2008.11.25 Motions Filed By JB for Court Date

I swear, JB has a template program for defense atty where he is pulling all of the up and filling in the blank.

No, I don't think so. The templates have legal citations already built in to support the motions!

Right. Don't real defense attorney cross reference other cases with the outcome he is trying to get?
Yes. They cite statutes, Rules of Court, and other cases in the document that goes with the motion. It is called "points and authorities."

Now ladies doncha know why he wants to bring his computer into the jail???? Come on...been a long time since "someone" had internet access...ya know, my space, facebook, yadayadayada:bang:

Now ladies doncha know why he wants to bring his computer into the jail???? Come on...been a long time since "someone" had internet access...ya know, my space, facebook, yadayadayada:bang:
You think they have wifi in jail? I'm thinking solitaire, maybe a little mahjong...

You think they have wifi in jail? I'm thinking solitaire, maybe a little mahjong...

Correct...or singles.com or net whatever...maybe a website for inmates....inmates.com or something:rolleyes:

Why can't Baez use pen and paper to write things down? Does he REALLY NEED a computer? And how much more can Casey contribute to the case that she hasn't already done in all the hours she spent in his office.

JB needs a LARGE database computer file to catalog and track all of the Perps lies and imaginary friends.

No other lawyer brings thier electronics into the jail so why does he have to have it differently.

According to Baez' motion, apparently public defender attorneys are allowed to bring in their laptops but private attorneys are not, and he is saying that the policy is unfair to private attorneys. If he's correct about this policy, it sounds unfair to me too.

According to Baez' motion, apparently public defender attorneys are allowed to bring in their laptops but private attorneys are not, and he is saying that the policy is unfair to private attorneys. If he's correct about this policy, it sounds unfair to me too.
It does. I wonder if he's correct. Any Florida public defenders in the house?

Court date set to hear motions in Casey Anthony case
Sarah Lundy | Sentinel Staff Writer
6:11 PM EST, November 18, 2008
Orange Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland set a date for next week to hear nearly a dozen motions filed in the Casey Anthony case.

The motions range from Anthony's attorney Jose Baez asking to bring a laptop into the Orange County Jail so he can use it to prepare for trial with his client to another defense request to inspect the hairs found in the trunk of Anthony's car.

Another filing includes a response from the Orlando Sentinel and WFTV-Channel 9 opposing the gag order requested earlier by the state.

The issues will be addressed on Nov. 25 at 2 p.m.

Maybe she wants to be out for Thanksgiving!! Do they serve Turkey in Jail on Thanksgiving??:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

Many of the motions are associated with obtaining information about the procedures investigators are supposed to follow and documentation as to whether or not they actually did follow them. Others - associated with testing of evidence - are intended to allow the defense to call into question the veracity of the tests.

It is clear that the defense strategy will be to place the seed of doubt into jurors minds regarding what the evidence says.

Many of the motions are associated with obtaining information about the procedures investigators are supposed to follow and documentation as to whether or not they actually did follow them. Others - associated with testing of evidence - are intended to allow the defense to call into question the veracity of the tests.

It is clear that the defense strategy will be to place the seed of doubt into jurors minds regarding what the evidence says.

IMO....The defense already needs a new strategy. The one currently in motion is not working out :)

I was thinking more along the line of Dominos :crazy:

Heck, we don't know how he is getting paid anyways. Could be the PUBLIC paying for him or someone PRIVATE paying for him. Depends on who you ask. I sure wouldn't want to be a Florida tax payer paying for this killer or any killer to be matter of fact. You think someone would think stuff through before going to extreme measures. No one really gets away with murder so you know you'll need an attorney. So if you are going to kill make sure you have money so TAX PAYERS don't pay for your .:rage::rant:

Okay, I'm done now.....No more rants for today :crazy::crazy:

Here is all of them:
http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photogalleries/118008anthonymotions/indexGallery.htm

This is before I edited to include all:
So are they trying to discredit Tony L?
http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/Casey Anthony compel calendar Nov 18.pdf

Any lawyers who can explain please do.

Bold by me-

Hey, Coley. In Tony L's interview the detective asks Tony "Are you, you had stated before you are willing to allow us to use some investigative leads I don't necessarily want to talk about on tape."
http://flawebhosting.net/docs092308/al092308.pdf page 32 lines 8 and 9

I believe this "secret" information is the reason Tony was deposed and JB is still trying to get LE's point of view on this info. jmo

Bold by me-

Hey, Coley. In Tony L's interview the detective asks Tony "Are you, you had stated before you are willing to allow us to use some investigative leads I don't necessarily want to talk about on tape."

I believe this "secret" information is the reason Tony was deposed and JB is still trying to get LE's point of view on this info. jmo

But just like a previous poster posted, shouldn't JB do his own homework?

Bold by me-

OMG...I have always wondered what LE meant when they said this to Tony...and Tony said yes, but then we never heard anything else about that! I think it will be all these things that make or break this trial. Clearly there is more evidence and insight somewhere.

OMG...I have always wondered what LE meant when they said this to Tony...and Tony said yes, but then we never heard anything else about that! I think it will be all these things that make or break this trial. Clearly there is more evidence and insight somewhere.

ITA- JB really wants to know what Tony said "off the record" and so do I.
Hopefully the judge will order LE to turn this over and we can see it too...

The only person who actualy mentioned doing a 'timeline' other than LE in the interviews IIRC is Jesse G. and that is at the end of the interview
pages 1578-1583
http://flawebhosting.net/docs092308/jg092308.pdf

LE mentions 'timeline' in every interview. That is what they do.. create a timeline. Take all of the dates that everyone gives them and figure out who is where and when.

Why would they give that to JB? When do we see what JB has? Discovery goes both ways.

The only person who actualy mentioned doing a 'timeline' other than LE in the interviews IIRC is Jesse G. and that is at the end of the interview
pages 1578-1583
http://flawebhosting.net/docs092308/jg092308.pdf

LE mentions 'timeline' in every interview. That is what they do.. create a timeline. Take all of the dates that everyone gives them and figure out who is where and when.

Why would they give that to JB? When do we see what JB has? Discovery goes both ways.

Are you meaning the only other 2 people to do the timeline off record? B/C I thought most of the friends did one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back