13 yr old under 4' tall becomes a father

So they used their 14 yr old daughter to earn a buck? Gee wonderin' why this girl has about 20 other boys in line to claim they're the father.

Lets hope that baby is removed from their care so this 'pattern' of abuse - YES ABUSE - will not continue into the next generation. :mad:

In one of the first articles, if I read correctly, the girl and her family live on assistance- and it was said that Alfie lives on an "estate" with his mother. I'm not sure what an "estate" is in the context of the article.

I feel bad thinking this, but perhaps the daughter should be removed from her parents care too- encouraging your daughter to be promiscuous (sp?) sounds like abuse too.

Wouldn't it be a hoot to find out that the boy never had sex with her? He was just 12 and a virgin. What if he was messing around with her, she got pregnant by another boy, and she convinced Alfie, who didn't know exactly how babies are made, that he was the father?

I'm kidding, of course. He may not have known what was meant by the reporter's question "How will you handle things financially" (Alfie's answer: "What's 'financially'?"), but I'm sure at 12 he knew what went where to make a baby.

In one of the first articles, if I read correctly, the girl and her family live on assistance- and it was said that Alfie lives on an "estate" with his mother. I'm not sure what an "estate" is in the context of the article.

"Estate" in this context is a British term that refers to a group of houses that are either built at the same time or to the same plan. The implied but absent term is "council estate" meaning public housing projects provided (at least originally) by the local government (city or county) although some of those properties have now either been sold to private individuals or other public landlords.

The pejorative connotations are similar to "trailer park" or "projects" in US Enlgish.

"Estate" in this context is a British term that refers to a group of houses that are either built at the same time or to the same plan. The implied but absent term is "council estate" meaning public housing projects provided (at least originally) by the local government (city or county) although some of those properties have now either been sold to private individuals or other public landlords.

The pejorative connotations are similar to "trailer park" or "projects" in US Enlgish.

Thanks Cymro for the explanation. So it's very possible that both the families aren't very well off, financially?

Honestly, I think the story is a load of crap.

Not that it's impossible, the story just sent my hinky meter way off. My gutt is screaming this story is a lie.

Whoooo hoooooo I was right:woohoo::woohoo:

So it's very possible that both the families aren't very well off, financially?

A racing certainty, I'd say. I think I've read articles saying that both families are on welfare.

Thank you Cymro for explaining the differences so that we Americans can understand. :)

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfmoms/detail?&entry_id=37526

Just saw this on the net a few minutes ago. I have tried to open the mirror.co.uk website where this is in the news but for some reason I can't.

What a sad state of affairs it is. I say Alfie has had a lucky escape, but it leaves me thinking who IS the father. I wonder if a few more paternity test will need to be done to determine this.

I hope after all this he can lead a somewhat normal life.

I couldn't find a good link to post, but I read too that DNA confirmed that Alfie is not the father. I still kind of wonder if this wasn't a money making scheme.

I couldn't find a good link to post, but I read too that DNA confirmed that Alfie is not the father. I still kind of wonder if this wasn't a money making scheme.

http://www.3news.co.nz/News/Alfie-n...tabid/417/articleID/97334/cat/61/Default.aspx

The British schoolboy alleged to have become a dad at the age of 12 is not the baby's father. Chantelle had insisted that she was in love with the babyfaced schoolboy and that he had taken her virginity. However, half a dozen boys from Eastbourne in England have claimed to have slept with the 15-year-old, who fell pregnant at the age of 14, and prompted Alfie to take a paternity test.

--------------------------------
So this Chantelle is either a liar or was raped by someone. Clearly he didn't take her 'virginity' and this girl needs insurmountable help. I hope authorities are watching that home & more importantly the baby.

Money? Yeah Boyzmum, isn't that how most schemes come about? I can see a Sunday BBQ planning it all out, talk shows, tabloids phoning for the exclusive, bidding.....
and they split the profit & walk away.

That is, until they realize Chantelle sleeps around too much and there's too many 'boys' coming forward, then the jig is up.:rolleyes:

This whole thing is so sad, first that this little boy believed he was the father, then to read it was all done for money and he isn't the father but has now thought he was for all these months.

Whoever came up with this scheme needs to do some serious jail time.

So the mom of this girl lets boys stay over night. Where in the he double hockey sticks are the parents of these boys!! who would let there son stay over night with a young girl??

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/815616/tests-reveal-real-father-of-teens-baby

18:08 AEST Tue May 19 2009

...A new round of tests have now revealed another teen, 15-year-old Tyler Barker, as Maisie's dad.

The Sun newspaper reported on Tuesday that the latest test results were released in the High Court and had identified Barker as the father.

Barker, who was 14 when Maisie was conceived, said he thought Stedman would take the morning after pill after they had sex.

"I thought she'd take care of it," he told the newspaper before learning the results of the DNA tests.

"Having sex with her was the worst mistake I've ever made in my life. I wish I'd never met her."...

I'm not sure I'm comfortable with the publishing of the paternity of this child in the media. However, I went ahead and brought it here for those that have an interest in this case as I do.

"Having sex with her was the worst mistake I've ever made in my life. I wish I'd never met her."...

I know he's just a young boy but I do wish they wouldn't have printed this. I'd hate for his child to see that someday.

I agree with you disguiseduser. It made me cringe to read that, even though I know he is a child himself.

An unplanned pregnancy doesn't have to equate and unwanted or unloved child.

So was this a girl a "Free Range Child"

We can't be sure - some of the naughtiest girls I knew at that age had helicopter parents! But with teens and hormones - if there's a will, there's a way!

And in any event, I'd term the parenting philosophy of a Mom who allows her young teenaged girls to have boys spend the night in her bedroom "nuts" as opposed to "free range."

My prayers for all these kids.

The Sun newspaper reported on Tuesday that the latest test results were released in the High Court and had identified Barker as the father.

I'm sorry, which boy was this; the one who said his mother thought the baby looked just like him, the one who said a bunch of other boys had been staying the night there, or is this a new one?

I am appalled with the way this has played out in some rag. Is the government going to step in and take custody of this baby? Or will we be hearing about this boy and girl becoming the youngest GParents ever in a few years? Since they obviously didn't get to milk every dime out of the 'Alfie' story they dreamed up.

So much for the lid the government slapped on this story...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back