2008.11.25 Motions Filed By JB for Court Date

Anyone know where these motions are at that may be readable. These are way too small for these old eyes :)

Anyone know where these motions are at that may be readable. These are way too small for these old eyes :)

AS you are reading them, try pressing Ctrl +. That will make the whole page bigger.
Hope this helps. :)

Orange Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland set a date for next week to hear nearly a dozen motions filed in the Casey Anthony case.

The motions range from Anthony's attorney Jose Baez asking to bring a laptop into the Orange County Jail so he can use it to prepare for trial with his client to another defense request to inspect the hairs found in the trunk of Anthony's car.

Another filing includes a response from the Orlando Sentinel and WFTV-Channel 9 opposing the gag order requested earlier by the state.

The issues will be addressed on Nov. 25 at 2 p.m.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-casey-anthony-111808,0,6143368.story

Why can't Baez use pen and paper to write things down? Does he REALLY NEED a computer? And how much more can Casey contribute to the case that she hasn't already done in all the hours she spent in his office.

I swear, JB has a template program for defense atty where he is pulling all of the up and filling in the blank.

Why can't Baez use pen and paper to write things down? Does he REALLY NEED a computer? And how much more can Casey contribute to the case that she hasn't already done in all the hours she spent in his office.

I'm guessing they are shaking in their booties about a DEFENSE.
It will be so convoluted, they need from now until January to memorize it...

Orange Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland set a date for next week to hear nearly a dozen motions filed in the Casey Anthony case.

The motions range from Anthony's attorney Jose Baez asking to bring a laptop into the Orange County Jail so he can use it to prepare for trial with his client to another defense request to inspect the hairs found in the trunk of Anthony's car.

Another filing includes a response from the Orlando Sentinel and WFTV-Channel 9 opposing the gag order requested earlier by the state.

The issues will be addressed on Nov. 25 at 2 p.m.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-casey-anthony-111808,0,6143368.story

And he also wants the "manual" for training the k9 dogs that were used.

And he also wants the "manual" for training the k9 dogs that were used.

Where is the manual to get KC to talk and her mother to be quiet?

i thought the same thing...that or print it out and take it in...complete BS if you ask me...JMO

Well, not just because it is TonE - but because the prosecution is withholding those particular documents. It could just as well have been Amy or Richardo, or anybody.

Evidently LE just hasn't complied with all of the document requests, and that one document must be TonE's.

Show me a defense atty who doesn't claim they don't have all the discovery and I'll show you a liar. What discovery has the defense turned over to the prosecution?
There's something that TonE knows whether he knows it or not that scares Baez. jmo

Well, not just because it is TonE - but because the prosecution is withholding those particular documents. It could just as well have been Amy or Richardo, or anybody.

Evidently LE just hasn't complied with all of the document requests, and that one document must be TonE's.
Ot Baez THINKS it is....lol...and I do mean "thinks" sarcastically. Baez thinks is about as real as KC "says"

IF he isn't the lead atty anymore why is he acting like it? He's so pumpoed up with his own ego that he is making HUGE mistakes. Go Jose!!!!!!!

Ot Baez THINKS it is....lol...and I do mean "thinks" sarcastically. Baez thinks is about as real as KC "says"

IF he isn't the lead atty anymore why is he acting like it? He's so pumpoed up with his own ego that he is making HUGE mistakes. Go Jose!!!!!!!

I can just see him going home at night to practice:
OK, OBJECT means to put forth in opposition
MOTION means an application made to a court or judge to obtain an order, ruling, or direction
GUILTY means justly liable to or deserving of a penalty

There! I think I'm ready!

JB continues to make motions without stating any law supporting his motion. Where is the authority for his motion? No Points and Authorities? No citation on the motion. No statutes. No Rules of Court? Discovery rights are based on statutes. Those statutes say what the timelines are for producing discovery on each of the charges. In my jurisdiction, if the movant (attorney who files the motion) doesn't cite the authority, the Judges can refuse to hear the motion.)

There's only one motion in the whole batch with citations. That's the media's objection to the state's request for a gag order. Baez hasn't got a clue. If I were the judge I would refuse to hear the motions just to teach him a lesson. He should have paid more attention last time around and known to cite case law or statutes.

There's only one motion in the whole batch with citations. That's the media's objection to the state's request for a gag order. Baez hasn't got a clue. If I were the judge I would refuse to hear the motions just to teach him a lesson. He should have paid more attention last time around and known to cite case law or statutes.

you got that right!

I swear, JB has a template program for defense atty where he is pulling all of the up and filling in the blank.

:laugh: I would not put it past him if he does. He probably has a manual on the laptop on "Defense Attorney for Dummies". :rolleyes: I don't know why he is demanding this. No other lawyer brings thier electronics into the jail so why does he have to have it differently.

About the "Manual" for the cadaver dogs. I had to ROFL laughing because I am picturing them being like a appliances and using a manual to figure out how to use them. :laughbounce:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back