Who knows?

I just wanted to let you know what the America's Most Wanted blurb says for tonight at 9:00pm EDT.

I've been wondering how he is surviving on $600. Does anybody know where that figure came from? I think he's got alot more cash than people are saying. He had what 3-4 days before Sun to withdraw cash from his bank account plus get cash advances against any credit card he may have. My guess he spent the extra time in Richmond buying disposable cell phones that have internet access maybe even buying prepaid visa or mastercards. Does anyone know Richmond ? are there best buy or radio shack or even wallmart close to where he stayed? He also stopped at his house before fleeing so who knows what kind of stash he had there. Also one of the wanted posters listed him as armed. Any ways its kind of depressing that i can think like that sick *advertiser censored*. But that's what i'd do if i was on the run.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zurbamommyof2
Back